God of War
  • Still wouldn’t trust the boy though.  He’s got the look.  Put him in a hoody and a pair of black Air max and I think you’re looking at graffitied bus shelters and kicked over daffodils.
  • PS5 Home Screen tells me I’m 80% of the way through. Almost 100% on crater area before I moved on. Whole game should be like that!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just another 25 hours to go elf, my man.
  • 15hrs more I reckon and it’ll be done.
  • Do you trust that ps Home Screen thing? It suggests I’m 40% through h:fw but maybe it’s only counting main story progression ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • It’s only main story progression. I think it says that when you hover over the icon.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Haven't bothered with the crater (yet), as keen to get the story finished before I head on hols next week.

On to the final chapter now.
    Spoiler:
    so hopefully getting there, though I think others have suggested still a couple of hours to go?

After hols, I guess I'll see if I have any inclination to touch off a few side quests before sending it on its key way to @moot_geeza...
  • Do the crater! It’s better than the rest of the game put together.
  • I'm not even remotely up for it any more, pass on to another badger if there's interest. Really enjoyed the 2018 game but there's plenty of stuff I want to play more than this sitting on my shelf/gamepass/digital libraries already.
  • I keep forgetting that the PS5 can take discs and then I realise you’ve all bought the wrong one.
  • Nope.gif.

I'd be stuck with a £70 game I don't fancy playing if I'd gone for the numptybox.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm not even remotely up for it any more, pass on to another badger if there's interest. Really enjoyed the 2018 game but there's plenty of stuff I want to play more than this sitting on my shelf/gamepass/digital libraries already.

I’ve a high tolerance for quality walk and talk sections - hello RDR2 and any Naughty Dog stuff - but this title takes the fucking biscuit, dunks it in the tea for far too long and then makes you drink the sickly sweet slop from the bottom of the cup. There’s a bit near the end when it’s really ramping up, the game is playing a strong game, there’s a big plot point, we’re all angry, we need some vengeance, we agree on a WAR, we’re here, it’s kicking off. Now, walk out of this door and go back to the very first area, walk all the way through this area, sit down with the person you’ve walked all this way with and have a natter that could have happened either back at the house or at any point on this shitty walk. Once you’ve had a chinwag for all of 90 seconds get back up and retrace your steps, back to the place you initially fucking left and confirm that yes you’ll be having a war.

Obscene waste of the players time and not something I could see Moot tolerating. BUT by the time you get to Ragnorok your move set is just so wonderful and it just plays so well that it feels like it leaves a better memory than it deserves.

• I still don’t understand why my angry but thawing axe dad has forgotten all the moves and armour and abilities he learned in the first game and we have to start all over again. For something that takes itself so fucking seriously, it’s a massive fucking black hole of not making sense.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    He starts with the blades as well as the axes, doesn't he? And you don't start the first game with them?
    Spoiler:

I'm not gonna overly defend it tho - it very much knows it's a game, and doesn't particularly hide from that I don't think
  • Sorry, I was meaning the expanded move set that I learnt throughout the first game. He seems to have completely forgotten how to do these actions and has to-buy them throughout the upgrade trees. I appreciate we need a feeling of progression through the game but for something that takes itself so seriously it just seems an odd thing to not even acknowledge. I’m so frustrated with the pacing and overall design of the game as the battling is just about the sweetest about. The core gameplay is just so so so sweet but it’s almost ruined by ridiculous design choices for the first half. Ngl though, I was itching for battle by the end. There’s still a great game here BUT…
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I got what you meant, was just saying there's similar stuff that was there, and agree it's an omission - but I guess I didn't really care about it, cos no sequel starts you as op as you ended the game before, hard to further progress from there... Yeah they could have dressed it up but folk would probably have complained about that too :P
  • They should have got Superman to kiss him. Would've explained the memory loss perfectly.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Got (presumed) end boss half dead, but had to pause and go back to work nnnggg. Hopefully sewn up this evening...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I do like that
    Spoiler:

Would be one way to do easy mode, @FromSoft
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    There's ya credits. And then ya proper credits.

Seems a chunk more has now opened up. Might have a wee poke about, and I guess that crater needs a visit, but yeah kinda about dinner with it really. A solid [8] for me, occasionally a [9] for the pure production values etc - looks absolutely stunning throughout, from top to bottom, and just a rock solid play through. Have saved at the crater, so that'll I guess be my next and final bit.

People giving [6] or [7] seen pretty harsh, even if the pacing isn't always spot on...
  • 6 is harsh. Solid 7 seems fine. So far for me anyway but it’s leaning into an 8.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It really is the pacing that lets it down. That middle slog was enough for me to put it down for a good while. Glad I came back but it makes you work for that ending.
  • It’s a 7 but when the back third is an easy 9 it shows how much the first two thirds drag it all down and I stand by my views on the absolutely atrocious nature of the cut scenes. Awful dialogue, terrible delivery (at times) and terrible stage direction. Plus a game that puts a massive muscle man in even more massive armour culled from a dragon can’t then try to deliver oh so serious quiet sections on family, grief, letting go and loss.
    So great at the end but just so disappointing as a whole, especially after that first one.
  • Fully expecting an offshoot of the boy on his adventures btw.
  • It's that frustration of knowing you've got a good game, but if it trimmed out 30-40% of everything, it would be a better one.
  • I upgraded a whole load of shit and made myself more badass and doing trials and challenges and this is more like it.  Putting off main quest until I've done more of this.  Main quest, I just got
    Spoiler:
  • JonB wrote:
    It's that frustration of knowing you've got a good game, but if it trimmed out 30-40% of everything, it would be a better one.

Or it would’ve been criticised for being incomplete and when the third part came out, people would’ve said it should have been DLC, because it wasn’t distinct enough.
  • It felt like two games slammed together, due to necessity, and the pacing felt all over the place to me.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Went to the crater. Insta cba. I'm done. Deleted, disc out, available for posting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!