Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • Webbins wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Paltrow's head? That's in the other box...

MGd0qvI.jpg

Bastard.

Very nice.

@webbins, interesting collection. None that appeal to me personally but thats what i love about sneakers. So many different types and forms to appeal to a wide range of people. Going by your collection mine would probably make you barf.
  • These are indeed very nice
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Alright, I have nothing better to do on Friday evenings so here is Roujin's Crep Tour 2020. In interesting contrast to Webbins, I think you might find. 

Let's start off nice and easy with some classic Nike action. Here is the classic all white AF1, except this is the Ultraforce version, so all the edges are rolled with hidden seams and the sole is phylon instead of the normal rubber, so they weigh nothing compared to regular forces and are reet comfy when you're knocking about trying not to get grass stains on them. Adjacent are a pair of AF2 "The Escape" which I wear a lot and live outside the box by the front door and also have little Jonesy lace tags on them courtesy of Shabby from last year's Secret Santa. 
    qzlvptp.jpg

Some more Nike runners, of the less normal variety. We have on the left an Air Sock Racer which are pretty comfy and extremely decent in any kind of hot weather and then to the right, the only pair of trainers to this day, that have ever netted me a compliment in public, the Grandstand II Strawberries and Cream, one part Wimbledon, one part Wu Tang, 100% certified not that comfortable for all day wear tbh. Another fine shoe for the summer. 
    v7nx0rl.jpg

You should know that my one and love in trainer town are sick ass hi tops for days, all over the place, gimme those big fucking trainers. Here we have IMHO 2 massively underrated classics, on the right, the model responsible for a teenage me actually getting interested in trainers the Air More Uptempo, at the time the first nike model to have a full single air unit running the length of the shoe and the frankly ridiculous AIR up the sides blew my 14-15 year old mind at the time. On the left is the Jordan 3 in the "Chlorophyll" colourway, which extremely understated and were my current work shoe, prior to lockdown.
    kViFmyx.jpg

Leaving Nike town with a bang, needing no introduction, a pair of Converse Craters which I got because I knew I had no chance at getting the Jordan 1 Crater at the time, except randomly a couple of weeks ago Foot Patrol somehow randomly restocked a few sizes and I was lucky enough to snap them up. I am a big fan of J1s but they are not great to wear for long periods of time because they're a 35 year old shoe which Nike refuse to update properly with new tech. The craters are one of only 3 versions (the other two being absolutely revolting colours) which Nike bothered to put a zoom air unit into rendering them actually bearable for extended wear. 
    DNC1ebD.jpg

Here are a pair of Puma x Helly Hansen LQD Cells which are fucking nice imo, I enjoy the very HH colours and that extremely rough suede. They weigh one metric tonne, but half of that weight is in the very comfy sole and cushioning so it's actually alright. My only pair of Pumas, I would have liked to get a pair of the original Thunder Spectras but they sold out super quick and at some point I'd like a pair of the Clyde Court hi tops if they appear in a colour I like on sale somewhere. Sorry Puma, I do enjoy a lot of your work from afar, promise. 
    Xa6MsB9.jpg

Alright time for some love hate with the Reeboks. The shoe on the left, the Instapump Fury Boost, is without doubt one of the most slept on shoes of the last few years, take the pump fury, aka one of the best looking trainers of all time, and replace the sole with boost, you god damn better believe these are some of the comfiest shits I ever put on my feet, ever. In the middle, my most hated shoe of all time, another pump fury! The pump fury road is hot garbage, the sole has like no cushioning in, it's just a big heavy lump of uncomfortable extremely dense rubber or something. Fuck that shoe, it's staying in the box forever, I hate it. Finally on the right it's ya boy, the Blacktop Battleground Aztec, aka the White Men Can't Jump. I'm not sure how they got that name, I don't think this shoe actually appears in the film, it's a different version of the pump. Many people hate the shit out of these, but they are one of my favourite pairs ever, they have all the big shoe energy I reminisce about from my youth. 
    cZ57gy5.jpg

Onto Adidas, blam it's the Skywalker Hi Tops, that don't even come in a box, I guess because they wanted to copy the action figures, as you can see at some point I cracked the corner of the plastic because it's old and brittle now and fuck you for that one Adidas. Bonus Jones oh and the front of the toe box is white suede, I kid you not, good luck to me ever keeping these properly clean. 
    rvSyrK0.jpg

More adidas hi top action, on the right, my extremely well worn pair of Tubular Dooms, I love these, the sole looks rad, the prime knit on these is insanely durable and has managed to outlast every other prime knight pair of Adidas I had over the last couple of years as work trainers. On the left is the Eric Emanuel Crazy Boost You Wear. Again, many will hate on this shoe, but that burgundy nubuck and suede is a big chef's kiss from me. Also there's a ton of boost on these lads so they are mad comfy. 
    lrmJyey.jpg

