Coffee and Tea
  • Nick wrote:
    I made @Tempy a coffee when I saw him. Ah, good times.

I'm having a coffee RIGHT NOW
  • "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I think Unlikely is in caffeine-is-bad-denial.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Where the fuck did my post go?? 
    Earlier, I wrote:
    Caffeine does not "rewire your brain" and nor does it "reduce the amount of oxygen it needs".
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It lessens the amount of oxygen in the brain. Meaning it takes longer to process whatever is going on inside it. Therefore headaches.

If you're picking up on semantics I'll presume you are in pedant mode.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • If you think you're a neuroscientist I'll be baffled.
  • And you don't even need to be.  Just read my post for fuck's sake.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I read it. But ignoring it are you saying caffine _does_not_ limit the amount of oxygen in the brain? Because if you are you are wrong.
  • I'm disputing the points made.  Read again.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I don't need to - you're just being a pedant.

Certainly the short form 'rewires your brain' is not strictly true however when it's present it caps the amount of oxygen coming in. As said it makes decisions harder to make and what normally happens is the brain fires synapses from nodes and some of those connecting nodes include past experiences so the decision made is usually one made of experience and not logic as we are too impatient to wait for the proper decision.

This is why when we make mistakes fueled on caffeine seconds later we say to ourselves 'I shouldn't have done that'.

So yes, whilst misleading, 'rewires your brain' is perfectly valid as an executive summary to the evidence.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Well, I am glad I changed your mind. X
  • beano wrote:
    I don't need to - you're just being a pedant. Certainly the short form 'rewires your brain' is not strictly true however when it's present it caps the amount of oxygen coming in. As said it makes decisions harder to make and what normally happens is the brain fires synapses from nodes and some of those connecting nodes include past experiences so the decision made is usually one made of experience and not logic as we are too impatient to wait for the proper decision. This is why when we make mistakes fueled on caffeine seconds later we say to ourselves 'I shouldn't have done that'. So yes, whilst misleading, 'rewires your brain' is perfectly valid as an executive summary to the evidence.

That is utter bollocks.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Christ on a bike McFella. I dunno - Swirl gave a layman's explanation of the evidence. You don't refute caffeine having a direct affect on oxygen levels in the brain, or said lack of oxygen being the cause of bad decisions.

You're attacking the language of his post for the fucking sake of it is all I can tell, for what point? Perhaps you could put the evidence, which you do not refute into an accessible sentence? As I most certainly won't write about it in all it's technical form because that's just what arseholes do.

I presume my last post is bollocks because you have a greater understanding of how the brain works and you preffer that if I use the term synapses, you'd prefer me to also include the terms, dendric tree, body, axon and axon hillock too? As otherwise my attempt to write accessibly on this matter is just not fucking good enough for you the king pedant?

Total rhetoric in here. Have a nice evening Mike.
  • He is wrong in what he stated.  I don't see why that's confusing you.  Maybe if you thought a little more about it then you'd realise that he's simply incorrect.  JEWS ARE EVIL.  Is that correct?  No, it's the language I used. 

I find your agression somewhat repellant and unnecessary.  If you actually thought about what I've written, rather than dismiss it because of who you assume I am, then you might, possibly, just, get the point.
  • Ah fuck it.  Two morons in one day is too much to take.
  • I like it, just had a good one.
  • Yes, I'm enjoying a double espresso right now.

s'lovely

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Roujin wrote:

So we're just going to ignore this article providing a synopsis of an attached medical study that states that caffeine does indeed limit the flow of blood to the brain?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • NO YOU FUCKWIT I DIDN'T IGNORE THAT.

Would you please read what I've posted.  Fucking hell.
  • Perhaps if I suggested that surgeons fixed broken femurs by rewiring nerves you'd get it.  You do not rewire the brain by temporarily reducing the diameter of blood vessels.
  • You also do not reduce the oxygen requirements of neurons or other cells simply by reducing the blood flow.
  • Hahaha fuck off trying to claim it was syntax and that you agreed with the basic principle Swirl put forward, just that his explanation of the exact mechanics was incorrect, like you are a fucking neurologist. 

Quoting the article I linked to it says this on the second line:

Chronic caffeine use results in an adaptation of the vascular adenosine receptor system presumably to compensate for the vasoconstrictive effects of caffeine

So in fact it does technically rewire your brain in order to fucntion on lower oxygen conent, because there is less blood and as result less oxygen flowing to the brain as a direct result of the caffeine intake. 

You went in on the presumption that Swirl was talking shit, which he wasn't. You got caught out, take it like a ham, don't try and hide behind semantics after you realised you were about to be caught out.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I've only had a single cup of tea and a cup of my mums special brew coffee today. This is most peculiar for me considering there is a Starfucker's in my building.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hang about, didn't bother reading further anything by Unlikely as I had grew tired and weary of any further lack of actual debate. Aggressive? Not at all. Apologies to anyone if I came across that way. It was my exiting statement on the matter was all. If anything meant to sound a bit jovial but clearly I failed. So sorry again.
  • You talk some nonsense gonzo.

Engarde..

I'm going to buy some gloves so I can come to your house and slap you on the face with one of them..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'm a common fuck so I'm really enjoying that Nescafé Gold Crema shit right now. Oh yeah it guuuuud.
  • Is it? Might give it a go then. Gold Blend is awful. Oh hang on am I not supposed to be boycotting Nestle?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Lulz at Unlikely. I was just trying to put it in simple terms, I know a real neurologist would probably throw a wobbly at the way I explained it. But it is true that caffeine, over time, changes the way your brain works. "Re wires" is probably not the best way to put it, but hey ho. I think I got across what I was trying to say pretty clearly.

In other news, I like coffee. In fact, I'm off to get one now.
    Roujin wrote:

Citation needed, citation got. Nice one. :)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!