Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • May seems to be adopting the classic British tack of just repeating the same thing to the johnny foreigners until they understand. Maybe she'll start miming.

"WE *points to self* NO BACKSTOP *points at tourist map of Ireland and shakes finger*. YOU CHANGEZ DEALOS, COMPRENDEZ??"
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • May seems to be adopting the classic British tack of just repeating the same thing to the johnny foreigners until they understand. Maybe she'll start miming.

"WE *points to self* NO BACKSTOP *points at tourist map of Ireland and shakes finger*. YOU CHANGEZ DEALOS, COMPRENDEZ??"

Take a bow son, take a bow.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    so its gonna be no deal then told yas, touch me

I currently reckon that the most likely outcome is enough Labour Brexiters and ERG members come together to approve May’s deal.
  • Have you downgraded from a cert to a "currently reckon"? *grabs paper bag*
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My certainty around avoiding no deal hasn’t shifted, my currently reckon is the most likely way I see that happening.
  • You're certain you currently reckon?
  • It's going to be a no deal and we're all going to die aren't we?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I refer you to the OP.
  • I can smell burning.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You're certain you currently reckon?

As in, there are a few different ways we could avoid no deal and I’m certain that we’ll choose one of them. At the moment, the one I currently reckon is most likely to be chosen is that one.
  • FIRE!!!!!!!!!
  • Dante, go find monkeys posts on momentum deselection fears, now. That's an order from your Kommissar
    July 2016  
    monkey wrote:
    You know that will happen even with Owen Smith in charge right? Unless there is another election before the boundary changes are made anyway.
    I don't know when these changes are going to come in but if Corbyn wins, I'm sure there'll be another election later this year or early next year. Deselection, as I understand it, is decided by the NEC. They can't stop it happening but they can decide the timetables, weighting of the votes and a load of other stuff to make it easier or much harder to push a deselection through. This is a threat by Corbyn, clear and simple. Get behind me or you'll be at risk. Some people might like that he's saying this obviously. I'm sort of neutral, because if Corbyn wins, then something has to happen to either force a split or force cohesion.
    monkey wrote:
    There's a balancing act as they are representing their party, but MPs should be there to do more than act in complete subservience to a majority of their party's members in any given constituency. They've got the people that voted for them to think about, the people that didn't vote for them, and their own opinions to all tie up. Like I said, I'm neutral but there's zero chance that Corbyn would pushing for this if he thought it would harm his own prospects.
  • Here you go.
    monkey wrote:
    Dante, go find monkeys posts on momentum deselection fears, now. That's an order from your Kommissar
    July 2016  
    monkey wrote:
    You know that will happen even with Owen Smith in charge right? Unless there is another election before the boundary changes are made anyway.
    I don't know when these changes are going to come in but if Corbyn wins, I'm sure there'll be another election later this year or early next year. Deselection, as I understand it, is decided by the NEC. They can't stop it happening but they can decide the timetables, weighting of the votes and a load of other stuff to make it easier or much harder to push a deselection through. This is a threat by Corbyn, clear and simple. Get behind me or you'll be at risk. Some people might like that he's saying this obviously. I'm sort of neutral, because if Corbyn wins, then something has to happen to either force a split or force cohesion.
    monkey wrote:
    There's a balancing act as they are representing their party, but MPs should be there to do more than act in complete subservience to a majority of their party's members in any given constituency. They've got the people that voted for them to think about, the people that didn't vote for them, and their own opinions to all tie up. Like I said, I'm neutral but there's zero chance that Corbyn would pushing for this if he thought it would harm his own prospects.
  • Brexit deal may not be put to MPs until late March, officials say

I mean sure, we haven't written legislation that makes us leave in late March.
  • Here you go.
    monkey wrote:
    Dante, go find monkeys posts on momentum deselection fears, now. That's an order from your Kommissar
    July 2016  
    monkey wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Nice find.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Brexit deal may not be put to MPs until late March, officials say

I mean sure, we haven't written legislation that makes us leave in late March.

It's fine, the vote will still be meaningful

• RedDave2 wrote:
    May seems to be adopting the classic British tack of just repeating the same thing to the johnny foreigners until they understand. Maybe she'll start miming.

Take a bow son, take a bow.

I enjoyed this too
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Here you go.
    monkey wrote:
    July 2016  
    monkey wrote:
    monkey wrote:

This is a disappointment. The Gulag beckons

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Fintan O'Toole explaining English nationalism, the Irish border and the invention of oppression to Americans. 

• I know it's long but it is good. If you start watching it you'll probably do the whole thing because Fintan.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So the "not at risk" ferry contract with the ferry company with no ferries had been terminated, I think because the company realised they had no ferries rather than the government doing so. Grayling genius once more.
  • ... to people who already get it.
  • The Guardian's Anywhere But Westminister series is alright/bleak. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa_1MA_DEorEtJesA0TC4RrJajbk3NIix
  • So we are back to brinkmanship.
    At this stage its total deadlock, May's counter offer to Corbyn was garbage but it's as good as it is going to get, May holds all the cards and it is clear she is willing to utilise the threat of no deal as leverage.

Polling is showing a Tory majority in the event of a GE so that is off the cards.

Take the offer, pass the deal and save the economy another month of uncertainty. It's too late for anything else now and the economy cannot take an extension.
  • May's deal is the option most likely to create an even bigger divide though. It really is all fucked no matter what happens. 

No deal destroys the economy, and remain only angers the working class further, and christ knows they've got a lot to be angry about already. Yes they'll be even worse off with a no deal, but they're not going to see any positives come out of May's deal or remain either.
  • Off the back of today's positive-for-the-Tories polling news, I'd love to see another 'fuck it all' general election called on a whim.
  • Amazing that this astonishingly shite Tory government would still probably edge it in a GE. If that's not a sign of societal meltdown I don't know what is
  • At this point. the best option appears to be backing Mays shitshow if it's confirmed in a referendum, where the other option is remaining in the EU.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!