Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • If it's next week best bet is to get a Nike account and download the app, there's bits and pieces happening all week because it's air max day and stuff and they'll be pushing out notifications for stuff.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I did not get any FlyEase go. A sad five minutes being beaten by bots again.
  • I fucking forgot and then cursed loudly at lunch when I remembered, but yeah botted to fuck and already being listed with a markup on the usual places. Considering these were primarily part of the fly ease range, this is a shit look for Nike, almost no one who would have actually benefited from these shoes will have got them.

How hard is it to implement a system that asks a user a random basic question before checkout can complete, or to limit purchases to one per card or to just fucking allow orders and then produce that amount. It's nuts.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • The mark up some people are adding is fucking sickening.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Ooof! Next week could be expensive...
    U7qsNa4.png
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nice, but not OG Neon nice. :sadface:
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I like the multicoloured black 95’s which have just come out
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Roujin wrote:
    I fucking forgot and then cursed loudly at lunch when I remembered, but yeah botted to fuck and already being listed with a markup on the usual places. Considering these were primarily part of the fly ease range, this is a shit look for Nike, almost no one who would have actually benefited from these shoes will have got them.

How hard is it to implement a system that asks a user a random basic question before checkout can complete, or to limit purchases to one per card or to just fucking allow orders and then produce that amount. It's nuts.

I keep wondering what’s in it for Nike to keep sticking to this system. There must be something there? Big players they don’t want to upset? Artificial scarcity? Dunno but it makes no fucking sense to keep on pretending that this is not an issue.
  • I'm sure it's just the fact that it drives up interest and generates publicity for them, and they also don't give a shit who buys their stuff as long as it's sold.

Maybe they'll do something now that the exec previously in charge of overseeing stuff like the SNKRS app has gone. I don't imagine they're going to change a thing though unless their bottom line is being affected and right now that's only going to happen if one of the other brands starts churning out shoes people want and implements decent purchasing protection, and that won't happen because Adidas are determined to shit the bed every time they're onto something good and everyone else is too small.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Creates halo products, so people buy lower products
    Noone really thinks that the 40 quid CR7 boots they buy for their kids are the same as he wears do they??
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Well, the kids probably do?  To a certain age anyway.
  • Yeah it's absolutely about keeping brand cult alive, and the knock-on impact on everything else. It's pretty devious:

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/sneaker-resell-market/

Put simply, by expertly balancing limited supply and heightened demand Nike can have its cake and eat it. Producing a greater volume of shoes would discourage the 4% of customers who fuel the resell market, while raising prices would deter the other 96% from copping for themselves. By ensuring supply never quite meets demand, Nike creates a market that nets the resell community millions of dollars a year, while cultivating the sort of rabid following that keeps the Swoosh at the forefront of consumer culture - right up there with Apple and Starbucks. Not to mention allowing the brand to sell millions of 20-year-old sneakers a year without advertising, PR, discounts or sales.

It's fucking lame.
  • I quite like these Adidas shoes, but I've only worn Nike for about 20 years at this point:

jSCTFuX.jpg
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Inb4 Matty is hard into Saucony by the end of the year.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I quite like these Adidas shoes, but I've only worn Nike for about 20 years at this point:

On an entirely similar tip I might pick up these Forums, because apparently I can never have enough dirtywhite shoes (seriously I must have 10 pairs from various brands that do what this does, and yet)

DrWWWBQ.jpg
  • Forums are a really nice shoe and I'm surprised that with the Jordan 1 being as popular (and impossible to buy most of the time) as it is, that Adidas haven't tried pushing the Forum harder, it's a very similar type of shoe, people will argue that oh but it doesn't have the heritage of Jordan, but honestly, fuck off, it's 2021, most of the people buying Js today have no connection to Michael Jordan at all, they are literally buying the shoe because they are a classic design and because they're cool right now. No one gave a shit about Jordans in the late 90s or early 2000s, at least not in the way they do now.
  • Those Forums are nice man, like them a lot.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The ol' St. Paddies kicks turned up. Thanks Nike, now I get to wait until next fucking year to wear them unless I'm at a celtic match because you release them on the day instead of a week beforehand. 

Nice to have a pair of forces that aren't just the all whites, even if I literally can only wear these shits once a year. 

