#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    At £7.99 I had to go in on this.  Quite enjoying it and it looks wonderful.
    Get schwifty.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    There's no need to keep going on about it...
  • I grabbed the PS3 version today.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Digital vita version bagged.

2 notables yesterday!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I got a notable yesterday too :D

Bit pissed off about this teeny cup, I ended up with one of those automatic bogey shots because I was less than 1m away, and it missed! So I ended up with double bogey. What the fuck!
  • Shit, good, shit on the dailies today. In fact I rage quit the first because I refuse to come in over par even if everyone generally is.
  • Had a shit par on the 18 holer today.

Pulled in a -1 on the 9 Legacy of Golf Links, and that was with a double bogey.
    Mediocre something on Kagurayama. 

Any word on when we're getting this update? Wouldn't mind another course or two in DLC
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Decided to change this to just Everybody's Golf seeing as the PS3 version is so cheap now. 
    Played the PS3 version a little but today, it really is stunning. The Vita may have nice graphics, but EG does highlight just how wide the graphical gulf is.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I've recently been hammering Lagacy of Golf to get the Crown (within 2m of the pin), which helped me double my best ever to six under.

Only need 4 Crowns to unlock the last Vs Match (?), has anyone done this yet?
  • I gave up on Challenge mode.  Did 2 or 3 of the extra Vs matches is all.  I have a bash every now and again, but I always do the 3 tournaments first so I don't tend to get round to the sp.
  • I'm still plugging away at the Crowns. Haven gotten up to and beaten the 4th extra Vs. 
    Hate doing them though, with the points match.

So frustrating when you play a perfectly fine birdie but the computer beats you because, even though they missed the green they chip and get the extra points.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, there's a lot of luck involved in the Vs matches.

THREE CROWNS LEFT
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Just initiated the Dl from SEN for the PS3 version. Had a crack at the PSP and since it's going for bobbins this weekend I'm looking to get on the links once the 8gig?? has landed. Is there a multiplayer thing going on still? Does it play with Vita leaderboards too? I remember having a rest bud laff back on the trusty PSP. Looking forward to it.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Got the Vita version at the weekend, feels like the perfect handheld game.

Played a few 9 hole challenge courses to find my feet, a couple of poor rounds were followed by a -7 on Maple Leaf, including my first Eagle and a 104yd chip in.

It seems that everyone here is into the daily tournaments, do I need to have a levelled up character with loads of cool kit to compete in those or is it a level plaing field? Is Challenge Mode the main single player bit for levelling etc? Stroke play seemed a bit empty.
    Live & PSN (Vita only) - MattTheSurveyor
  • Surveyor wrote:
    Got the Vita version at the weekend, feels like the perfect handheld game. Played a few 9 hole challenge courses to find my feet, a couple of poor rounds were followed by a -7 on Maple Leaf, including my first Eagle and a 104yd chip in. It seems that everyone here is into the daily tournaments, do I need to have a levelled up character with loads of cool kit to compete in those or is it a level plaing field? Is Challenge Mode the main single player bit for levelling etc? Stroke play seemed a bit empty.

If you're good enough you can do without the bonuses for loyalty.
    But they do obviously help with higher scores should you unlock them. well worth pursuing really
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    You'll probably struggle to compete on the tougher courses without a better character/equipment, but you stand a chance on the easier courses, it just depends on what the tournaments are on a particular day.

Sorry if that sounds obvious.

Edit: see previous comment.
  • Cheers chaps.

So Challenge Mode is where I should be spending my time until I have some better kit?

How does the loyalty thing work? Do I have to use the same character back-to-back or is it just XP for each character as and when you use them?
  • Surveyor, I'd still compete in the daily tournaments for the courses you've played in the sp.  You'll be reasonably competitive.  With maxed out characters and gear I still fail to shoot the crazy scores that the world's best achieve eg 24 under over 18 holes.  You'll get points and climb the boards regardless.

I spent 3/4 weeks maxing out a character before I went online and wish I'd dabbled a bit more.  Saying that a beefed up final character does put some par 5s in albatross range.  When I first went online I used the daily tournaments to max out the loyalty of all my characters so you can do that too.

Welcome aboard guys!
  • Surveyor wrote:
    Cheers chaps. So Challenge Mode is where I should be spending my time until I have some better kit? How does the loyalty thing work? Do I have to use the same character back-to-back or is it just XP for each character as and when you use them?

You earn loyalty for using the character. There's only 4 levels, and the bonuses help, but they're not essential (More power shots, improved impact, circle and Triangle buttons opened for setting impact are the best bonuses, homing and rising shots wont really get you anywhere). Challenge mode will do you well for gear and new characters, but take part in the daily challenges too as you can increase your loyalty to characters there too.
  • Sweet, will have a bash at a daily tournie tonight then, perfect Euro 2012 companion.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ye gods! Clatteringly late to the game as usual but have just got off the first couple of challenge tournaments in this on PS3. 

Got some work to finish off now sadly and have only just heard on another forum of how to put backspin (down dpad on backswing), super backspin (up on upswing, down on backswing) and throwing tufts of grass (down on dpad) if there's no wind direction showing. I only mention as buying it from PSN in the weekend sale seems to mean I have no manual and no in game guide to really speak of. Any other top tips or is it a suck it and see type thing?

I'm liking the new swing thing for now too. Adding a bit of guesstimation from the swing animation feels a bit more fun than just watching power bars and it suggests you can get more power using this new system. Much in it?
    Just got the first loyalty thing with one of the initial characters but is that the only way to unlock stuff? There seems to be a pink bar filling (labelled Vs something I think?) up in challenge mode when I finish. Do you get 1 on 1 challenges from other charas? 

Might have to try propping up some of these online tourneys this evening then…
  • isanbard wrote:
    I have no manual and no in game guide to really speak of. Any other top tips or is it a suck it and see type thing?

You access the manual from the Live Area.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    *off to investigate* Cheers Sas!
  • Not had one for a while but got a hole in one on the 5th hole of the first 9 hole course today.  Plopped it in behind the hole and then super backspin guided it blissfully into the moist depths that were waiting.

*ahem

First day that I've completed all 3 tournaments and not moved up in the rankings - 213th.  Had to be content with checking my UK rank instead which now stands at 37.

Sent Friends requests to Surveyor and Isanbard
  • We really need to get an online night on on this. Don't forget the Vita can do party chat.
  • Does the game currently have the facility to accommodate us all or does it need a patch first?

3 PBs in today's tournaments.  Woot!
  • As far as I know you all go into a lobby and then agree on a game to join. 
    Methinks cross party chat would be a necessity to do the thing properly.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    As far as I know you all go into a lobby and then agree on a game to join.  Methinks cross party chat would be a necessity to do the thing properly.

Yeah I remember the fun we had when we first tried to play some mp because of having to book tee times
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Managed to get a -15 in the Harvest 18 hole tourney today, which is a personal record but still wanted better! Can't remember what I got for the other two tournaments as I did them early this morning but they were average to decent performances.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The PS3 online seems to be a bit… odd. Wandered into a random lobby thing, tried to work out what wsas going on and a German dude wandered over. He thought I was from Japan I was that useless at communicating and as a day one punter I seem to have no tourneys to go for anyway. 
    I guess it's just that it's 3yrs old now or whatever and so you have to have everything unlocked to get into tee-off. I guess it's attempting to emulate an actual online clubhouse with all these timings and lobbies but it really is incredibly clunky from a first impression. Made me think that the Japanese have a very different take on online than the west. 

On better news the 3D is pretty funky!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!