Westworld - Full Of Spoilers
  • Right. Why was Dolores so appalled/afraid of seeing Billiam at the end of the episode?
    He has clearly been up to something in the barn. I'm guessing that his routine for the last few years has been to repeatedly kill her family and then some sort of torture of her, either mental or physical, to try and unearth the sentient behavior she had shown in the past.  Now she has her memories seeing him must be like seeing the devil.
    Sounds utterly plausible. I just thought when she saw him in the shadow (she thought it might be william) but then the MIB stepped into the light and her expression changed so I thought, hang on myabe she was expecting William but it wasnt him. But I was really tired and probagbly totally imagined that reading on it.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm watching it, getting it, seeing that it's well made, but not actually enjoying it. I have zero investment in any characters as they can drop the "they are a host" line anytime. That and the fact that there isn't a nice human being in the whole place.
  • There's going to have to be some seriously elegant writing to tie together all the different timelines in the final episode.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Will they even bother? Second season is confirmed so guessing they can take their time.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'm watching it, getting it, seeing that it's well made, but not actually enjoying it. I have zero investment in any characters as they can drop the "they are a host" line anytime. That and the fact that there isn't a nice human being in the whole place.
    I'm enjoying it, but only for the philosophical questions it poses really.

• b0r1s wrote:
    Will they even bother? Second season is confirmed so guessing they can take their time.
    They've always claimed that it would be neatly tied up in the season finale without any bullshit cliffhangers. Personally, I'll believe that when I see it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I just can't empathise or have any feeling for any character. Even for those played by the actors I like. 

I'd imagine even if they wrap it all up it will still be the big reveal and hook you into the second season.
  • They should just concentrate all their efforts into creating a spin off sequel called 'Medievalworld'
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    They should just concentrate all their efforts into creating a spin off sequel called 'Medievalworld'

Or ‘Definitely Not Game Of Thrones World’.
  • You lot care too much.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A series set in a park with hosts that recreate the Game of Thrones world would be ultra meta. Could even be good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well looks like they wrapped up most of it.

Confirmed the MiB for those people (read Americans) too thick to realise he was William, she even had to say it ffs.

Wyatt/Delores explained, though signposted so many times prior to this, the exposition was just filler.

Ford turns out to be the good guy, protecting Arnold's vision (possibly the only bit not obvious). Ford getting shot could again be a red herring, as they could just write it in that he was also a host.

Setup Samurai World to allow for scope of either spin offs or this show opening up.

Ends well enough that while it could benefit from a second series, but it isn't needed. So series 2 is the humans on the run, planet of the apes style, from the killer hosts.

Still don't care for any of the characters though.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Confirmed the MiB for those people (read Americans) too thick to realise he was William, she even had to say it ffs.

Americans?
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I can't fucking wait unit MiB and William appear on screen together so all those internet theorists  cry themselves to sleep.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Don't know Blocks (is he / she American?)

Just seemed a long segment for Delores to just say his name at the end, wasn't really needed, the hat segway was more than enough.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Samurai World would've been better
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I enjoyed the finale more than I have most of the season. The plot rattled along fast enough that you could forget about the lack of real characters, ignore anything you're not sure about and enjoy the acting, music and direction. Robots gaining sentience and killing people is fun basically, I don't think we needed 9 hours of misdirection to get here though.

William becoming the MiB is handled nicely in the costume changes, but nothing that's happened in the previous episodes makes him a convincing character or it a believable transformation.

I thought Maeve being on the train was somehow connected to Abernathy leaving on the train with his head full of data, but that seemed unresolved, likewise the head of security being captured by the natives.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, I was wondering about the head of security, I suppose he just got done in by the mob. Bit daft though, again it's surprising he wasn't missed.

I liked the control room lockdown, straight out of the film.

Maeve was odd. Was she scripted to leave the park and fought against her programming to go back for her daughter, or the other way round? Hers was the worst storyline by a country mile. Although I did like the simpleton butcher wondering if he was a robbit and her FFS response.

Enjoyed it overall, but I'm not looking forward to more in any way.
  • WTF! This is on NowTV today??? Surely it shouldn't be there till it airs tomorrow?
    So anyhoo, thoroughly enjoyed the finale. Wrapped up virtually everything with a well written bow, but still gave themselves wiggle room for a 2nd season with a few loose ends.
  • Yeah that was good. Glad that season 2 won't be carrying over any baggage.

Still loads of plot holes / mysteries / whatevers in there and much of what they've shown doesn't make a right lot of sense. But given how this show could have been left, they've done a decent job in wrapping up the main stuff satisfactorily.

Just because I love to moan - Fords suicide by robot doesn't make a lick of sense, unless he simply wanted to die (or Hopkins was too expensive for more than one season). The robots have gone on a killing spree anyway so why sacrifice himself? At least with Arnold you could see why he might not want anyone else to die and he wanted to go anyway. Thandie Newton isn't going to get on an elevator with armed guards firing at her, during a security lockdown and just walk out the bottom with quarter of an hour to kill before the train left. And so on and so on blah blah blah, it's all a bit stupid.

Still I'll be there for the start of the next season so it's doing something right.
  • That was good stuff. 

Looking forward to seeing where it all goes next. 

And that 'bloody vengeance' line is what Delores muttered to Maeve in episode 2 which triggered her becoming self aware...but Ford must have planned that whole 'Escape' narrative...except I don't know how he would have guessed the butchers would play along.
  • 90 minutes was very generous. But did we really have to see her chew off that guy's finger? Honestry don't know where they can go with Season 2 though. Thandie trying to find her daughter amid a park where the humans are hiding from the reawakened Hosts? Doesn't sound so bad.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • They've said that season 1 was about control and season 2 will be about chaos.

apparently

g.man
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I think Ford sacrificed himself to prevent the company from using him to get the hosts back under control.
    Things can only get better.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Bernard to make a Ford rubut
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Thandie not to get back into the park. Season 2 split (or season 3 set concurrently) about how humans survive in the park and about how Thandie survives in the world
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    We might not see as much of Thandie now, sniff.
    Things can only get better.
  • So Ford wasnt such a baddie. He was giving the hosts time to reach the centre of the maze... It was mentioned that Arnold changed Maeve's code...he a ghost in the shell or summat?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Ford wasn't a baddie? Are u fucking West? He's clearly unhinged allowing this you weapons of mass distinction this is us versus them proper
  • Nice. Ideally some sort of blade runner miniseries told in chronological order of robot uprising in the real world spanning over 200 years. Thank you.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • beano wrote:
    Ford wasn't a baddie? Are u fucking West? He's clearly unhinged allowing this you weapons of mass distinction this is us versus them proper
    I'm on their side!! The humans in dis be proper shit yo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!