Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Is there a way to check how long I've played this (PS4)? I thought all these games had gazundles of stats to wade through if you want them.
  • If you go to the manual save option I think it tells you there. Also gives you the story percentage completion.
  • No sign of time played unfortunately.  I'm on 29% now (story progression).  Just come into quite a bit of money too.  Should I donate a big chunk of this to the camp?  I'm assuming I'll get robbed at some point if I don't, and I'd hate to lose that amount of cash with nothing to show for it.
    Spoiler:
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    No sign of time played unfortunately.  I'm on 29% now (story progression).  Just come into quite a bit of money too.  Should I donate a big chunk of this to the camp?  I'm assuming I'll get robbed at some point if I don't, and I'd hate to lose that amount of cash with nothing to show for it.
    Spoiler:

It doesn't.
    Spoiler:
  • Thanks. I noticed flies were buzzing around me a couple of hours ago so I went for a swim. Job done. My cowboy only bathes when courting.
  • Unless you want fast travel I wouldn't bother giving anybody in the camp more than an oat cake, an apple or a sarcastic comment.
  • I was hoping it'd unlock fast travel, much as I've enjoyed trotting along I'm happy for things to speed up a bit now.  Looks like I'll be donating loads next session.
  • Sparky posted something about the max 'benefit' you get from a donation to the camp is at $25 a go. Obviously if you're planning on camp upgrades then more money will help, but it seems that they won't love you more just for giving all your money!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, don't donate more than $25 a pop as the honour boost maxes out there apparently. You can buy the camp upgrades straight from your own pocket too, no need to donate to the pot first.

To unlock fast travel you first need to upgrade Dutch's tent, then Arthur's. Fast travel only works one way, from your camp to wherever you want to go, there's no warping back home. I'm not sure how that works to be honest, I've not used it. Do the stage coaches/trains not work as fast travel? Do you have to sit through the whole journey or do they work like taxis in GTA?
  • Not sure in this game, but in RDR you could sit and watch or press to skip.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There are no cash limits on missions, splurge away. I recommend the tailor in Saint Denis.

I'm pretty sure bathing can be bypassed by reselecting your outfit from your horse, it sticks a clean set on for you. I have a cold, hot and rainy weather outfit stored on my nag, the hot and cold are to avoid the core drain in the wrong climate, the rainy one is purely for sad immersion/role playing reasons and is just my hot weather outfit with a leather nanny goat on.
  • I made a badger hat last night!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I made a badger hat last night!

My god, who did you use for the materials?
    SFV - reddave360
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Has anyone seen my left bum cheek knocking about anywhere?
  • "It's behind you!"
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    *turns round*

Nope still can't see it.
  • I had to make my hat using a perfect Badger. Can't find those sort around here.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • so i was riding back to camp one evening, when in the trees ahead i see some flaming torches....
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • hahahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The last time a horse did that me, I shot it in the head.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Incase you come across them again Ram
    Spoiler:
  • Incase you come across them again Ram
    Spoiler:
    cool, cheers!
  • So I’ve finished the main game today and done a little of the epilogue.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread I thought the prologue was a pretty weak start and it was really all to do with the surroundings they’d dropped me into.

That’s now a distant memory.  My daughter and I have been in tears with the whole end game.  I’ve never felt such hatred towards a video game baddie nor as much goodwill as I’ve felt towards others. Arthur himself is an absolute masterpiece.
    The world and many of its systems are obviously the real stars of the show but I’ve also got to give a nod of the hat to the story, the writing, the dialogue and the acting.  I’m nowhere near leaving this world yet it’s the most interesting and comprehensive display of video game craftsmanship I’ve come across.  I’m probably gonna do as much of the challenges as I can and just keep on wandering around.  I may even look to plat it and only Spider-Man has had me do that ever.

It’s so far ahead of everything else I’ve ever played (and probably watched and read too) that I still can’t quite believe it.  I’m more than aware of how shonky some of the mission design is, the disconnect between the mass murdering and the lovable rogue-ing (but then Drake also says hello on this point and I forgave him too), the actual controls gave me no issues but I know it’s a complaint for some.  None of that matters to me though as I’m just too happy to have taken my Arthur (and Alan his horse) on the rootinist tootinist adventure I’ve ever had in a game.

Exceptional.
  • Ok, you got me, I'll give it another go.
  • Yeah can you just sit beside me and whisper those platitudes while I try and play it and zone out of the millionth walk and talk exchange where I don't have any choice about where or how fast we go?
  • I just bought into the world and the rest came from there.  It was a definite gradual process but it happened.  I don’t know if I hated the game at the prologue point but it wasn’t far off.  Once the world opened up I just learned to take it at its own pace and enjoy everything that had been created for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!