PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This game is terrific!
  • It's absolutely amazing. Any tips for the boss on the ship? I can get his ball and chains off but he's wiping the floor with me. Is level 9 too low to be attempting him?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    As with most of the bosses; low stance is the best bet. It may feel like you're doing piddly damage, but the quick attacks and superior evade/roll mean you're constantly dancing in & out of combat. Goes without saying that you really need to be on point with your Ki pulses because stamina management is paramount.

Just be patient. All the bosses i've beaten so far were about being keeping cool, hit & run, and not getting greedy. You can't brute force the situation, so over-levelling etc won't really help.
  • Ah okay cheers. I've tried low and high stance and I'm having far more luck with high stance oddly. One bit hit and then out. His second phase seems easier than his first tbh.

I'm loving this game.

A lot.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's always generally worth cleansing Yokai paddling pools when they pop up. They get unmanageable if you leave them. One quick attack in low stance is still enough with a pulse.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    What Curtis said. He is most punishable in second phase when he does his mad baby flailing arms belly flop attack. Use Living Weapon when he's at 20% health.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Like all good games of this ilk; there's no wrong way to go about it. See what works for you. 

Worth noting that spears are a fantastic choice for your secondary. Great poking range, good DPS, and you're always gonna level up Body for the HP bump, so you're basically getting the spear damage bonus for free. Makes sense, no?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah I'm rolling Spears and Hamaxes. Chucking into Spirit oh god I hope it's end game viable.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Spirit is a very wise investment.  

I cannot believe how many spirit animals there are. I already have a plethora of choices. The ironic thing is; the cutest likkle bunny-rabbit is actually the most ferocious!  default_lol.gif
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Managed to kill the Kappa in the caves which is something I couldn't do in the beta. Disappointingly dropped not much special.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's based on real ninja myth. Apparently cat's eyes dilate accutely better than ours to different levels of light so they would use them as rough clocks.

Probably not like that though.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hamaxes i've decided are quite boring. The early move list isn't anywhere near as fun as the other weapons.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sword 'n Spear are my go to weapons. Love the Spear medium and heavy combos.
  • Swords all the way fams. i just unlocked the switch position parry thing for it, came in handy flipping over people attacking me on the cliff edges to allow me to push them off. 

that said 2 handed low stance has gotten me out of plenty of trouble so far.

also, bats.

Ninja G had the best nunchakus i've ever seen in a game, but the chain thing is the closest we have here.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Nue is a pretty fun boss fight.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just did some co op with a stranger. Great fun, we farmed some reverends. A little more rewarding for the summoned than in souls too. Got some phat lewts.
  • This game is blissful. It's pretty darn perfect. The only niggle for me is there is a little too much loot management. Too much armour dropping I think.

I'm rocking Uchigatana and Spear although Spear does feel like easy mode.

ENB's blind play through is great.
  • How often are people getting one-hit killed, and how frustrating is it?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Loot isn't an issue for me Chalice, in fact I love it. But I've said it before I love loot games so I realise it's not for everyone. The familiarity / soul system ensures nothing goes to waste.

@Nick

There really haven't been any one-hit scenarios yet, but I'm only a few missions in (grinding side missions has become addictive) - you can get stun-locked if you happen across someone in low stance though but I've not felt hard done by yet. 

Not picked it up yet?
  • Went to the Game store on Saturday to get it, the one that gave me a nice trade in voucher the last time I was there to use the next time, yeah it had closed down. Went to CEX, didn't have it, so got Doom for now. I may as well wait for the inevitable 50% price drop now I've missed the launch hype.
  • playing last night i had a browse in the blacksmiths shop, I have no idea what half the things you can do are for... lots of options all available to baffle my tiny brain.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Refashion lets you copy the appearance of a weapon / item you like onto another without effecting stats. So you can indulge in Zoolander walkoffs without worrying over practicality.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @nick i've actually found it quite tame for the most part up to the 3rd mission. It's only big Yokai that will take half your health in a hit and they well telegraph.

You can actually block during combos i've found. Revenants do it anyway. The trade-off being you better have the ki to do it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Smang wrote:
    playing last night i had a browse in the blacksmiths shop, I have no idea what half the things you can do are for... lots of options all available to baffle my tiny brain.

Press triangle, the dialogue options let you go through what everything does. It's well worth a read, and even a re-read because a lot of it will come into play at later game.
  • yeah i saw that. just threw a ton of info at me :D

i'll have a closer look, but at the moment I don't think i particularly need to explore it fully.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Aside from the fashioning of armour to look like any set you've found (which is a glorious addition btw) I'm saving all the smithing stuff til later when the weapon drop stats hit a certain cap.

My advice is dismantle all your excess gear at the Smithy. Materials are gonna be much more desirable later on when you're crafting and reforging looking for that perfect roll.

Selling items for gold seems wasteful cause you get loads of cash just playing through the game. And offering for Amrita is really only viable for the first few soul levels, after that you get very little bang for your buck.

So yeah. Get into the habit of clearing your stockpile every few hours. Last thing you want is to hit the 500 item limit and be having to deal with that stat comparison headache.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    Aside from the fashioning of armour to look like any set you've found (which is a glorious addition btw) I'm saving all the smithing stuff til later when the weapon drop stats hit a certain cap. My advice is dismantle all your excess gear at the Smithy. Materials are gonna be much more desirable later on when you're crafting and reforging looking for that perfect roll. Selling items for gold seems wasteful cause you get loads of cash just playing through the game. And offering for Amrita is really only viable for the first few soul levels, after that you get very little bang for your buck. So yeah. Get into the habit of clearing your stockpile every few hours. Last thing you want is to hit the 500 item limit and be having to deal with that stat comparison headache.

Yup, the only aside is if you raise your weapon familiarity to max you get substantially more Amrita for an offering. Rule of thumb in loot 'em ups though is always dismantle and save mats for end-game or later in the day.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!