Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • What, Ronaldo?

Not too shocking. Multiple teams didn't qualify until 98, which meant his first 4 seasons in Europe saw him playing in the UEFA Cup. He played in it for only 1 season for Inter, not helped by his injuries there, and he joined Real a year after they won it, and they went into a downturn for a few years after that.

He did move to Milan the season they won it, but I believe he was ineligible as it was a mid season move and he'd already played for Real in the group stages.
  • What, Ronaldo?

Not too shocking. Multiple teams didn't qualify until 98, which meant his first 4 seasons in Europe saw him playing in the UEFA Cup. He played in it for only 1 season for Inter, not helped by his injuries there, and he joined Real a year after they won it, and they went into a downturn for a few years after that.

He did move to Milan the season they won it, but I believe he was ineligible as it was a mid season move and he'd already played for Real in the group stages.

Nah, Cannavaro. I honestly thought he'd won it at some point.
  • Ah, one of them, rather than number 1.
  • The Prem will start again 17th of June.
    Fixtures
    Villa vs Sheffield United
    Man City vs Arsenal

edit: dammit g
  • Isn't playing in the boiling heat going to be a bit of a problem?

EDIT: aside from the 'playing during a pandemic' issue
  • They can practice for the Qatar World Cup.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The Prem will start again 17th of June.
    Fixtures
    Villa vs Sheffield United
    Man City vs Arsenal

edit: dammit g

The well thought out project restart. So what happens if a club has multiple players with corona symptoms? Ohbyeh they havent thought of that. Or that testing takes two days for results to return so a positive play could be training and playing matches while positive for corona.

Troy Deeny said it best. I can get into the box with 21 other players and jump for the ball, but i cant go get a haircut.
  • I quite like Troy Deeney but it sounds like he's describing all the worst Saturday night game shows at once.
  • There's a strong chance it won't even get to restart as we likely will see a massive spike of infections just before then thanks to our insane overlords.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Your insane overlords
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I reckon the Gooners will beat Citeh then we'll win the title at Goodison.

And it's on free-to-watch TV.

That'll do.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Isn't playing in the boiling heat going to be a bit of a problem?

EDIT: aside from the 'playing during a pandemic' issue

It’s England. Don’t let a few days of sun lull you into a false sense if security. Cloudy, windy, high teen days will be back before you know it.

The safest job to be in right now is football. Testing twice a week? If you’re leaving your house the safest place to be in the country is going to be jumping inside a penalty box with 21 other men.
    GT: Knight640
  • Bundesliga liga have same day testing and results. Premier league? 2 days after you get tested you get a result. Bundesliga have independent assesors to monitor training and make sure social distancing is adhered to. If not club gets fined or dropped points. Premier league? Got nuthing.

• Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bundesliga liga have same day testing and results. Premier league? 2 days after you get tested you get a result. Bundesliga have independent assesors to monitor training and make sure social distancing is adhered to. If not club gets fined or dropped points. Premier league? Got nuthing.

They're taking their lead from the Government.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bundesliga liga have same day testing and results. Premier league? 2 days after you get tested you get a result. Bundesliga have independent assesors to monitor training and make sure social distancing is adhered to. If not club gets fined or dropped points. Premier league? Got nuthing.

Can't compare them - different leagues.
  • We're talking Germans here Cinty. Different species. Totally different cultural norms and also resistance to viral infection. If you don't know all the facts you really are just an armchair-adjacent fighter with typewriters, as the germans would say
  • So the police want some games played at a neutral venue.

No thanks.
  • Only games where Liverpool could win the title isnt it?
    Or have they added some more.

Still a proper nonsense.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    So the police want some games played at a neutral venue. No thanks.

What??? That makes so little sense, for starters there is no "the police" and most constabularies are heavily dependant on getting paid by clubs to police their games, so I sincerely doubt GMP are hoping that city and utd games are being played in Notts (St Georges Park) as it means no moolah. They already have bubble games, so we all know what are the "at risk" fixtures
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Only games where Liverpool could win the title isnt it? Or have they added some more. Still a proper nonsense.
    cockbeard wrote:
    So the police want some games played at a neutral venue. No thanks.
    What??? That makes so little sense, for starters there is no "the police" and most constabularies are heavily dependant on getting paid by clubs to police their games, so I sincerely doubt GMP are hoping that city and utd games are being played in Notts (St Georges Park) as it means no moolah. They already have bubble games, so we all know what are the "at risk" fixtures

Three are Manchester ones, the other two Liverpool

HC1R_q07?format=png&name=small
  • Man U vs Sheffield?
    Do they really think there will be mass gatherings at Old Trafford because they scrape CL if Man City dont appeal?
  • It's a massive danger hotspot Liv.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Most bubbles are actual rivals not Manchester or Liverpool, I think Cardiff have most
  • Where in the world can you go that doesnt have Man U fans?
    Liverpool is probably the only place.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ceratinbly not early to mid nineties bourenmoth, full of the cunts it were
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Where in the world can you go that doesnt have Man U fans?
    Liverpool is probably the only place.

I've met a few scouse Man U fans. The fucking weirdos.
  • Knight wrote:
    The safest job to be in right now is football. Testing twice a week? If you’re leaving your house the safest place to be in the country is going to be jumping inside a penalty box with 21 other men.
    This is my view on it too. Yes, I'm sympathetic to 'footballers are people too', and sure those who have high risk family members etc. may need to think differently...but considering all the people who have had to keep working, and are going back to work now...set aside the money and allure of being a footballer, there surely can't be a safer or better place to have to 'go' to work . (obviously I'm talking prem league level with all the precautions etc, not suggesting a kickabout in the park with randoms)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Well my argument is that we shouldn't be going back to work now. Footballer is hardly a key worker role, so 'nurses have to work' doesn't really wash with me.

By them going back, it's going to put people like G at risk. It's not just the 22 twats running around the field.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!