Nioh
  • You can equip the tiger with a seat and ride it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • don't mess with me bro

attack.gif?w=650
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm trying to remember from the demo if there's any indication of the quality of the loot on the ground before you pick it up.

From Kotaku
    Nioh isn’t just influenced by the Souls games—there’s more than a little Diablo to it as well, particularly with regard to loot. Enemies regularly drop armor, weapons, and usable items, and each one is color-coded for rarity.

Full Article
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I only just found out this is released on Wednesday, not Tuesday. What sorta messed up day is that? I spent yesterday cursing Simplygames for not doing their usual Saturday delivery, and now i know why.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Jesus fucking Christ. I organised to take Tuesday off work. Can't they just go back to Fridays. Weds? Wtf.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Fyi anyone still on the fence the opening of the game is in the Tower of London and you can dress up as a Beefeater and then transmogrify higher end-game equipment to look like that.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Jim Sterling gave it a perfect score.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sterling is an absolute bellend, but good to see it doing well. Back to work soon, will buy then as skint.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    He's in the club of people I shouldn't like but actually think are a'ight along with Angry Joe.

People keep saying William's Irish when he was born in Kent. I don't think his accent is that bloody off.
  • Jim Sterling will be forever an "almost ok guy" to me since he gave vanquish a shit review. i'll never forgive that.

i still don't know if i can equip that tiger.
  • Curtis wrote:
    I only just found out this is released on Wednesday, not Tuesday. What sorta messed up day is that? I spent yesterday cursing Simplygames for not doing their usual Saturday delivery, and now i know why.

My last order from Simply Games ( resident evil 7 ) didn't turn up till day after release !

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Hype train feels a bit slow
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    He's in the club of people I shouldn't like but actually think are a'ight along with Angry Joe. People keep saying William's Irish when he was born in Kent. I don't think his accent is that bloody off.

Yeah, it's strange they cast a dude from Belfast, and even then he definitely sounds Irish - would have been better maybe to cast an English actor instead of an Irish one, because even though Ben Peel is from the UK he definitely does not sound like a chap from Kent. A scouring of the Internets gave way to some good lols though. Lots of guys getting bent out of shape over it.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    My last order from Simply Games ( resident evil 7 ) didn't turn up till day after release !

That's rare for them. Normally happens when their supplier lets 'em down. Its only happened to me once in maybe 2 years of using them, hence my repeated custom.

In other news: my order for Nioh dispatched this afternoon.  :)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    eah, it's strange they cast a dude from Belfast, and even then he definitely sounds Irish - would have been better maybe to cast an English actor instead of an Irish one, because even though Ben Peel is from the UK he definitely does not sound like a chap from Kent. A scouring of the Internets gave way to some good lols though. Lots of guys getting bent out of shape over it.

We've done some terrible things to Ireland over the centuries so I'm willing to let this casting slide.
  • Ign gave this a 9.6
  • Hnggg I have no cash. Might have to scrounge around the drawers for stuff to trade in. Hopefully CEX will have copies come Saturday. Don't wanna go into Game. 

I really shouldn't though. Huge Pile O Shame, and Zelda round the corner, I should take a leaf or two out of Muzzy's book.
  • Ooooh just got home and noticed that my loose change jar is almost full... that's usually around £40!!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Had a couple of hours on this. The prologue was weird and kinda pointless. I'm on the island of the betas, and made it to a new area not seen before. Still forgetting to Ki Pulse. The skill that auto pulses when you dodge is helping somewhat, but i'm too tired to concentrate properly, so it's best i leave it for now before the unnecessary deaths start racking up.
  • I have yakuza to finish off and mass effect and andromeda is out next month so this will have to wait. I love the souls/bloodborne games so this could be for me.
  • Can't get it till Saturday, but really looking forward to a bastard hard experience.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Should arrive tomorrow for me. Then i am become beefeater.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I might go play some souls to cheer me up. Maybe Demon's....
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    This is splendid. Love it, right up my street in terms of design, mechanics and setting. I can finally live out my last samurai Tom cruise fantasies. Oh and the loot system - coming from a diablo/mmo fiend - is fantastic.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    eah, it's strange they cast a dude from Belfast, and even then he definitely sounds Irish - would have been better maybe to cast an English actor instead of an Irish one, because even though Ben Peel is from the UK he definitely does not sound like a chap from Kent. A scouring of the Internets gave way to some good lols though. Lots of guys getting bent out of shape over it.
    We've done some terrible things to Ireland over the centuries so I'm willing to let this casting slide.

Interestingly enough the protagonist mentions an Irish word of Saoirse(freedom) after the prologue, so it's not just the accent.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    This is splendid. Love it, right up my street in terms of design, mechanics and setting. I can finally live out my last samurai Tom cruise fantasies. Oh and the loot system - coming from a diablo/mmo fiend - is fantastic.

fuckin A, good to hear you like it
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Really like the depth of the combat system with different stances at the gears-like active reload. Seems to be a lot ore skill to it than souls. Think you'll like it.
  • Is this more like souls or bloodborne?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's like Dark Souls mixed with Onimusha and Diablo.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just spent the last hour riveted to the screen. Its been so intense trying to clear this area of all the enemies without getting overrun. Luckily sniping with the Bow & Arrow is extremely effective. As is running away like a rat. "Reeep!" lol!

You really cannot fuck about with the big Yokai - one combo and you're toast! Thank goodness they don't respawn, otherwise it would be a right slog.

Still tinkering with weapons and equip burden, trying to see what works best DPS-wise whilst maintaining max mobility, which is definitely my preferred play-style. For now the trusty Katana is working wonders, especially now i have the Ki Pulse timing down.

Cracking game and only a few hours in.  :D

*edit* Fashion Souls already complete: i'm dressed in full-on Shinobi outfit. My Ninja build is officially underway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!