Racist
  • I'm surprised it's only one of them.
  • Heh, there's always the racist uncle/aunt of the in-laws that gets to ye.
    The whole royal institute is backwards and an archaic relic of the past. The racism doesn't come as a  surprise.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Markle shouldn't be making allegations of racism unless she's prepared to back them up and be specific.
    The accusation doesn't need backing up. I don't think anyone questions the credibility of this. It's sensitive, because technically, they're still family. Not everyone would seek a reconciliation in this instance, but I would suggest she's holding back for Harry's sake, and the kids. I personally think it's either Camilla, or Phillip.  I also shouldn't care, but in the long and tragic history of modern era racism, this is actually a seismic event.
    I didn't really mean 'back up' as if she has to prove something. She didn't say who it was because it would be damaging to them. But what's happened instead is now they've all got the taint of it on them, which is more damaging. As per the bit I've bolded, at least one of those two is innocent and now got the accusation of racism swirling around them.
  • Great. Force them to actually address it, unlike all the shit Harry and Meghan faced over the years which the royals did fuck all about
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    As per the bit I've bolded, at least one of those two is innocent and now got the accusation of racism swirling around them.

I see your point. 

Not sure how smart they are about this, but often with racism, you get bystanders who construct convoluted defences, or hide behind an implied silence. But here, we now all know something was most certainly said, and now the onus is on the perpetrator(s) to stand up for themselves, or for the 'Institution' to cover it up.

When you think about it, we will actually get more information this way.

I'd personally want to do the same thing.
    You're also offering a chance of redemption here.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • If they had named names they would've burned all bridges to Harry's family and the monarchy. This way they're leaving a door open possibly hoping for contact and perhaps resolution?

edit: what dynamite said.

The point of the interview is the Royals have a thoroughly unhealthy relationship with the tabloids with Megan being a clear successor to Diana. They also have race/class issues to resolve obviously. It's a family affaire.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • monkey wrote:
    As per the bit I've bolded, at least one of those two is innocent and now got the accusation of racism swirling around them.
    I see your point.  Not sure how smart they are about this, but often with racism, you get bystanders who construct convoluted defences, or hide behind an implied silence. But here, we now all know something was most certainly said, and now the onus is on the perpetrator(s) to stand up for themselves, or for the 'Institution' to cover it up. When you think about it, we will actually get more information this way. I'd personally want to do the same thing. You're also offering a chance of redemption here.
    How do you know this?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • monkey wrote:
    I see your point.  Not sure how smart they are about this, but often with racism, you get bystanders who construct convoluted defences, or hide behind an implied silence. But here, we now all know something was most certainly said, and now the onus is on the perpetrator(s) to stand up for themselves, or for the 'Institution' to cover it up. When you think about it, we will actually get more information this way. I'd personally want to do the same thing. You're also offering a chance of redemption here.
    Yeah you're right, the same thing cuts both ways. If it's damaging to the whole family, the right thing to do now is for the racist to step forward and take the heat.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    How do you know this?

That's true. I don't. I'm taking a hunch based on the slow response to this, and a number of other intangibles (namely Harry's position).
    The ponce of wails was out on his trails today. If there was no issue, a simple denial would have put the pressure back on Meghan.

monkey wrote:
    Yeah you're right, the same thing cuts both ways. If it's damaging to the whole family, the right thing to do now is for the racist to step forward and take the heat.

It's the royal family anyway... if this is as "shocking" and "incendiary" as the Daily Mail makes out, then a "shocking" response, to most of us, will be an honest one.

But given the fact that Prince Andrew was sneaking out criminal defence statements under the cover of this whirlwind of shite, I'm expecting no real direct response, and a leak in a fortnight's time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    When you are a family with as much "interesting" history as this, both in words and deeds it becomes a lot easier to believe an incredulous outsider. This shit is par for the course, so I'm afraid I'm going to believe her.

It's almost as if those BLM rallies last May didn't happen, or we said "gosh yes there is a lot of institutional racism in Western culture. BUT NOT OUR MAJ"
  • I think it is important to know because this particular type or niche of racism is very old school.

It isn't the cultural racism that persists today even into younger generations. The type that says black communities do this, you are black so you must behave in that way.

I would tie it in much closer to stuff like eugenics, treating people of other races as a sub-species. The type of racism that justifies slavery. The type that clearly implies races should not mix and doing so is akin to sleeping with an animal.

There is no justification for either of course but the latter is very outdated and would be typically be spewed by older generations as a hangover to when it was culturally acceptable. This is why I think most assumed it was Phillip. If that came out of the mouth of William or Kate I would find that to be much more troubling as it simply isn't a way of thinking that would ever have been common in their lifetimes. It would have to be a strongly held view and they would have to air it knowing it is culturally unacceptable.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also burn the Royal family to the ground, and do thus with their assets - 50% in reparations to colonised countries, 25% gets to stay in museums, and 25% goes into UK charities.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    As per the bit I've bolded, at least one of those two is innocent

Not necessarily...
  • https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/us-sport/nba/meyers-leonard-nba-anti-semitic-twitch-b1814992.html

How did I miss that he was standing during the anthem in the bubble (well, I skip intros I guess).

Latest reminder that there generally seems to be a smoke and fire correlation with racism.

(I have no idea what term he used in this case. That's some good use of ****.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Jimmy buckets can drop him at training, I really wouldn't mind.
  • I don't really understand how you can be a racist pro sportsperson, seems like a massive liability. Particularly in the NBA, which is about as activist as any of these organisations gets at the moment.
  • And yet Jason Williams exists. So there's that.

Craig hodges story is the scary inverse.

If we're talking historical, just listened to the Rick Barry book of Bball pod. 70s racism is quite a thing.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Facewon wrote:

Antisemitic term, rhymes with 'bike'.
    Easily missed, but incredibly stupid.

• Yeah, I couldn't work it out either. Also lol at starring out bitch.
  • Facewon wrote:

Antisemitic term, rhymes with 'bike'.
    Easily missed, but incredibly stupid.

That was one of my guesses. In which case, lol at his I didn't know.

Or rather, given the standing for the national anthem, Ima guess there's a bunch of garden variety racism deeply entrenched in his family/where he grew up.

Defo some relos who would ask what colour the baby is if he has a kid with a woc.

Facepalm etc.
  • The folly of their ego is fitting. They believe they are superior through the lottery of birth.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Beware: diabetes can make you racist

https://twitter.com/BryanAGraham/status/1370519182387916801?s=19

Or maybe it's passing basketball that does?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Markle shouldn't be making allegations of racism unless she's prepared to back them up and be specific.
    The accusation doesn't need backing up. I don't think anyone questions the credibility of this. It's sensitive, because technically, they're still family

Not sensitive enough to not mention it though

I'm never going to excuse racism, that's not what I'm saying
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You got a link to that? I’d love to read the comments
  • That is one hell of a face turn! Wasn't it the mail who had all those awful articles and posts when she was pregnant which looked even worse compared to the ones they printed for Kate during her pregnancy?

And why the fuck did I type Kate? I don't know the person ffs. Damn celebrity culture...
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep pretty much
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Daily Mail being hypocritical, lying cunts? Hardly surprising. Why bother even mentioning? I think left leaning people get more entertainment out of the rag than anyone, tbh.
  • I'm addicted to their hypocrisy. Can't help it. It's one of the first websites I check each day after breakfast.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!