Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • i saw a site about tactical voting for the euro elections to get the most 'pro remain' MEPs in place, and minimise the number pro-leave.
    Since labour isn't pro-remain, it basically boiled down to vote Lib Dems in England, Greens in Wales, SNP in Scotland.

it was this: https://www.remainunited.org/be-tactical/
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah, I'm not really convinced by it.

Compass, who were behind the Progressive Alliance say not to bother and vote whoever you want.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I reckon I’ll be going with the Greens as I can’t quite bring myself to vote LD yet. Fortunately, proportional representation should mean that this won’t be a wasted vote.
  • Question Time last night was rancid. I couldn’t watch it all. Farage in front of an aggressively Leave crowd, lapping it up, stirring shit. The Remain / 2nd ref case being ineptly put forward by Anna Soubry, getting booed and heckled all over the place. Farage weaseled out of any challenge that was put to him with his usual vague claptrap. The Labour guy seemed like a decent man but completely unable to add anything useful because Labour’s Brexit policy prohibits it. A fucking state, the whole thing.
  • What is Labour's current stance?
    I notice Corbyn said a 2nd ref could be healing.

Does that mean he is backing it? Are they remaining tight lipped due to ongoing cross party talks?

MEP elections are less than two weeks away. Surely they are gonna have to get off the fence next week or face a hammering similar to the Tories.
  • If they can’t get a ‘good’ Brexit deal, Labour back having the option of a 2nd referendum. They don’t back having one, they back theoretically being able to want one.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    What is Labour's current stance? I notice Corbyn said a 2nd ref could be healing. Does that mean he is backing it? Are they remaining tight lipped due to ongoing cross party talks? MEP elections are less than two weeks away. Surely they are gonna have to get off the fence next week or face a hammering similar to the Tories.

Labours stance is don't ask don't tell.

It's not affected them that much in polling. The Tories are largely taking the brunt.
  • I suspect it may be similar to the local elections.
    Labour take a smallish hit but miss the opportunity to make a large gain.
  • Yeah, pretty much.

Interestingly in the latest Opinium poll, the CUK's support has collapsed to 2%.
  • Not too surprising given the options available.
    I suspect most English remain voters will look to Lib Dems, closely followed by Greens.
    Welsh and Scottish looking to Plaid and SNP.

CUKs dont really offer anything in this. Also if voters are anti Lab or Con CUKs are tainted by previous association.
    In a GE certain members may do better if constituencies vote for the man rather than the party.
  • https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/13/big-tech-whatsapp-democracy-india

Reform of Facebook/ social media arguably won't matter. It's the core business of FB and google (precise targeting of ads/propaganda) that is threatening to democracy. More or less privacy won't help in that regard.

The science of ad targeting has become so effective it arguably allows for precise manipulation of a population's media consumption. This in turn effectively influences political stance on a macro level (elections!) and thus political discourse.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I thought this was utterly hilarious

https://youtu.be/BS4vu1AA8CA
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • There's a great summary of the British condition there, but I'm annoyed that the narrator didn't compress/EQ his feed properly.
  • Like I think he could've done it a bit without undermining the tone.
  • The train chav wants a good shoeing.
    Bring back The Krays or summin.
  • Soon the UK's economy will look very much like the US. Expect even more chavs and homeless people. Oh, and chlorine chicken and opiate derivatives.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Balls on Corbs.
    He has pulled the negotiations, firstly because they are predictably going nowhere but also because May is done and there is little point talking to a zombie PM.

Surely now is the time to lean heavily into second ref, one week to turn around MEP elections.
  • I've been out and about this week with work, rather than in my normal bubble, and there seemed a rather large amount of adverts/support for UKIP around the MEP elections...and basically nothing of any of the other parties. Even saw actual people on bridges over the A1, waving flags and whatnot for UKIP, as well as billboards and posters in house windows etc.
    A small sample no doubt, but it seemed worrying to me...seems the only parties actively trying to get MEPs are the ones that are doing it with intent to act like twats within the EU.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I've seen a fair few "Bollocks to Brexit" stickers and flyers about, had flyers through the letterbox for Lab/Lib/Grn/Con nothing for UKIP or Brexit Party here at all.

My constituency voted 52/48 leave iirc (before I lived here) so perhaps they feel it's not worth campaigning here as it's already won.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Out and about where?

Lib Dems, Greens and Change UK are all pushing, but probably not so much in leave areas.
  • I’ve had mailouts from the SNP, Labour and Lib Dems. I expect the Greens to have people standing outside the polling station, they usually do.
  • One of the Green council candidates is out knocking on doors all the time here. Bloke is in a wheelchair as well, fairplay to him because getting through gates and up to front doors and that must be draining in a wheelchair.
  • poprock wrote:
    I’ve had mailouts from the SNP, Labour and Lib Dems. I expect the Greens to have people standing outside the polling station, they usually do.

Same, along with the tory leaflet. Fuck all from the kippers though.
  • Only ukip and brexit party where I am.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I really hoped corbyn and May could have reached a consensus that could bring enough of parliament along.

It’s a damn shame.
  • Yup.
    I think Corbyn is right though. Absolutely no point talking to May now as she is a dead man walking.

I think someone pointed it out on here. She will go if her deal is rejected and her party want her out, so they will reject the deal to oust her sooner than they would hold their nose to vote for it.
  • 7499570-D-22-BC-4-B53-A34-E-8-BD41-A981736.jpg

Out of curiosity who would you say this paper is asking you to vote for?

Even the back

0-BA3-CB16-1-D75-41-C8-9-FC1-E8-D9-C426-CAC4.jpg

Is kind of ambiguous.
  • Danny Targaryen.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Any of them. Its trying to say Labour is Remain, in a way, and the others are deffo, so vote for any of them and its a pro EU vote

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!