Holding it down for the runners are a pair of NMD R2 Japan in lovely pink, and a pair of Busenitz Pure Boost crossover things, which have one of the coolest soles ever put onto a trainer, even if it's completely impractical and will wear out in extremely short order. It's just a mere lattice of gum and then a sea of exposed boost.
    bwoBEQ0.jpg

Okay it's the end of the tour, finishing up with the New Balances. I like NBs, they are generally really well made compared to comparable shoes from the usual suspects at similar price points. Going from left to right we have a pair of Made in UK 1500s which are probably the best quality shoe I own right now by a mile, these bastards are hand made in the little factory in Flimby, Cumbria and they fucking own, rock solid shoe, I love them. Then we have a 999 which is very much of the dad shoe aesthetic. Then a couple of recent aquisitions, an X90 that would have been nice to wear over summer were it not for covid and a pair of Arishis which are going to be great for not really going out that much in the upcoming inclement weather since they're gore tex on the uppers. 
    Nn3Z9cm.jpg

In conclusion, we can say that what I lack in taste, I make up for with my equal opportunities policy. If I were a rich man I would like to add a pair of Air Max 90 Bacons and maybe a pair of the Off White Prestos in black to the collection.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I know it's a low bar, but Rouj is currently winning the thread by a mile
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I nearly bought the Rebel addidas when they were released, I still like them.

I probably shouldn't have binned my near new Gremlins Reeboks. I bet they are worth something, the Gizmo fur ones not the butt ugly green ones.

Yup.
     I graciously accept this most back handed of compliments.

Edit: Also, fwiw shoes are definitely a horses for courses thing. For instance I wish to fuck I had Webbos Dunkles and some of his old Nike BB stuff is just super top nostalgia time classico to the max. Also I would take a pair of Nite Joggers so I could walk around the rough end of town and no one would say shit to me. 

LivDiv wrote:
    I nearly bought the Rebel addidas when they were released, I still like them. I probably shouldn't have binned my near new Gremlins Reeboks. I bet they are worth something, the Gizmo fur ones not the butt ugly green ones.
    Yeah I'd try not to think about that. It happens though, sometimes you get rid of a shoe and then live in regret forever. Even though they were beat to death I regret chucking my pair of Trons, unlike Webbo and occasionally I think "Hmmm maybe if I really gave them some TLC I could have given them a bit more life, or just had them okay to keep in the cupboard".
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah. I only paid £35 for them and got some lols while office working. Then wore them as slippers, they were size 12 so likely not as desirable anyway.
    I just wont look now.

Also the only pair of pumps I have had and I think all trainer fans should experience them.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Is there an easy way to look up old shoe designs? In my mind I had the best pair of adidas superstars when I high school but I might be completely wrong about that.

Have been looking back at some old photos, at I've concluded that I keep me shoes and clothes way too long. Some stuff I still wear I'm also wearing in photos from 10 years ago!
  • If it fits, is in a good state and you like it carry on.
    Fashion waste is a major issue. I live in basic staples now because they will get worn until worn out.
  • Just got these Sk8 Hi 2.0 MTE for walking the dog mind but they are practical.
    img_2255-edit-3.jpg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    If it fits, is in a good state and you like it carry on. Fashion waste is a major issue. I live in basic staples now because they will get worn until worn out.
    Shoes are probably the only thing I actually buy new on purpose. Most of my other clothing is either second hand, or are things that I expect / hope to wear for a long time, and most are made local.

I still need new shoes though, new luck with the converse crater yet and too lazy to look for anything else.
  • I'm finding shoes tougher to be fair.
    Prices have become silly and I dont buy into these recycled or vegan drives by the big boys.

I would rather have something that lasts but the quality is not aligned to the price on most occasions. Those ones I just posted have good reviews on durability but I will see. I'm hard on shoes anyway and now I walk the dog 5 miles a day I ask a lot.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm mostly buying in sales tbh now I think about it. There's a couple outlets here as well. The Converse Crater are above what I'd usually pay, but a comfortable Converse is something I'd like to experience once in my lifetime! (I've had plenty of Converse, but seeing Rouj praise these soles makes me curious).

The soles on those Vans look really grippy, like them.
  • I have a pair of those Chuck II things on their last legs.
    I think they only lasted one season and the fan boy nutters rejected them. They were super comfy, had a neoprene lining so were water proof. By far the best shoe I have had for general pavement dog walking all year round. Like I say they didnt cut the mustard with the collectors so didn't last.

Yeah the soles were what attracted me to those Vans. I like that style in general but a beefier sole is welcome. I will report back on fit next week and hardiness down the line.

