Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • There is absolutely no chance Rashford leaves.

Also this, I just don't think he'd be a guaranteed starter.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Nah moot, martial is the no9 now. He'll play through the centre on most occasions. Rashford has the left and if we got sancho he'd be off the right. Greenwood would have to be used carefully like fergie did with kids of his age. Anyway personally i dont see sancho happening this summer. No club is going to pay £100mil for any player in current climate and with all the uncertainty.

Makes sense to use him sparingly as the current purple patch will presumably be followed by ups and downs, but if his form doesn't dip how do you leave a player like that out?  Martial wouldn't be happy shifting wide again, but I rate him higher than Rashford in either position.  All three of them want to be the no.9 afaik.  In terms of finishing it seems to be Greenwood > Martial > Rashford. I fucking love Martial, but I'm still not convinced he's not equally useful on the left.  Tricky one for Ole.  "The good kind headache" etc.

Theres a good article about martial's development this season on the telegraph website. Greenwoods goal, which martial played a part in, wouldnt have happened last year as he is becoming a more rounded centre forward who does the hardwork now as well.

Yeh, greenwood will be a no9 no doubt but he's got plenty of time. Playing off the wing will improve him as a player as it did Henry for example in his early career. I think, i might be wrong that rashford might be content with being a wide forward where his pace can be utilised. Anyway in ole's attack, he wants his forwards to switch positions back when utd did that worh rooney, ronaldo, tevez etc.
  • I suspect you can be content with being shunted if you’re the penalty guy - good way of placating.
  • Greenwood's goal doesn't happen if Mings actually knew the first thing about defending, also
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Have asked for the Adidas Celtic top for my birthday. It fucking snaps
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Have asked for the Adidas Celtic top for my birthday. It fucking snaps

Better get it ordered soon, these things have a habit of going out of stock fast.
  • Full draw
    All quarter-finals to take place from 12-15 August. Remaining last-16 fixtures on 7-8 August.

1) Real Madrid or Manchester City v Lyon or Juventus

2) RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid

3) Napoli or Barcelona v Chelsea or Bayern Munich

4) Atalanta v Paris St-Germain

Edit: So PSG and Atletico in semi finals most likely.
  • Europa league:

Quarter-finals, 10-11 August

1. Wolfsburg/Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt/Basel

2. LASK/Manchester United v Istanbul Basaksehir/Copenhagen

3. Inter Milan/Getafe v Rangers/Bayer Leverkusen

4. Olympiakos/Wolves v Sevilla/Roma.

Edit: will be tough for utd to win this, some big teams left.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Europa league: 
    Quarter-finals, 10-11 August 

1. Wolfsburg/Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt/Basel 

2. LASK/Manchester United v Istanbul Basaksehir/Copenhagen 

3. Inter Milan/Getafe v Rangers/Bayer Leverkusen 

4. Olympiakos/Wolves v Sevilla/Roma.
    "All remaining matches in this year's competition will take place in Germany."

rboN7ZE.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kamera ein, kamera ein!
    Schnell!
    Schnell!
  • Wo ist der foosball bitte?

Easy mate
  • Atalanta will scud PSG mark my words
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    You'll be back for Josh King in the summer, but if Main Edwards tries negotiating the way he did in the New year you'll get nowhere. 15 minutes my arse
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It helped Ighalo get his 15 minutes.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    True enough, althgh King has made it clear in the ast that he wants to be the number nine, he runs the channels intelligently and is very strong, quick and direct when playing out wide. he's been happy enough playing second fiddle to Callum Wilson so I've no doubt he'd be fine with being the fourth choice forward at your lot, especially as he can slot in anywhere across that front three with ease. Don;t forget you've got Dan James as well, no idea how he's doing but he's certainly a talent, wish we'd got him instead especially given Brooks season long injury
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    You'll be back for Josh King in the summer, but if Main Edwards tries negotiating the way he did in the New year you'll get nowhere. 15 minutes my arse

I doubt we will to be honest. With Greenwoods emergence, what's the point? He's 10 years younger and already looks better.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fair point, but if there is interest at least put a few bids increase to price
  • Usain bolt has named his daughter...Olympia Lighting Bolt
  • Lighting or lightning? Both silly but one much more so...
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Olympia lightning bolt Bolt
  • A win for Luton @Tigersgogrrr
    It is bloody tight at the bottom of the Championship.

Interesting how there are a number of recent(ish) prem clubs in the mix.
    Charlton, Huddersfield, Middlesbrough, Stoke, Birmingham, Hull.
  • Hudds were shite. We had no energy whatsoever. Luton took their chances.
  • Don’t forget Wigan with a 12 point penalty, plus rumours of a Sheff weds points deduction.
  • Totally forgot about the point deduction side of things with Wigan.

I'm wondering if coming up to the Prem doesn't damage a club irreparably now. The financial gap between the two leagues is massive.
  • The only teams that seem to cope are Norwich and West Brom.
  • We bought shit and paid them too much. It’s difficult to recover from that as the players will all be on 3 year contracts with no prospect of any other much taking them. Most are out on loan now thankfully, but the damage has been done.
  • I believe current results relegate Norwich, is that corrrect?
  • Probably.

Norwich have been so disappointing. They properly did Man City in and somehow still the worst team.
  • Antonio gets a hat trick Norwich give up the ghost. )having said that West Ham only just beat Chelsea who aren’t doing too badly so they aren’t playing like mugs at the moment)
  • So we lose norwich, Bournemouth and aston villa but get leeds, west brom and hopefully notts forest or brentford. Ideally west brom drop into playoffs and forest win that. Thats not too bad for next season. A biesla team in PL is something ive wanted for a very long time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!