Head. Out. Your. Arse.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’re being indoctrinated and you can’t even see it. Wake the fuck up, man.
  • Have you got anything close to argument knocking around or is it all just insult based?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This bollocks isn’t worthy of an argument, just derision. Fucking “black terminator” or whatever the fuck it was indeed.
  • Who am I being indoctrinated by exactly?

My views on Coates are largely informed by several hours of conversation between Lowry and WcWhoter who would agree with everything I just said.

You go listen to who they are and what they have to say about Costes and his politics. If you think there is even a shred of racism in anything they have to say, and if you think it's acceptable to so easily sling mud around like you just have at me, then you are the problem.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have no fucking clue who those people are and I don't really care. You are sounding more and more like an alt-rightest every passing day. Step back from the Internet rabbit holes that you're falling down, for the love of god.
  • https://quillette.com/2018/05/14/the-racism-treadmill/

Coleman who?
    They have a name for black people like that Hughes guy in the netherands. 'Excuus neger' ie token-negro. White people hire people like that (non-white) to appear non-racist. For example the token black guy in a tv soap with a pre-dominantly white cast.

The arguments in his article are paperthin and weak, regardless the author and his color. Black females perform better than black males academically? Females in general (especially in migrant groups) perform better than males academically. Regardless of race. So what of it?
    To me it says people treat each other differently based on race AND on gender. Or that women might be possibly smarter than men. Maybe.

Less black people are getting lynched today so that's a decrease in racism? Really? I guess that's progress yeah but....a decrease in racism? Sure.

And comparing other ethnic groups to the history of African Americans is just retardedly naive. African Americans after being taken had to literally build their language, culture and identity from the ground up because it was effectively erased by slaveholders. It was beaten out of them because speaking in their mother tongue was forbidden. Jewish people may have been slaves but their identity was not erased. Neither the case for asian-american people for that matter. Or the French. Or the Polish. Or....you get the point.

I could go on punching holes but that would be giving quilette too much respect. A respect they do not deserve.

As for identity politics: they're a necessary evil because of human nature. Humans judge each other constantly especially when they say they don't (hello Facebook and Instagram!). Judging each other by appearance and thus by extension race is baked into our culture. Denying this would be lying to ourselves. Thus racism is ingrained in our fallible nature.

You (Jrpc) may not like above observation but ignoring it won't help society progress. Adhering to conservatism in general certainly won't as that system is designed to uphold the status quo. Being pro business is great and all but conservatism is also about the dominant ethnic group (in this case: white) staying on top as the domineering social class. And thus, Trumpism and Brexit were born.

That's my ramble for now.
    Fucking heat.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • hunk wrote:
    You (Jrpc) may not like above observation but ignoring it won't help society progress. Adhering to conservatism in general certainly won't as that system is designed to uphold the status quo. Being pro business is great and all but conservatism is also about the dominant ethnic group (in this case: white) staying on top as the domineering social class. And thus, Trumpism and Brexit were born. That's my ramble for now. Fucking heat.

I mean, I’d agree with that. Why on earth do you think my views would be mainly conservative?  I think it’s pretty ridiculous that I feel compelled to even say this, but I will come out on the left of pretty much every issue you want to talk about.

But when we’re talking about specific ideas and answers to particular problems, if an idea is good and if it actually helps people, I’ll be in favour of that idea. I couldn’t give a damn which end of the political spectrum it comes from.

And this is why ID is so very toxic. If you tether yourself to a particular ideology, whether it’s political or religious or whatever, it commits you to ignoring certain facts when they come up in opposition to it (or attacking those who present them).

In retrospect it was a mistake on my part to post something in the race thread after went down in Ethics. That was a misjudgment. But the degree of intolerance to someone else’s views here, where the jump to branding someone as a racist could be made so easily, I think is truly shameful (and Yoss is certainly not the only offender here).

This is just a different brand of bigotry and it just has  to stop.
  • JRPC wrote:
    I mean, I’d agree with that. Why on earth do you think my views would be mainly conservative? I think it’s pretty ridiculous that I feel compelled to even say this, but I will come out on the left of pretty much every issue you want to talk about.

Just who are you trying to fool here Jrpc?
    Stop insulting my intelligence and fuck off to an alt right website. Doubly so if you're distributing blue/red matrix pills. Not interested in your wares. You sound like a desperate Jehova's witness ffs.
  • JRPC wrote:
    And this is why ID is so very toxic. If you tether yourself to a particular ideology, whether it’s political or religious or whatever, it commits you to ignoring certain facts when they come up in opposition to it (or attacking those who present them).
    The irony. The articles you've linked to are, according to you, 'challenging' and contain an 'extremely well written and structured argument', yet they can be easily picked apart with a moment's thought. The only way you can maintain your position is by ignoring these counter arguments. All it takes is for someone to wave a statistic in front of you that confirms your bias and you're locked into your position no matter what.
    JRPC wrote:
    I’m not sure what the hell I was thinking last night when I thought I could simply post something in the race thread after went down in Ethics. That was a mistake. But the degree of intolerance to someone else’s views here, where the jump to branding someone as a racist could be made so easily, I think is truly shameful (and Yoss is certainly not the only offender here). This is just a different brand of bigotry  and it   just   has   to stop.
    The last thing I want round here at the moment is more friction, considering what's happened recently, but what you're doing here is frankly fucking vile. You've linked to articles that are nothing more than thinly veiled racism, and seem to think that's just fine. It's your prerogative to do it, but no fucking way should you get an easy ride over it.
  • Ban the fucker, he deserves it more than Gonz.
    Imo.
  • Can I offer a jokey gif at this testing time?
  • 2018: The Summer Of Love.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't think you're a racist, I think you're an idiot. You've fallen down some rabbit hole and now any counter argument is just ignored or written off as bigotry. You may not consider yourself alt right but that's what the bullshit you're peddling is.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Who am I being indoctrinated by exactly?
    These bullshit YouTube things and podcasts and quillette articles you keep consuming, but won’t give the time of day to anything from “the other side”.
    And where did you come across these links to this “young academic who’s a rising star because of his controversial views that black people suck”? Hmmm?
    JRPC wrote:
    My views on Coates are largely informed by several hours of conversation between Lowry and WcWhoter who would agree with everything I just said.
    So your views in Coates are entirely formed by what OTHER people have said about him?
    So your pattern is “I listened to some stuff I already agree with cos it was linked from the channels I agree with, now the onus is on everyone else to prove it wrong, but I won’t do any research or critical thinking for myself”.

