The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wild West
  • I think I used the horse for all of 10mins.

Fuck knows where I left it.

It shows it on the map. I've just had to go back to Kakariko because I left mine behind.
  • I probably spent a maximum of 25 minutes on horseback.  My travelling time was mainly spent sprinting/gliding to towers so I could fast travel everywhere.  Spending a couple of hours unlocking a wide smattering of those is worthwhile if you don't reckon the wandering's worth the aggro.
  • Barely used horses the whole time. 180 hours. Where in the fuck are you trying to get to in such a hurry AJ? It's the kind of game that distracts you with magic every few metres. You're clearly not keen on what it offers.

The whole world just got itself in a damn hurry.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I probably spent a maximum of 25 minutes on horseback.  My travelling time was mainly spent sprinting/gliding to towers so I could fast travel everywhere.  Spending a couple of hours unlocking a wide smattering of those is worthwhile if you don't reckon the wandering's worth the aggro.

I'm unlocking every day travel thing I can see, I still seen to have a lot of walking to do.

On a more positive note, Kakariko is good. Best thing outside the shrines, so far.
  • Yeah the don't know where I left it was basically I don't care where I left it.

When I did briefly use it I was getting off it so often I felt it was quicker to just run.

When it came to long distances I found myself fast travelling with the towers.

The horse just felt redundant to me.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Climbing a mountain and gliding is a wonderful feeling
  • The whole world just got itself in a damn hurry.

You're starting to sound like a cross between Brooks and Escape.
  • If you're playing this game to get to some kind of end game or point where you become all powerful, you're playing the wrong game. It's about the journey. It's about just playing.
  • Barely used horses the whole time. 180 hours. Where in the fuck are you trying to get to in such a hurry AJ? It's the kind of game that distracts you with magic every few metres. You're clearly not keen on what it offers.

The whole world just got itself in a damn hurry.

Anywhere I've had to go, really. Latest pre horse was second tower to the stables. Stables to Kakariko would have been annoying without the horse, too. The world just isn't pretty enough or the movement fun enough to want to spend the time it takes to get between things. I happen upon these distractions, but most don't seem worth making the walk longer for.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Climbing a mountain and gliding is a wonderful feeling

Wrong thread lad.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • If you're playing this game to get to some kind of end game or point where you become all powerful, you're playing the wrong game. It's about the journey. It's about just playing.

I'm playing to have fun. Holding up while blurry textures scroll past, while I wait patiently for something nice to look at or do to arrive, isn't my idea of fun.

There are good bits in-between, but there's been too much walking so far.
  • Seriously. Find something else to play. It’s obviously and very clearly not the game for you.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Not sure what the fuck you expected like. An open world exploration game generally involves some walking about and, ya know, exploration.
  • I complain more than the amount of irritation I experience from it deserves, I'm just spurred on by the fact that every time I bring up a gripe with it people tell me I'm wrong to find it an issue.
  • Your not wrong to have an issue with anything in it, but we're all getting the impression it's not for you and suggesting you call it quits and have more fun elsewhere.

Gaming time is short as an adult, don't waste it forcing yourself to play something you feel you have to but aren't enjoying.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Not sure what the fuck you expected like. An open world exploration game generally involves some walking about and, ya know, exploration.

I expected the walking about to be better because it's Nintendo and they generally make things fun. Main routes in Skyrim, for example have been designed so you're constantly coming upon beautiful vistas. Journey not only looks pretty most of the time but also manages to make the movement itself enjoyable.

Like I said (well, implied), it's not a bad game in any way, I've just yet to see anything much that deserves the praise people heap on it.
  • Your not wrong to have an issue with anything in it, but we're all getting the impression it's not for you and suggesting you call it quits and have more fun elsewhere. Gaming time is short as an adult, don't waste it forcing yourself to play something you feel you have to but aren't enjoying.

I'm both on holiday and ill, I've got plenty of time to spend on this, in case my feelings toward it improve. If I'm still not enjoying it in a couple of days, I'll most certainly give up.

Also, you forget I just like moaning about shit.
  • Diarrhoea and constipation are definitely worth moaning about.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Not at all. You're griping because you know you'll get a reaction on here (believe me, I know) and it's not quite the game you hoped it would be. A game that's touted as one of the best games of all time is sure to get some venom. It's a safe bet.

I have many issues with the game myself, but your complaints smack of a blindness to what Nintendo have tried to encompass with the game. Sorry bud.
  • AJ wrote:
    Also, you forget I just like moaning about shit.

Fair play, nowt wrong with a good moan. I hope you warm to the game over time.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Not at all. You're griping because you know you'll get a reaction on here (believe me, I know) and it's not quite the game you hoped it would be. A game that's touted as one of the best games of all time is sure to get some venom. It's a safe bet.

I have many issues with the game myself, but your complaints smack of a blindness to what Nintendo have tried to encompass with the game. Sorry bud.

To be honest, I couldn't give a shit if I get a reaction; I post more to let out (admittedly small amounts of) frustration. I initially thought people would see them in the vaguely humorous nature they were intended.

I understand what Nintendo have tried to accomplish with the game, now I'm playing it, I just don't agree with some of it or how they've gone about it.

Anyway, I have to take my shopping list and get to the supermarket before it shuts.
  • Print it out and sellotape it to your phone, as discussed.  Take a spare hammer.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I feel you AJ, I bounced off the game too and got a similar reaction when discussing its shortcomings. I stuck with it for a while hoping it would get interesting. It didn’t.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm all for the moaning, they seem like legitimate gripes to me. Moan away. It's only when it gets to Chalice levels that it can get a bit much.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Incidentally, Chalice’s description of magic every few metres made me chuckle. Every few metres I just found another tree.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes, but you have no soul
  • My criticism of your criticism is just cos I don’t see it. None of that stuff got even close to bothering me, the game just works for me.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yes, but you have no soul

True, but I did get my excellent punning skills in return.
  • Yeah but DS has excellent pruning skills so there.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!