Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Mings is a donkey.
  • Greenwood now two goals behind robbie fowler debut season total.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Mings is a donkey.

hahahahaha, he's a liability alright, he'll hide now, I bet pounds to pennies he picks up a minor injury and has to come off, every time
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Didn't realise Konsa got the ball too. Crikey.
  • I think they found his position when he became a sweeper that purely defended.
  • Keane is such an asshole.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yup, sky still blue
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Sky sports man
    Man U stamped their authority on the game
  • Of course: maguire with his arm around the attacker is a definite no peno.

Comedic.
  • Villa a so bad though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Manchester United are looking to become the first team in Premier League history to win four consecutive matches by a margin of 3+ goals.

Kinda surprising!
  • Surprised Man City haven’t done that. Nicely done.
  • Fixtures have helped.
    Brighton, Sheffield (fair play they are decent), Bournemouth and Villa.

There is also a draw with us in the middle of it.
  • Martial having a silent paddy.
  • Man Utd have that look of just winning games every time, a sort of belief you see running through winning teams. However I’m looking forward to them being a bit found out, like when Conte’s “revolutionary” 3 at the back won the league one year and stuttered the next. Ole’s tactics appear to be “if you get the ball in midfield, you three / four run forward as fast as you can and whoever’s got the ball sweep it forward toward them”

Greenwood and Fernandes look like super players.
  • We are now 6 goals behind Leicester in goal difference. That could be really important by end of the season.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I don't know how we move on from where we are. The obsession with Aurier and Dier is bizarre. We have lost a lot of our pacey threat over the years through age and Walker/Trippier moving on. That being said we are, in my opinion always punching above our weight being in the top 4 anyway given our spending.

I'm not too worried about the stadium, it has been built in a way that it should pay for itself when the events industry get up and running again, incredibly unfortunate timing on that front. Long term it will be a huge earner. If the NFL franchise comes off we will have one of the best legitimate earnings in the league.

I gave up when we sacked Porch. He had me believe..Mourinho is aids.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Even when you beat us at the bridge I thought there was no way you could catch us. Now I reckon you’re odds on favourites to finish 3rd, fucking Fernandes
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I don't know how we move on from where we are. The obsession with Aurier and Dier is bizarre. We have lost a lot of our pacey threat over the years through age and Walker/Trippier moving on. That being said we are, in my opinion always punching above our weight being in the top 4 anyway given our spending.

I'm not too worried about the stadium, it has been built in a way that it should pay for itself when the events industry get up and running again, incredibly unfortunate timing on that front. Long term it will be a huge earner. If the NFL franchise comes off we will have one of the best legitimate earnings in the league.

I gave up when we sacked Porch. He had me believe..Mourinho is aids.

Sacking Poch was inevitable. The magic had gone.
    Appointing Jose, well I was willing to give him a chance but it was the wrong choice.
    Should have gone for another dynamic people person with the same mentality as Poch but with new vigor.
  • I still don't know what the idea is with Mourinho. Maybe they're planning to let him do the rebuild they didn't let Poch do.
  • He’s done well at other clubs generally. Yeah it went sour at Man U but I think that was the first time it went sour without winning a big thing. He might do okay next year once he has had a summer (whatever that means) and some new players.
  • He won’t. They’ll be mid table next year. His legs are totally gone (or rather whatever the managerial equivalent is).

Greenwood is a real player. Mostly that’s annoying but England’s attack (shame about the centre backs and goalie) are going to be world class soon. Sancho, Sterling, Greenwood/Rashford/Abraham. Tasty.
    GT: Knight640
  • I wonder if Rashford will leave Man U. He’s not the golden child anymore and Man U also seem to be recruiting more players up front.
  • If Sancho does come, which seems to be a saga in waiting but let's just say it happens, it'd probably be Rashford to make way from the starting eleven (based on current returns/form)? Sancho on the right, Greenwood earning the right to play through the middle and Martial back on the left (my preferred position for him anyway).  I like Rashford, good player and he's scored some huge goals, but I don't reckon he's anywhere near the level the press/pundits seem to think.
  • Nah moot, martial is the no9 now. He'll play through the centre on most occasions. Rashford has the left and if we got sancho he'd be off the right. Greenwood would have to be used carefully like fergie did with kids of his age. Anyway personally i dont see sancho happening this summer. No club is going to pay £100mil for any player in current climate and with all the uncertainty.
  • He’s done well at other clubs generally. Yeah it went sour at Man U but I think that was the first time it went sour without winning a big thing. He might do okay next year once he has had a summer (whatever that means) and some new players.

He is a top top manager, but like Guardiola he needa to be backed by the club to buy the players he needs to make his philosophy work ala at Inter.

However i do think he needs to change tact. His preference for experienced players over younger more malleable players is costing him at moment. Spurs, Utd dont have that outlook of preferring experienced pro over younger player. Ifhe wasnt such a legend at Inter, he'd be a great appointment for AC Milan or even PSG.

I understand why levy went for him, spurs desperately need a trophy. Its why it went flat under pich in my opinion. If they just managed to win a trophy, things would have kicked on. Fergie said that winning a trophy with a group who have never won silverwear is vital. It cultivates that hunger and desire for repeated success.

• There is absolutely no chance Rashford leaves. We play with 3 forwards and right now we have... 3 forwards.

Even if we signed someone else thats just giving us cover for injury and the ability to rotate. When Rashford got injured in January we signed Ighalo on loan.
  • There is absolutely no chance Rashford leaves. We play with 3 forwards and right now we have... 3 forwards.

Even if we signed someone else thats just giving us cover for injury and the ability to rotate. When Rashford got injured in January we signed Ighalo on loan.

Agreed. We need a long term striker to replace ighalo. Ideally this summer a right winger and centre back. Though if fernandes and pogba get injured....
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Nah moot, martial is the no9 now. He'll play through the centre on most occasions. Rashford has the left and if we got sancho he'd be off the right. Greenwood would have to be used carefully like fergie did with kids of his age. Anyway personally i dont see sancho happening this summer. No club is going to pay £100mil for any player in current climate and with all the uncertainty.

Makes sense to use him sparingly as the current purple patch will presumably be followed by ups and downs, but if his form doesn't dip how do you leave a player like that out?  Martial wouldn't be happy shifting wide again, but I rate him higher than Rashford in either position.  All three of them want to be the no.9 afaik.  In terms of finishing it seems to be Greenwood > Martial > Rashford. I fucking love Martial, but I'm still not convinced he's not equally useful on the left.  Tricky one for Ole.  "The good kind of headache" etc.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!