Your mind isn’t open, it’s closed.
  • Kow wrote:
    I don't think you're a racist, I think you're an idiot. You've fallen down some rabbit hole and now any counter argument is just ignored or written off as bigotry. You may not consider yourself alt right but that's what the bullshit you're peddling is.

I don't think he's racist either. I do think he's trying to peddle his alt-rightian (or whatever) bs to unsuspecting forumites whom he believes to be hapless victims/lost souls.

Hate to disappoint but no, I do not need converting to jrpc's cause. He's a shit salesman anyways.
  • Racists start off as idiots, then entrench. He’s on the path, so give it a few years and he could end up there.
  • If I want alt right views I'll fuck off to 4chan. Or FB. Or Twitter. Or any other gaming forum for that matter.

If I want peace and quiet, intelligent conversation I chill at the BnB.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have to join the "jrpc seems to be spouting bollocks" camp. As before, people have engaged far more with his arguments (generally finding ready holes in them), than he has with theirs (barely responding at all).

Highly selective choice of sources throughout, and sources that themselves are highly selective. I have up at the point one article gave "black unemployment was low in the 1890s" as proof that statistics get selectively chosen/ignored by the liberal left. Utter lack of context or consideration that wider factors are (quite rightly) taken into account.

When you've got this many people telling you you're wrong, you shouldn't assume you're right, but you should fucking well take a proper step back and objective view at things from outside all the bubbles you're currently in.
  • We can have a quiet chilled conversation about the erasure of the core problems suffered by black americans because to think their ID is anything to do with a century of systematic oppression is actually racist. Here’s an article by a young black college guy published in a website with a well known bias to prove it. Don’t bother arguing with it, these two guys I listen to talked about it in a video.

Nice and chill.

Every time you post this stuff, people read it and argue with it. You can’t even be bothered to interrogate arguments from people like Coates, instead you just let people with huge bias do the heavy lifting for you. Of course Coates is biased in many ways too, but at least we’re doing the intellectual legwork of reading counter narratives instead of just brazenly accepting what, uh, Joe Rogan has to say? Your inability to engage with people is ridiculous. I can even recall myself posting a Coates article a while back and specially asking for people to chat with me about it because I felt I didn’t agree with all of it even if the main thrust was compelling (The Firsr Black President).

You’re on some next level nonsense. The very idea that the effects of systemised oppression can in the current age just be ignored is one that comes from a position of great privilege, be it black or white. I mean fucking hell, there were episodes of the Fresh Prince about this, where Carlton and Will were admonished by his Uncle Phil for misunderstanding how they were in the position they were in, that what they had no was not due to a lack of the effects of latter day systemised oppression, but due to a consistent illumination of it and a hand constantly being offered downwards by others A cheesy 90s sitcom has its finger on the nation’s pulse better than this Hughes guy, who just drags up contextless stats to form the basis of his arguments, that surprise surprise align perfectly with the view of the people paying him. It’s all so depressingly transparent.

If you feel hounded off here, that’s a shame, but to ignore the fact that every time you post this stuff we go through the same cycles and to come out of that thinking that everyone else other than you is in the wrong is just absurd. You haven’t unlockef a secret truth of the world only carried by intellectuals with podcasts, you’re just an intellectual narcissist who refuses to engage in any kind of well meaning debate. Go and read some fucking Coates and at least start to interrogate what he thinks and what you think instead of just swallowing whole the pills checked at you by a self serving circle jerk of commentators who have nothing better to do than sit and confirm each other’s beliefs through “challenging arguments”. It’s a racket and you’ve fallen for it completely.
  • Facewon wrote:
    I might read some of it, but why would I choose it over Cornell West?

BTW, I can't be arsed this time, but this question was pointed in the sense that West disagrees with coates on lots of issues and substantially and has written why, without falling into any of the traps it appears mr undergrad has. Eg it's really easy to find arguments over the nuances of systemic racism without falling down a dumb hole.

Anyhoo.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Lol, of course he quotes stats from sowell.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • JRPC wrote:
    As for Coates, I’m not massively familiar with him really, but from what I’ve read of his and what I've heard other people say of him, the man is like the Terminator of black identity politics.

So, perhaps get familiar with him before you decide he is the Terminator of black identity politics, whatever that means?
  • I'LL BE BLACK.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Schwarzenegg me on.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Arnold Schwarzaniggah, Shirley? I'll get my coat and hood.
  • "The Terminator of black identity politics" is the best thing anyone will ever write on this forum. If that's what taking brain force does for your prose i might have to start taking it for MAXIMUM WOKE POSTING EX+ ALPHA TURBO.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Kow and g juat made me spew my sunday coffee. Well done boys.
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    "The Terminator of black identity politics" is the best thing anyone will ever write on this forum. If that's what taking brain force does for your prose i might have to start taking it for MAXIMUM WOKE POSTING EX+ ALPHA TURBO.

Get outta here soyboy cuck.

• *Returns to Cuckleshell Bay*
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!