ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I assumed it was world 4, with the talk of flying machines and it sounding very eastern (in my memory), but could've been, my statemenmt stands, I don't know how good any of you were at SuperMarioLand
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I was shit at it (and most games) but once got to the second to last boss. Internet says you're right, though; 'twas World 4. Thinking about it, didn't the entire game have a bit of an Egyptian theme going on or something?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think one of the worlds had some pyramids in it, I guess that was World 3, given what you've just said. But I've not played it since 1991 so my memory may well be flawed
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • one is egyptian and the other is easter islands (with the moai heads). 

The aeroplane and space ship levels are some of my favs though
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I liked those vehicle levels at the time, but don't really see why they exist now.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    I liked those vehicle levels at the time, but don't really see why they exist now.

For variety, to keep people interested, bit like the flood level in Halo (that is the vehicle one isn't it?)
  • Yeah, I know the intended reasons, I just don't feel they successfully achieve them. Last I played SML, for instance, I got fed up and stopped playing at the sub level. I sure they click with some, though.

Isn't the flood level in Halo the library and universally panned?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not universally panned, no.

I think Cocko's thinking of the 'Hog escape at the very end.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I was thinking of that yes. Once again not a game I've played in years. Everyone raved about flood level, that hog part had loads of enemies so assumed that was what you all meant
  • Don't think everyone raved about it. Moaned about it because it was shit, perhaps.
  • The Library level put me off playing Halo: CE for about ten years.
  • BINGO

I recently started playing through the MCC.  I have not yet reached the Library, but that's where I stopped first time around.
  • wow - The popularity of the Barcode Battler was such that in 1992,[6] a follow-up handheld called the Barcode Battler II (バーコードバトラーII?) was designed to provide enhanced functionality.It featured an extended single player mode, a wider variety of game elements, and an output port designed with interface capabilities - a feature that Nintendo took advantage of in licensing the Barcode Battler II Interface unit.[7] The BBII Interface allowed the Barcode Battler to be attached to the Famicom and Super Famicom (via an adapter[8]) consoles similar to the way the Game Boy Player allows for interfacing of the Nintendo GameCube with the e-Reader. The functionality of the Barcode Battler II while on this connection was purely as a barcode reader and the gameplay depended purely on the game cartridge in the machine it was connected to.
    Some time in 1992/1993, Epoch released the Barcode Battler II across the world, under the name of Barcode Battler. Essentially, the worldwide release differed from the Japanese model only in the design of the LCD screen — it had an English interface instead of a Japanese one. It still had the output port, but no games support outside of Japanese releases. Also, the artwork on the manuals and barcode cards differed to suit the Western gaming audience.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • AJ wrote:
    I liked those vehicle levels at the time, but don't really see why they exist now.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    On RetroPie, pressing start and select at the same time quits out of the game. They could have nicked that to add in a menu that allows you to save/load/quit to a main menu screen.

Maybe they've Appled it for inclusion on the Mini NES II.

My guess is that they know it should have wireless pads with said menu access, but they were too cheap to, and long cables would've highlighted this further.
  • The Famicom mini has sold 262,961 on launch weekend.

Looks like my prediction of this being Nintendo's biggest selling HW this Christmas might not be so left field now.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Are you following me around ;) check Games news :)
  • https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N3M856E/?tag=ho01f-21

Free ebook (the blurb below)

Are you a fan of the original Nintendo or NES Classic Edition?

This is a must have guide for anyone who has the NES Classic Edition or an original NES.

In it you will find tips, tricks and strategies to all 30 games. Take a trip down memory lane and relive some of the most classic NES secrets ever made.

Pages of passwords, codes, maps and hidden items which makes playing these games for the first time and mastering theses games that much easier.

Strategies on how to beat bosses, which power ups help you the most, and much more.
  • Vehicle levels are nice to break things up a bit. Plus they can add spectacle and bombast to games like Halo. The escape at the end of The Maw is one of my all time favourite gaming moments.

And don't get me started on the Shagohod escape from MGS3. So badass.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Also, talk of SMLand is bringing back such fond memories.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Super Mario Land was the first Mario game I finished.  Still have it somewhere.  

The music that starts at 5:15 is absolute nostalgia for me.  That it's a mix of happy and sad music makes it all the more perfect.

• Popped in to see my sister and she pulls out a nes mini. "Oh I forgot I ordered one..". It's still in the box. Looking at the packaging made me want to own it. She's holding off till xmas when she'll open it. Women!
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Popped in to see my sister and she pulls out a nes mini. "Oh I forgot I ordered one..". It's still in the box. Looking at the packaging made me want to own it. She's holding off till xmas when she'll open it. Women!

to be fair, she got her arse in gear and actually got one.
  • whats the hardest game on the nes mini?
  • mk64 wrote:
    whats the hardest game on the nes mini?

Ghosts N Goblins or Ninja Gaiden.

Adventures of Link isn't for the faint hearted either.

We are talking NES here though, most of the games will pose a serious challenge, especially for modern gamers.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • But with save states probably very doable.

• I believe Ghosts N Goblins is much harder than Ninja Gaiden.
  • voices wrote:
    I believe Ghosts N Goblins is much harder than Ninja Gaiden.

Agreed, never completed GnG. Makes Ghouls look easy.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The Famicom mini has sold 262,961 on launch weekend.

Looks like my prediction of this being Nintendo's biggest selling HW this Christmas might not be so left field now.

A disappointing 196,000 units for the NES mini in the US for November, I was expecting more, especially after those Japan numbers.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!