DlTwzSy0vUZk2n0OhgtmJspGfxPiewKoTKm_ipAoca4LP4sKY-bnddaMycdpfzBCGulHePsb0WHrojX9faEEXvnQX6uxElh1rc9jy--D9S77NpnG9jZh8l7Bk_a3YrY78a7ZjmRu1ZH4PkPUEyGXxPEJQP2M8Z7gnxjh5O48JiRP6Kp1wv2KpBzJBi2De1BAQnY4WR5ReiIRW_EFo2VS1HzG-cTBP-EvaRtp0vpxe1CBSPtdfrGT5plnoyrfiMyzIX0E7BFwVdax8997LCuXNHmbm1T-8-Kya5isAWGbHaQn6-6A2E83W6xQ-MR7LgCOl1VkFNY_iZi9qUTj9PiWpI835Ew2JtjWyq4QaAkyZI8ZGWhdhiAF9ciivaxptTeLI6VQEr9uzstUcG-hnWvSp-9eRd3sS9-I_p3CzQckj0CxX38YB5iwN7t5OyH9nGw16bXANbmOYTwYYkETD3NN1Zz4G46rl1ANAo5bF2nPZCRmq2kDcVLXleVjbo21BY0zZ5zDpthHO343uDrw3qPDpL8N5aK6ehMJ0PZCuGpy-3VbN7AghyZzZpLXr0v-U89PNlz-tKuaQ6miZTHxmAp7-SAxvLE7O-PISzxgdHDECIPj_hrVFYnT0iSqKGlirOHoWwmBI59QrKrvIlxfvxLU7V93gOnn_0HuxVajmoAf03qTt_IUEhdSutmeueJMyfMP3VgCZeROP7Q_449TlRI51Zl5UA=s969-no?authuser=0

Fingers crossed to the max next week that the bacons release outside the US and somehow I manage to get a pair.
  • They look pretty fresh, I'm sure you could find another Irish holiday you could celebrate by wearing them... St. Father Ted Day? I've got a thing for the Boston Celtics colours, Larry Bird vest and New Era cap in the wardrobe and I was toying with the AF1s but I snoozed and they went.

Up and at 'em tomorrow though, poised to cop those Kiss My Airs AM90s.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    release them on the day

Tops of the morning.
  • Roujin wrote:
    The ol' St. Paddies kicks turned up. Thanks Nike, now I get to wait until next fucking year to wear them unless I'm at a celtic match because you release them on the day instead of a week beforehand. 

Nice to have a pair of forces that aren't just the all whites, even if I literally can only wear these shits once a year. 

DlTwzSy0vUZk2n0OhgtmJspGfxPiewKoTKm_ipAoca4LP4sKY-bnddaMycdpfzBCGulHePsb0WHrojX9faEEXvnQX6uxElh1rc9jy--D9S77NpnG9jZh8l7Bk_a3YrY78a7ZjmRu1ZH4PkPUEyGXxPEJQP2M8Z7gnxjh5O48JiRP6Kp1wv2KpBzJBi2De1BAQnY4WR5ReiIRW_EFo2VS1HzG-cTBP-EvaRtp0vpxe1CBSPtdfrGT5plnoyrfiMyzIX0E7BFwVdax8997LCuXNHmbm1T-8-Kya5isAWGbHaQn6-6A2E83W6xQ-MR7LgCOl1VkFNY_iZi9qUTj9PiWpI835Ew2JtjWyq4QaAkyZI8ZGWhdhiAF9ciivaxptTeLI6VQEr9uzstUcG-hnWvSp-9eRd3sS9-I_p3CzQckj0CxX38YB5iwN7t5OyH9nGw16bXANbmOYTwYYkETD3NN1Zz4G46rl1ANAo5bF2nPZCRmq2kDcVLXleVjbo21BY0zZ5zDpthHO343uDrw3qPDpL8N5aK6ehMJ0PZCuGpy-3VbN7AghyZzZpLXr0v-U89PNlz-tKuaQ6miZTHxmAp7-SAxvLE7O-PISzxgdHDECIPj_hrVFYnT0iSqKGlirOHoWwmBI59QrKrvIlxfvxLU7V93gOnn_0HuxVajmoAf03qTt_IUEhdSutmeueJMyfMP3VgCZeROP7Q_449TlRI51Zl5UA=s969-no?authuser=0

Fingers crossed to the max next week that the bacons release outside the US and somehow I manage to get a pair.

They look a little busy for my taste.
  • Webbins wrote:
    air-max-90-shoe-HkN7Qw.jpg

Got em! Inadvertently thought I'd got two pairs as the queueing/cart experience was glitchy but it's all good.
  • Nice one!

@Lord_Griff yep, only going to be able to wear these with a plain outfit. Although I could probably go in for some green socks as well for the occasion.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    air-max-90-shoe-HkN7Qw.jpg
    Got em! Inadvertently thought I'd got two pairs as the queueing/cart experience was glitchy but it's all good.
    Nice one Webbles! I'm biting my lip and holding off on those, but I did manage to nab me a pair of these...
    g.man wrote:
    Ooof! Next week could be expensive... U7qsNa4.png
    Both are lovely, but I'm running out of space to keep all the damn things, so one pair will have to do.
  • I think I prefer the 95’s, just.

Well done to both of you though :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Heh, it's probably a bit daft considering I already have these...
    XZuGLXx.jpg

but fuck it! :D
  • Hah! I just found these in the shoebox pile of shame. Never worn. Think I'll bust 'em out today.
    gwytsVt.jpg
  • Pls pair with patented g.man trousers, I beg.
  • Heh. That might be a bit much, even for me.
    Fortunately I have the same combats in about half a dozen different colourways, so I'm thinking these ones today...
    ibbgLNn.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!