They are supposed to be coated and waterproof as well. Vans claim they are snowproof but reviewers disagree, but for general wet weather walking they seem to get a thumbs up.
  • A pic I took earlier in the year, so doesn’t include the Nike Vapor 13 Club TF cheap footie kicks and my Air Jordan 5 Alternate Grape. I also missed off my tatty Air Zoom Breathe and Air Force 1s.... 93Gd71g.jpg

Nice line up, Mark. I like to think you've got them permanently on display like that! I shoulda plumped for some Huaraches last time round... next time.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Roujin wrote:
    I know it's a low bar, but Rouj is currently winning the thread by a mile
     I graciously accept this most back handed of compliments. Edit: Also, fwiw shoes are definitely a horses for courses thing. For instance I wish to fuck I had Webbos Dunkles and some of his old Nike BB stuff is just super top nostalgia time classico to the max. Also I would take a pair of Nite Joggers so I could walk around the rough end of town and no one would say shit to me. 
    LivDiv wrote:
    I nearly bought the Rebel addidas when they were released, I still like them. I probably shouldn't have binned my near new Gremlins Reeboks. I bet they are worth something, the Gizmo fur ones not the butt ugly green ones.
    Yeah I'd try not to think about that. It happens though, sometimes you get rid of a shoe and then live in regret forever. Even though they were beat to death I regret chucking my pair of Trons, unlike Webbo and occasionally I think "Hmmm maybe if I really gave them some TLC I could have given them a bit more life, or just had them okay to keep in the cupboard".

Great show and tell, Rouj. Good to see people's tastes laid out and how it shapes their crepollection. I can see how our styles differ but then also crosses over, much respect! The Skywalkers I like, any value attached to those?

We are all winners in this thread. There is no trainer war, to love kicks is to love life, I find more 'sole' in a nostalgic pair of AM90s than I could ever find in a lump of silicone... plus I has the Dunkles so y'know, get in line!
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • sb-air-max-stefan-janoski-2-skate-shoe-FXb3xP.jpg
    ...and with that onto pair #47. Just ordered these Air Max Stefan Janoski 2 courtesy of some extra 20% dizzle in the Nike sale. Nice shape, loving the camo weave and the max bubble. Should be a good option going into autumn.
  • That's nice.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Roujin@ loving the Adidas tubular dooms, NMD Japanese pink, Converse craters and the tan brown New Balances. Would deffo wear those trainers.

Will post mine later, will be a car crash of colour you have been warned.
  • Nice Janoskis there Webbo!

Not sure how i missed Opti's pic, but i love his collection, it's like all the greatest hits from Nike over the last 30 years. I think my faves are the Air Tech Challenge II in the top right of the pic, classic Agassi swag.

I agree with LivDiv on the Chuck II, i would have got a pair but Nike stopped making them because chuck fans are dummies who apparently don't want comfy or more practical updates to their shoes without changing how they look. Not much value on the Skywalkers, think they're worth about £250 dead stock or something, but mine are worn so, eh.
  • sneakers-nike-daybreak-type-black-menta-summit-white-anthracite-253074-674-3.jpg
    sneakers-nike-daybreak-type-black-menta-summit-white-anthracite-253074-674-1.jpg

sneakers-nike-daybreak-type-black-menta-summit-white-anthracite-253074-674-5.jpg

Consulted my global crep network this morning and have pair #48 winging their way to me from Italy. Nike Daybreak Type. Not massively fussed about boggo Daybreaks, Tailwind 79s scratch that retro Nike runner itch but I like this deconstructed variant. Got a decent discount to put them within impulse range. The rear end does it for me, some interest in that booty.
  • Those are nice, big fan of the turqoise details.

In other news, surprising no one, it's time for some space hippie dunks, which may or may not be as popular as other dunks, for some reason.  think they look pretty rad, I've been enjoying this line up so far. No release date, but I think they're only releasing through snkrs app/website, which means your chances of securing them on launch day are 0.0001%. 

nike-sb-dunk-low-crater-CT2224-001-5.jpg

Edit: Also being a dunk of the SB variety, they will at least be coming with the zoom cushioning instead of the regular dunks, partial comfy gang satisfaction.
  • Meh. They look like I had them on while I was decorating the house.
  • It's horses for courses for sure, opinions divided. They are very unassuming, which I think is cool for a dunk as these days they are usually only released in WOAH RADICAL DUDE colours. Definitely a big split online in terms of opinion.
  • They are lovely webbs, that splash of mint is working for me.

Aye, would wear the fuck outta those dunks but the END raffle didn't include 12s :(
  • I love SB Dunks. May actually try and get dem ones
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Apparently, according to a SneakerFiles.com YouTube video I’ve just watched, the Air Max 90 Infrared release date(s) have been announced!

October 22nd in Japan, and 9th November everywhere else.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I hope they do the reverse again this time. Could use a new pair of those.
  • g.man wrote:
    I hope they do the reverse again this time. Could use a new pair of those.

I’ve not seen or heard anything.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!