Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I ain't got time for rhythm action fam, bossing fuck outta darts and bowling though.

Heading back in, already caned four hours on it this afternoon. Game is a belter.
  • Aye I need to get back to it, one for Xmas I think.

Oh and git gud etc
  • I completed Yakuza Kiwami yesterday on easy, cracking game although it's in 0's shadow a bit, being so similar only not quite as good.  
    Side stories were also a bit more hit and miss, but there was some absolute solid gold, with that nice blend of comedy and sentimental stuff these games are so good at.  Some good call backs to characters from 0 that I really appreciated too.

Highlight is Majima and Kiryu's Looney Tunes relationship.  Fucking hilarious stuff in places.  Even just walking the streets and hearing him Majima calling out to Kiryu-chan with a megaphone or something made me grin.  Quality stuff

My favourite story is a girl interviewing Kiryu for some kind of Bad Boy Magazine.

Spoiler:
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Fuck me the karaoke is hard

But it's so good. Dancing is also pretty hard but great when it clicks.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fuck me this game is brilliant
  • Which bit are you on right now?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Which bit are you on right now?

Chapter 2 but just wandering around. So far (quest and gameplay spoilers):
    Spoiler:

I've loved every minute and it keeps making me laugh, fair play.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah bloody hell there's a bit on this mission that's just slayed me.
    Spoiler:

Lovely stuff
  • I'll be interested to see your thoughts on general story proceedings after another few chapters. 

The game is really about three equal parts. Solid fighting engine. Absurd diversions. Main story. 

Sounds like you're getting in on the first two, and enjoying them. 

For me, the game nails everything.
  • Yeah - funny, fun, touching and mental from start to finish. Probably the best Yak game in a series that isn’t short of great instalments.
  • Spoiler for my favourite story bit:
    Spoiler:
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    First-timer, D?
  • Vela wrote:
    Spoiler for my favourite story bit:
    Spoiler:

That bit was fucking awesome.
  • Spoilered bit was pure Manga trailer uhh-uhh-UHH stuff, loved it.  The welcome to the cabaret cinematic was the point where I realised the game was for me. Can't recall my favourite sub story offhand, but a few highlights:
    Spoiler:
  • Absolutely definitely the most amusing game I've ever played.  35hrs of consistent chuckling and a few full guffaws.  Best game.
  • Yeah, but it goes so quickly from hilaious diversions into a dead serious and incredibly well told story about Yakuza dealings. Its quite an achievement to have a game with a serious story try and earn the grace to be more than a bit silly (and completely overdo it) without stumbling. 

As for the side missions in general (spoilers for those yet to play it) I quite liked
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If this keeps up the way it has it could enter in second on my GOTY list
  • Why is this not out on PC?
    I blame Sony...
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It's such a nice game to rinse a quick hour on after a long day. Always something new to look at, listen to and do.
  • If this keeps up the way it has it could enter in second on my GOTY list

If you’re liking it already, I can’t see why that would change. Side-missions and general non-main questline content quality remains high, while the story goes from strength to strength.
  • So the box art for the Yakuza teams take on Fist Of The North Star got shown today.

5hnC6DS.jpg

Nice. Can't see this game being anything less than stupidly mental and I'm all for it.
  • I only found out about that a few weeks ago.  Definitely interested.
  • If this keeps up the way it has it could enter in second on my GOTY list

Its 2nd on mine, btw.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • 3rd for me.  Mario and Zelda too stronk.
  • Yeah, think the Nintendo games go top 2 as well.  Yakuza a very close 3rd but still have to play Nioh and Nier before the end of the year!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Charging into chapter 12 of 0 like a boss. What a life.
  • Which bit is that again? Let's ask google...

Enjoy :)
  • Aye it were great.

I've not really dabbled with the other fighting styles other than the normal one. Find them a bit weird. Definitely gonna experiment more when I start Kiwami.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I just use the way of the baseball bat

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!