Racist
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Could easily be Charles, Andrew, Anne or Edward (I genuinely had to google their names) or any of their spouses. I’d expect someone from that generation at least.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'd put Charles and Andrew well ahead with Edward well down the list.

I find it hard to believe they'd be stupid enough to bring it up themselves and not through an intermediary. But then arrogance.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Harry said it wasn't Liz or Phil. My money's on George.

Genuine lol
  • Accurate data is hard to find, but a news piece from 1992 reported that of the 891 staff employed by the royal household, only 10 of those were black or Asian, and none of them held a senior position.

Twenty five years later, and coincidentally around the time that Harry was dating Meghan and they were about to become engaged, it was then reported in the press that the Queen had appointed her first ever black equerry. This was the summer of 2017 and his name was Major Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankarah. Coincidentally, he then stepped down from the post three years later at the end of last year.
    And people are wondering who the secret racist at the palace might be?
    Fuck me sideways people. The entire clan and the household that supports them are institutionally racist.
    Fuck them all into the bin, and they can take the rancid tabloid media with them while their at it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have just read (over in the mental health thread) that Meghan was having serious issues and if that was either caused by the Royals' behaviour, or wasn't caused by them but was ignored, then there are serious questions to be answered.

I'll be the first to criticise her, and have done, but if she needed help and didn't get it then that is a source of national shame (let alone if the behaviour of the household and the press caused the problems).
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The Queen: Harry & Megan, sorry, but one cannot possibly provide you with a security detail after doing literally nothing to even try and stop the rampant tabloid bullshit being printed about you, because, reasons. 

The Queen: No, my son Andrew is not a nonce and also in unrelated matters he is not allowed to travel to the US to give evidence about his close personal friend, the child trafficker Jeffrey Epstein and you'll be hearing from his legal team in due course.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Accurate data is hard to find, but a news piece from 1992 reported that of the 891 staff employed by the royal household, only 10 of those were black or Asian, and none of them held a senior position.

Fucking hell.
  • Shouldn't come as any surprise. As a country of 80% honkys we just never noticed.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m not surprised they’re racist, I mean, it feels like Phil has spent most of his life on a racism world tour, but a 1% BAME representation in any workforce is pretty shocking.
  • This is where I want answers as to who the exact individual Harry pointed to is.
    How much power does that individual have.
    It makes a huge difference between reform and abolishment.

In general I dislike the making of strong allegations without naming names or incidents. Name a name, point a finger , let that person be answerable or equally defend themselves.
  • g.man wrote:
    Accurate data is hard to find, but a news piece from 1992 reported that of the 891 staff employed by the royal household, only 10 of those were black or Asian, and none of them held a senior position. Twenty five years later, and coincidentally around the time that Harry was dating Meghan and they were about to become engaged, it was then reported in the press that the Queen had appointed her first ever black equerry. This was the summer of 2017 and his name was Major Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankarah. Coincidentally, he then stepped down from the post three years later at the end of last year. And people are wondering who the secret racist at the palace might be? Fuck me sideways people. The entire clan and the household that supports them are institutionally racist. Fuck them all into the bin, and they can take the rancid tabloid media with them while their at it.

The missus woke up this morning and said roughly the same with less coherence (pre coffee) and even more swearing.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't know who's surprised that an outdated, inbred, imperialist institution isn't progressive and modern.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I don't know who's surprised that an outdated, inbred, imperialist institution isn't progressive and modern.

It's true, but even the most obvious axiom can benefit from reframing from time to time, if only for a different audience:

Aside from the obvious, as a bloke, I watched that interview wondering how Harry might take a piss, when it's clear he has to call his wife, when he needs his balls.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Balls arent really involved in the piss process.
  • Wtf
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He should have told her to man the fuck up and get back in the kitchen.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Balls arent really involved in the piss process.

I'd be shocked if they weren't there though.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Tbf to Harry though, his deeds mean more than his words here.
  • I don’t watch whatever the ITV breakfast show is called (GMTV?), but have just watched a clip of Piers Morgan storming off in a manbaby huff, because Alex Beresford (the weatherman, I believe) called him out on his treatment of Meghan.

Impressive stuff from Alex.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Consider the show as constructed as WWE.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Morgan is deliberately abrasive and contrarian to drive viewing figures. He's the real life equivalent of Facebook algorithms. Anger is a better driver of engagement than anything else.

He's also a massive cunt.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Prince Charles makes first royal engagement since the interview.
    And where does he go?

https://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/19146658.prince-charles-visits-jesus-house-meghan-harry-interview/

It's just like that episode of the Simpsons, where Mr Burns runs for office.
  • Remember that time he was sacked as editor of the Mirror for being strongly implicated in having some degree of oversight into the phone hacking of people to get information for stories, up to an including the voicemails of people who were dead. 

What a guy. Reduced to only being able to be a multi million pound earning slowly roasting bratwurst about to split it's casing on morning breakfast TV. What a fall from grace.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I fully expect this to be my favourite description of the day.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Remember that time he was sacked as editor of the Mirror for being strongly implicated in having some degree of oversight into the phone hacking of people to get information for stories, up to an including the voicemails of people who were dead.  What a guy. Reduced to only being able to be a multi million pound earning slowly roasting bratwurst about to split it's casing on morning breakfast TV. What a fall from grace.

We should be grateful. It's kept him out of politics.
    Boris is the other side of that coin, and look at how that's played out.

We should have just laughed at his jokes on HIgNfy, all those years ago.

Perhaps then, he'd end up as some kind of celebrity historian, like Portillo and Balls, and occasionally replace his sister as a cameo on ropey cooking shows.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Remember that time he was sacked as editor of the Mirror for being strongly implicated in having some degree of oversight into the phone hacking of people to get information for stories, up to an including the voicemails of people who were dead. 

He was sacked for publishing fake photos of British soldiers torturing people in Iraq. The phone hacking stuff came later.
  • Oh sorry I got my Piers Morgan moral atrocities confused. It's easy to do, since he is truly a garbage person who has a career full of awful shite behind him.
  • Markle shouldn't be making allegations of racism unless she's prepared to back them up and be specific. "One of these people is racist, we're not telling you which. Not her though. Or him. One of the others." Damages everyone that way. Including the poor proles that have to live with these twats lording it over them.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Remember that time he was sacked as editor of the Mirror for being strongly implicated in having some degree of oversight into the phone hacking of people to get information for stories, up to an including the voicemails of people who were dead. 

He was sacked for publishing fake photos of British soldiers torturing people in Iraq. The phone hacking stuff came later.

Yep.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Markle shouldn't be making allegations of racism unless she's prepared to back them up and be specific.

The accusation doesn't need backing up. I don't think anyone questions the credibility of this.
    It's sensitive, because technically, they're still family.

Not everyone would seek a reconciliation in this instance, but I would suggest she's holding back for Harry's sake, and the kids.

I personally think it's either Camilla, or Phillip. 
    I also shouldn't care, but in the long and tragic history of modern era racism, this is actually a seismic event.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!