The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wild West
  • Down with that sort of thing.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • A bit of fun cross over would be to reference something from the other game. That mission is basically advertising.
  • AJ wrote:
    A bit of fun cross over would be to reference something from the other game. That mission is basically advertising.

Exctamundo.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • It's actually tempting to buy the DLC to get the motorbike just because there's so much fucking trekking about in this.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    There's a motorbike?!

I bought the DLC and sold my Switch before it was released. I'm looking forward to playing the whole thing again (full seed run...), the DLC is all integrated into the game, right, not selected at the main menu, or something?
  • Yup, it's called the "Master Cycle Zero" and looks stupid. But it's got to beat all this tedious schlepping about. (Yes, I realise I'll probably get a horse, soon)

prIKGSv.jpg?1
  • Has anyone mentioned how Link looks a little, I dunno, retarded, maybe? on the EU cover art? They really should have used the US one over here, too; it's so much better.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    There's a motorbike?! I bought the DLC and sold my Switch before it was released. I'm looking forward to playing the whole thing again (full seed run...), the DLC is all integrated into the game, right, not selected at the main menu, or something?

The DLC is integrated into the game, though you have to get a pretty substantial way through the game before you can unlock it.
    Spoiler:
    Which means that you can only get the motorbike once you no longer have any need for a motorbike.  (Though it is fun just whizzing around Hyrule on it.)  It also means that you end up just doing all the DLC as its own entity, rather than stumbling upon it as you explore, which sort of undermines the game as a whole.

I enjoyed the DLC more than most I think - it has some of the best shrines on the game - but it's definitely a little underwhelming.
  • Hahaha...

I've just got the climber's bandanna (thank fuck) and it properly makes Link look like a girl!
  • AJ wrote:
    Hahaha... I've just got the climber's bandanna (thank fuck) and it properly makes Link look like a girl!

That's one of the less ridiculous outfits.
    Spoiler:
  • Don't be giving me spoilers on funny stuff when I've just started. I'm not reading that.
  • If you've found the bandana you're within spitting distance of your first horse iirc.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Tin said ‘And there's one that makes him look considerably more like a girl‘.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yeah, that doesn't seem worth a spoiler.

I have a horse now, it is a bastard to control.

I'm also fed up with being asked which power up I want.
  • How do I tell what's useful and what can be sold for money? I need to buy things.
  • As a rule of thumb, anything that can be sold for a decent amount of money is useful.
  • So it's a case of collecting and selling shit or finding money elsewhere. Fair enough.
  • The horse is a bastard to control? BotW has the best most convincing horses in any game ever made.

Would you like it to control like a go cart instead of a horse?

You're just complaining for the sake of it now, or else you'd have stopped playing.
  • Stuff to sell:

If you have clothing that bestows a certain ability than you can usually safely get rid of any food/potions that bestow the same effect.
    Remember that meals are worth more than ingredients.  So if you're going to sell food, especially if it's high value, make it into a dish first.  (Ideally using 5 items.) 

But, yeah, generally if it's hard to get, it's worth keeping until you know what it's for.  Though you can always get more of whatever it is by going back to where you found it after a blood moon.
  • I've always complained for the sake of it, but feel my complaints are always sound.

The issue I have with the horses is that they continue to act wild after I've registered them. I carry more than is physically possible without even bugging pockets, I pause to stuff my face in the middle of a fight because eating magically heals me, I climb pretty much anything like fucking Spider-Man; there's no need to make things realistic that don't add to the game and the horse occasionally veering off course because I haven't petted it or given it enough apples doesn't add anything as far as I can see.
  • Thanks, Tin. Might cook up some things in order to buy a better top, then.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    My first blood moon
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah, I just had one of them.

Even without the wildness, these aren't good horses. They won't jump a tiny drop and they stop dead if they hit a wall, rather than adjusting their angle. Sorry, but Agro is far superior to these.
  • Lol. You're tripping balls man.
  • Anyway, do I need stamina for anything except the climbing, or can I just pile all my spirit orbs into hearts. The climbing's annoying so can get to fuck off it's not entirely essential anywhere.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    horses are for amateurs, glide and/or run. away with yas
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Also you can gimp the climbing on most angles to the point were stamina is irrelevant
  • Running is slow as fuck and you have to cover irritatingly huge distances, unfortunately horses seem necessary.
  • I think I used the horse for all of 10mins.

Fuck knows where I left it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!