Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    There's probably an hour or two where I popped to the kitchen to make a drink, but other than that there was no down time/naps during my 220 hours. I methodically searched every inch, or at least I thought I did, but I was still missing loads of seeds.

Seems incredible now that I played it for so long, but I'm looking forward to going back at some point.
  • Is there a date for the DLC ? Can't find any info anywhere
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Wow. Don’t think I’ll go past 200 hours. I want a full track of green on my map.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'll take all the spoilers in the world at this point in order not to sell the game and miss out on what everyone else has experienced!

x
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Is there a date for the DLC ? Can't find any info anywhere

November but no date yet.
  • Are there 2 dlc or 3? Really hope one of them has a new area or at least a huge dungeon or something.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Another hundred acres of forest with a shrine in it.
  • You have to play 25 hours of rubbish to get to the good bit. GotY!
  • I've been playing this for a few hours, no idea what I'm supposed to be doing but highlight so far has been doing a puzzle with 5 giant statues in a dessert while stripped down to links pants.
  • I need to go back to this. Haven't touched it since May, but I left it at the 4th DB. Will get back to it next month before the DLC.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'll take all the spoilers in the world at this point in order not to sell the game and miss out on what everyone else has experienced! x

Once you're off the Plateau, you can get most of the info you need from https://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/ with minimal spoilers. Use its legend to find stuff.

n0face wrote:
    I've been playing this for a few hours, no idea what I'm supposed to be doing but highlight so far has been doing a puzzle with 5 giant statues in a dessert while stripped down to links pants.

You've gone the wrong way! Which is actually the right way, because it's more fun, but you're in the same fearful minority as me for doing it. Head a bit north next, but mostly east.

Best dessert is Angel Delight, but don't buy more than two. If anyone needs money, see Pondo on YouTube, and remember to target him for positioning.
  • Finally off the Plateau. ONLY TOOK FIVE MONTHS!
  • At this rate I should complete it in about 6 years time.

x
  • i have this now. (32nd bday present woo)
    had to rearrange lounge just to find a place to plug wii u back in!
    my god wii u is loud
    and 'estimated time remaining' for this download is worse than windows estimated time!!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Finally off the Plateau. ONLY TOOK FIVE MONTHS!

Meanwhile, in Hyrule Castle, Ganon is thinking about having another nap.
    Djornson wrote:
    i have this now. (32nd bday present woo) had to rearrange lounge just to find a place to plug wii u back in! my god wii u is load and 'estimated time remaining' for this download is worse than windows estimated time!!

I forgot this was also on Wii U! I originally wanted it for the Wii U, to give the old girl a good send off.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • 4th DB down.

Felt really easy, it was the North East one. I know you can attack these in whatever order you want but it makes me wonder if any are easier than the others. 

I'm more powerful now than at the beginning which goes some way to explaining my ease with the fight
    Spoiler:
    but even from a puzzle perspective this one felt like the easiest yet.

Maybe its because none of them throw anything new at you.
    Spoiler:
    which I'm well trained in by now.

One thing I keep meaning to ask here is when you finish a DB it says if you proceed you won't be able to come back to mop up chests etc. How do you know if you've got them all? I'm saved at that point for now so would like to know before proceeding, despite possibly missing chests in the previous three.

I was planning on completing this before Mario comes out but I'm not gonna bother now. There's so much to it it just doesn't feel like a game that should be rushed and shelved. It'll be a nice game to return to every couple of months for side stuff and a bit of sightseeing. Afterall this is a Nintendo console, things might be rosy now but there will be software lulls.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm up to four beasties now, SW felt trickier than the rest by far.  Eye of the Yiger bit took this fool a few goes too.  

Also did 

Spoiler:
    is 300 rupees all you get for that, or did I miss the main reward?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm up to four beasties now, SW felt trickier than the rest by far.  Eye of the Yiger bit took this fool a few goes too.   Also did 
    Spoiler:
    is 300 rupees all you get for that, or did I miss the main reward?

That's pretty much it, other than a sense of achievement I guess.  There is one other benefit though...
    Spoiler:
  • What's this island? A side quest mission?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It probably counts as a side quest.  
    Spoiler:
  • Cool.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I glided, but I think you need all the staminas for that.
  • Same.

Retro, I wouldn't worry about missing any chests from the DB's, none of them have anything worth bothering with. As with most chests in the game, the contents are always a disappointment. It's a bit of an issue with the game IMO.
  • Cool, I found that to tbh.

Although I wouldn't mind some Rupees, they're hard to come across and I haven't found an easy source of farming yet.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • ...and I haven't found an easy source of farming yet.

Best farming method apparently. Wish I knew it before I went the mining gems route for the last fairy.

• What can you spend money on in this, out of interest?  I seem to have about 1500 rupees at all times, give or take, and I've only really bought armour when I've had to (part of the heat resistant set), and arrows whenever I can.  Luminous gems seem to be a good source of income as they're worth 70ish each and seem to respawn quite regularly.
  • Also, I spotted a glowing mountaintop yesterday, so I spent ages climbing it in the rain.  Lo and behold!  A clearing full of
    Spoiler:
  • Ha! I
    Spoiler:
  • Haha, in that case I'm glad I fell before the first hurdle.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!