Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • This raffle to buy things seems kind of gross. Imagine waking up in the morning disappointed. :(
  • Don't worry you only have to wait up to 3 hours for your disappointment. Also as I said many times, do not get invested if it's a raffle or a limited release shoe, your chances of getting them are super slim, if you get them enjoy the win, if not, nothing of actual value has been lost.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It's tough though, these raffles drive the hype but they also drive the hope. I was genuinely buzzed to get the Radiant Red AMIIIs, and then bummed to miss out on two raffles for the Neon 95s.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I maintain my position that Nike should just release the limited stuff by pre-order instead and then just make that many units. Fuck resale it is nothing, get fucked making money by scalping shit with a machine.

The really galling shit is that now these fucking shoes end up on resale sites and there is so much of it that the trainers only go for a small amount over the initial sale price, like I saw the stussy huaraches on there the other day and they were like £135! Bastards.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Webbins wrote:
    It's tough though, these raffles drive the hype but they also drive the hope. I was genuinely buzzed to get the Radiant Red AMIIIs, and then bummed to miss out on two raffles for the Neon 95s.

The Radiant Red were still appearing on Footasylum months after release.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • The ones I got the other day are selling for £350+ on stockx. I paid £90
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Webbins wrote:
    It's tough though, these raffles drive the hype but they also drive the hope. I was genuinely buzzed to get the Radiant Red AMIIIs, and then bummed to miss out on two raffles for the Neon 95s.

The Radiant Red were still appearing on Footasylum months after release.

Aye, and they went up on Offspring for gr the same day, ridic.

Nike should do the responsible thing and curb the reselling, in whatever form that takes. They don't see the profit from it and it's not like they need the hype, it's Nike!

Feels like every day there's a raffle or a SNKRS launch, a Size?/END/Offspring raffle, there were even raffles on Size? that you paid to enter. Too many and you saturate the market, devaluing the reissues. I got the Infrareds, but there'll be a retro cut in a couple of years and another OG release in four.

MattyJ wrote:
    The ones I got the other day are selling for £350+ on stockx. I paid £90

That's comforting I guess, don't let it stop you wearing them.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I'm scared to wear them now!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Wear them sparingly, dry days... and buy some regular Dunks to wear in between!

waffle-racer-shoe-Dv7frw.jpg

Talking of resellers, I got these today new off ebay. Hardly a limited drop though, they've been hanging around for a while, wearing my other Waffles the other day got me looking. These were a bargain £30.
  • Nike should do the responsible thing

Dude...

I wear all my shoes to death. I get them because I like them and I don’t give a fuck about some other assholes shelf. I think the only way to care about the money game is if you’re actually making an industry of it.
  • Don't read too much into those six words, I'm talking about responsibility to their fans, true fans not resellers. Responsibility to those who can afford a pair of Huaraches or AMIIIs or Dunks or whatever at retail, but not at a reseller's inflated price who scoured the raffles, not for the love of the shoe, not for the love of an OG colourway, but to cream a profit.

• To whet your appetite for the 12th and to hopefully bring you some luck.

Roujin wrote:
    I saw the stussy huaraches on there the other day and they were like £135! Bastards.

They talk about the sizing, to go up half a size from your regular Nike fit. I think you said you've had Huaraches before so you probably know this. I didn't and it has been niggling me with the Stussys so I spent a little time in them around the house and wouldn't you know it prompted me to buy a pair of 9s off ebay... for £135. I figure I will get the same back for the 8.5s.
  • Good old WearTesters.

My last pair of Huaraches were true to size, but they were the run ultras and so they had a very flexible thin upper. But will probably follow the advice and go half size up on these as the upper is way more substantial.
  • I bought some silicon rubber oversocks for when I go out in the rain in summat nice. In the distant fucking future.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Good old WearTesters.

My last pair of Huaraches were true to size, but they were the run ultras and so they had a very flexible thin upper. But will probably follow the advice and go half size up on these as the upper is way more substantial.

I picked up a relatively cheap pair a few years back, 1/2 size smaller than my usual kicks, but they fit lovely.
  • Hmm. Well, ain't that the darndest thing. 

So, after the fuckery at End with the raffle being cancelled and the shoes just going on general sale, I occasionally check back from time to time, as End tend to either get additional stock, as happened with the Crater Jordan 1's and/or the returns and cancelled payment shoes end up back on the site. 

Lo and behold, please cross your fingers because look at that stock total warning. Oh and if you want them in a size 13 or 7.5 and smaller there are some listed on End right now in small amounts. 

tIkIUtG.png
  • Ooof, could probably get away with a 13, but not the price from her right now. Lovely guttys rouj well played.
  • Not out of the woods yet, need to get that order confirmed email first since this isn't through a raffle, I expect there may be other people who are trying to get them as well, so we'll see. If they come through, amazing, if not, see what happens with the OG colours on the 12th.
  • Fingers crossed for you :)
  • As good as on yer feet. Believe.
  • Thanks dudes, got an order confirmation email through, still not getting my hopes up until the dispatch and tracking email turns up!

In other news! On the same day next week as the OG Huaraches, there is also the return of the Presto in a v.nice tropical colourway ready for you to not be able to wear out anywhere this summer!
    air-presto-crimson-siren-red-release-date.jpg
    air-presto-crimson-siren-red-release-date.jpg

Never owned a pair of Prestos will get round to it some day if they come back and end up in the sales, especially as a fan of comfy shoes. 

In other news, I was looking at the upcoming releases on sole supplier, and listed on there is apparently the return of the Bacons for Air Max Day this year, which would be incredible, and also impossible for me to get hahahaha.
  • Nike have a Member’s sale. MARCH21 gives a further 20% off sale items.
  • O SHIT
  • Nothing for me... thankfully.
  • https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2021%2F03%2Fnike-air-max-90-bacon-cu1816-100-release-date-001.jpg?q=90&w=1400&cbr=1&fit=max
    :hot_face:
  • Webbins wrote:
    Nothing for me... thankfully.

Same :(
  • Also same, not much in there really, some okay stuff, but nothing I want to pay the sale plus extra off for either.
  • Shipping email received, it's happening!
  • Yay!
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!