Red Dead Redemption 2
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The voice acting has been one of the biggest barriers for me in this. I don't know who is talking, they all sound the same and none of them are interesting. Not helped by 90% of talking being done by characters riding a horse facing away from the camera.
    Yeah, I'm finding this too - I've got subs on so I can see what's actually being said, but even that doesn't do anything to indicate who is talking.
    Similarly when you're walking through a street and someone shouts out something nice/request and got no idea who said it.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • You can turn on an option for the subs to show who is speaking
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Are you using headphones or the TV speakers?
  • Cheers Matty, will look for that.
    TV speakers for me Sparks...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Random Easter egg type thing you're better off finding yourself:
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The voice acting has been one of the biggest barriers for me in this. I don't know who is talking, they all sound the same and none of them are interesting. Not helped by 90% of talking being done by characters riding a horse facing away from the camera.
    Yeah, I'm finding this too - I've got subs on so I can see what's actually being said, but even that doesn't do anything to indicate who is talking.
    Similarly when you're walking through a street and someone shouts out something nice/request and got no idea who said it.

Likewise for me. Particularly when there is a group riding together. Must try the subtitles.

Not sure why so many people have had complaints with the controls to be honest, it's sure no arkham knight.

SFV - reddave360
  • I turn subtitles on in most things, its amazing the amount of stuff you don't hear due to some background noise. This even gives you the option to show you who is talking.
  • Yeah I'm not sure how people have been interacting wrong with people. The movement can be clunky because it's physics based but I've never accidentally shot someone or anything like that.
  • I once wanted to buy a newspaper from a small boy. Instead I pulled my gun out and he ran away

So I went back to playing RDR2 instead.

But srsly, the controls are somewhat unintuitive, it just takes longer than your average videogame for muscle memory to kick in so you can master them and 'unlock' the game.

For instance, after playing for 15+ hrs  I've only now just got into the swing of stopping random cowboys, robbing them and riding off into the sunset. The controls have just clicked. It's like I'm playing an entirely new game and it's brilliant.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've never stuck up a random. That's not Arthur's way!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've never robbed anyone either. Not even the stores with the side rackets. I felt pretty grubby robbing that house in the mission, so I've not done that again either.

Just been pootling about since finishing the story. There's some really nasty, fucked up shit to find in this.
  • Not really far into at the moment but if we're talking about dark shit....
    Spoiler:

Really hope there have be no dumb ass parents out there buying a copy for little Johnny.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Wait until you find "the bodies".
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How far on are you Goobs?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Finished it all now. Not touched online yet though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • End game spoilers.

My
    Spoiler:
    is being an absolutely
    Spoiler:
    It's fun.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Spoiler:

The bodies
    Spoiler:
  • Think I've found two so far. Have three treasure maps to solve, too. Such a generous game, for me it's even better now the story is finished.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah right.
    Spoiler:
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ah right.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think I've found any of those. Are they all in the mountains in the epilogue?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, I'm assuming you've not competed the epilogue then? Crack on with it you mad man. When you said you'd done it all I thought you'd finished that too.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    No, I've done that too.
    Spoiler:
    . I didn't think you meant them 2 as they are part of a mission.
  • I’ve done all the treasure maps on this.  Last one was a real fucker,  took soooo much funding. I’ve just kicked off chapter 6 so I’m guessing I’m well into things.
  • the controls are deffo a bit clunky, though i think i've so far avoided shooting people by accident. the 'lock on' when trying to greet someone has caused me a couple of issues when on horse as it makes it easy to run into them.
    The game generally seems a bit too keen to get you in trouble. the first time someone out in the wilds 'asked for help', a woman ran out into the road...i tried to lock on to speak while on horse, and i bumped her and was immediately wanted for assault. I may have used an amount of force to stop her reporting it!
    worse and more annoying (i'm only on chapter 2 and there's nothing spoilery about the story here but will spoiler just in case).
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Hahaha. That's game of the year right there :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah that stuff annoys somewhat. The times I've really gotten into trouble have always been when I've accidentally done something apparently wrong and it all kicks off and once it starts it's nearly impossible to end it without a big old bounty.
    Stifles experimentation a bit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!