Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • THEN:

NOW:
    Japanese car-maker Nissan is cancelling plans to build its X-Trail model at its plant in Sunderland

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1091713140495212544
  • John Mann really is thick as pigshit isn't he?
  • John Mann really is thick as pigshit isn't he?
    He's also a shamelessly self-interested moron.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I remember that woman dancing when the Sunderland result came in.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Still, no jobs lost, yet.
  • Rebel Labour MPs set to quit party and form centre group

In. Day 1 pre-order special edition with Chukka Umunna souvenir statue.
  • Even the Queen is panicking. That's got to be worth something?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • A new centre party is utterly idiotic. They might as well just join the Tories given the effect they would have.
  • I_R wrote:
    Political suicide.
    It's utterly delusional.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yeah. Do want to see it happen though, good riddance.
  • The Graun must have done 10 articles like that since Glorious Leader took over. I don’t know if they’re put there to try and build some backing for the idea or what.
  • Well yeah, it's pretty much them editorially.
  • Tomorrow, a fresh row is expected in the party over the handling of antisemitism, with many MPs, including Berger, demanding to know what progress is being made into complaints the party is investigating. Berger is insisting on the party revealing the full details within a week.
    This sounds like they’re actively trying to start another media shit show.
  • So on the left we would have Green, Labour, Lib Dem, SNP, Plaid and New Labour party.

On the right Cons, DUP and a defunct UKIP.

So no chance of a left wing majority government ever and the existing ones already won't work with each other.
    We are gonna have Tory cunts forever.
  • Javid dismisses rumour of a snap election in June.
    It's not really a snap election if planned 5 months in advance is it?

Anyway he said "the people will never forgive us", I'm going to start using this line for everything now, it has become so throw away it has lost all meaning and I'm taking ownership.

If I don't eat that muffin the people will never forgive us.
    I'll leave the washing up because if I do it now the people will never forgive us.
  • Let's have 5 GA's next year. And 3 referendums. I say put the Queen in charge because why the fuck not? Maybe Mary Berry can be the deputy and Noel Edmunds can be the Brexit secretary.

It can't get any worse so we might as well give it a shot. I mean that. I actually, sincerely believe that'd be no worse than what we've got now.
  • And Corbyn is shit. You can have the best policies in the world but if you can't lead a party or show the fucking remotest clue on how to be press savvy in the 21st century you might as well fuck off now and stop wasting everyone's time.
  • JMW wrote:
    Yeah. Do want to see it happen though, good riddance.

This. Saves us the media outrage over their deselection etc.

• Yes I do feel better after that rant.
  • . wrote:
  • *HAMMER AND SICKLE INTENSIFIES*

No but srsly, I'm 100% with gonz's post.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I bet you ten pints he never sees power.
  • Guys.
    I found an article that actually discusses Irish border tech.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47047993

I will break it down.
    The closest example to what it could be appears to be the Norway/Sweden border.

1. Personal vehicles register to cross and have their number plate scanned by cameras on unmanned borders.
    Lol at the idea of the Irish accepting a database of how often they cross the border, that will kick the fuck off.

2. Goods vehicles are still inspected and it takes roughly 20 minutes per vehicle.
    So an absolutely standard border there and certainly not frictionless. I also suspect the road network joining N/S is a lot simpler than that of the island of Ireland. You can't put lorry inspection areas on B roads.

3. It relies on very close customs arrangements.
    I suspect this is why checks only average 20 minutes. The further away you go the longer the average check will take. Go this close and you may as well have full alignment.

4. Close political ties.
    ahahahahahahahahahaha

The article also details the ERG solution to the goods border.
    They want checks on either source or destination instead. This goes against EU law but lets not let that get in the way.
    First off you can't do destination because the goods are already in the country by then.

At source this is their idea..
    "You make a declaration and customs can say, 'Hold up, I'll come by with my car and inspect your goods,'"
    A shockingly poor understanding of logistics. Large companies would have to have customs officials onsite 24/7. Smaller business would be crippled with the costs and hassle of arranging such a thing.
    Other business that use goods vehicles but not for transporting goods (LGVs etc) wouldn't be able to cross the border in any regular manner.

With either "solution" it is suspected that customs officials would also face abuse and possibly worse, so would probably need to provide security protection, effectively creating an armed border.

This is why we arent hearing any detail from MPs on this, it falls apart instantly facing any form of scrutiny.
  • . wrote:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Secret shenanigans had be going on with Nissan then eh, prior to Nissan saying "woo England" two years ago. Only now fully revealed cos even with the can it was tempting enough to say. The government really are doing us proud!
  • I thought it was well known Nissan were getting bungs.
    Tbh it's not too bad a deal. 60 odd million for nearly 800 staff (and that's just on the Xtrail). How long is a car run 5 years?
    Gov get 30% of that back in NI and income tax, plus the savings of having people employed. Along with other taxes such as VAT, stamp duty, car tax etc that come with people not being on the bread line.

It's a shockingly reasonable investment in Northern common folk for Tories.

Although saying that, Nissan are cunts and forced my brother and half the development employees to work as contractors for multiple years. As soon as his Gov funded apprenticeship ended they were all "yeah we aren't employing but we can take you on as a contractor".
    He left for 5 years, went back did 5 years contract and left again, the practice is still ongoing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!