So what do you think of VR? (And have you tried Resi 7 in it?)
  • For me VR needs to be portable and some how avoid being immersion breaking and functional. This would mean I could easily use vr in any room I want (i.e. I don't want to play only in my bedroom - where I principally keep my computer -or living room - for more shared experiences - but I only have the cash for one computer really). It also needs to feel good but I want to be safe too. Walking round feels necessary to cancel nausea for me but obv walking around a furniture free room is unteneble.
    That just sounds like AR. 

I don't think there's going to be one future for this stuff. Previously you had arcade cabinets, then home consoles / computers, then handhelds, then web games and then smartphone games. They all still exist to some extent and all have sort of different requirements and use cases. 

With immersive stuff, there's at least three modes, but they're all coming at once. I think they'll all even out into the rough separation we have between causal and more hardcore platforms around now. I just wonder what I'm going to be playing the Elder Scrolls 7 on, or GTA 7, or Plants v Zombies 12. 

There's sat-down VR which is the least complicated, offers the best prospect of completely exploring an imaginary environment with no restrictions. The headsets may get slimmer, wireless and cheaper but that's still going to be a stationary experience. This is your Elder Scrolls platform.  

Full room VR doesn't seem like its got much hope of mass adoption outside of a niche, or maybe a renaissance of arcades / holosuites. 

Then there's AR which will be projected / displayed onto your surroundings. You're not going to be dungeon crawling with this tech, or parachuting from a plane into a gunfight. But this is the area with the most potential. I keep thinking of that pinball VR thing where a guy just had a VR pinball game but had a plain wooden board with buttons to make it feel real, and he could look around and see the angles on his shots much better. But from board games, tv, theatre and a million other things, that's where I see the mass take up coming once the tech is there. Probably in four to five years when the techs better and people have got their heads around it. Any sort of future tech AR glasses would probably have a VR mode anyway.  

That was a bit of a brain shit. Apologies.
  • The tech is so young at the moment that just one clever gameplay or hardware innovation can blow any stupid futurology, like the above, out of the water anyway.
  • This thread has got me looking for PSVR bargains but there just isn't any to be had.
  • Just get it , it's amazing and there's already lots a great games . It's a pity you've already hammered Resident Evil.

I might have it mentioned it before but Werewolves Within is stunning .
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Just get it , it's amazing and there's already lots a great games . It's a pity you've already hammered Resident Evil.

I might have it mentioned it before but Werewolves Within is stunning .

Which games though dude? I'd want proper experiences akin to Resi, I can only see more kind of mini game type things.
  • Eve Valkyrie , RIGS, Battlezone and Driveclub. Admittedly most are experiences or 3-4 hour games .
  • Fuck yeah , Thumper is amazing in VR . I'm shite at it on the TV but in VR I'm more in the zone .

How could I forget Rez !!
  • £324 with camera. Tempting.
  • That's good

Do it do it do it do it !
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't do it!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You know it'll only get played for a few hours and then be an expensive dust gatherer.
  • Kow wrote:
    You know it'll only get played for a few hours and then be an expensive dust gatherer.

That's what's stopping me. With Switch, Horizon, Wildlands and Mass Effect next month I think I should still pass.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Trust in Gabe. Wait two years.
  • Fuck Switch
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Fuck Switch

Well realllllly I'm buying the means to play BotW.
  • Ahh , good reason . If I didn't have a WiiU I'd be going down that route
  • We all know, if this was xbone VR cocha would have elbowed both his grans in the face to get to Game on day 1 of release, even if the only game for it was E3 audience simulator - the demo
  • legaldinho wrote:
    We all know, if this was xbone VR cocha would have elbowed both his grans in the face to get to Game on day 1 of release, even if the only game for it was E3 audience simulator - the demo

Damn right,but that's because I could use it to play anything/everything even just as a second screen for the funz, but I only play exclusives on my PS4! And you better make sure e3 audience simulator gets a release now...
  • get a psvr now

play it for a few months, sell it while price is still high.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    This is a fun little thing...

That was in the other VR thread.

It's a work of true genius.
    Hope someone sponsors that dude.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    So as this 4D cinema thing has been derided by Tempy, I think I'd prefer the Hololens to the current generation of headsets.

I was intrigued by the likes of the Vive at first, but after a few attempts now, I don't like the idea of my head being enclosed within a sensory depriving bucket for any real length of time (i.e. the time it would take to complete Resi 7)...

A pair of lightweight spectacles with an AR capacity though would be ok by comparison, but it's still, primarily, an exclusive and antisocial form of technology.

Not that I'm the paragon of inclusion and social conduct, mind you...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I may have just bought PSVR, a camera and 2 move wands...£350 delivered total.
  • We should run a sweepstake on how long before you sell it...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • And a second on how long before he buys it again...
  • Damn you people know me too well....

My excuse is it'll get me just under that in trade for my Switch, Zelda and Horizon so no real loss if I don't want it long.....
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I may have just bought PSVR, a camera and 2 move wands...£350 delivered total.

Good deal , where from ? You've GOT to buy Werewolves Within - I order you !!!
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I may have just bought PSVR, a camera and 2 move wands...£350 delivered total.

Good deal , where from ? You've GOT to buy Werewolves Within - I order you !!!

Werewolves within it is! From eBay, I set myself a limit and managed to find one!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!