So what do you think of VR? (And have you tried Resi 7 in it?)
  • n0face wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Just received a VR sized windfall which has thrown my patient plans to wait for a Vive 2 into disarray. Seems like the worst time to buy first gen tech but worse than waiting with the money burning a hole in pocket?
    Do it, I've had more then my money's worth from the VIVE. I just upped my play space to 3.5x3.5 from 2.3x2.3 and it's a new experience all over again.

Hmm. Was hoping to be talked out of it. Is it still mainly demos and short stuff? Are there any proper games you play?
  • Wait and see what Valve are doing. There's bound to be an announcement at some point soon(ish). Also, the fairly uncomfy Vive headstrap is getting a decent upgrade soon. There's new controllers being developed too but when they come out is anybody's guess.
  • Could get PSVR and a Switch for the same monies.
  • You could, and yes it's mostly demos and short 'experiences' but no chance would I swap the VIVE for either or both. I just spent a couple of hours playing Gorn, unseen diplomacy and space pirate trainer with friend's and it's amazing.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    My mam likes the latest gaming fads (Bought Wii, DS, 3DS, Wii U). Talked to her about PSVR today, so she's currently ordering a PS4 Pro and PSVR. Will get to try it very shortly, hype as fuck.
  • She should buy it for her best boy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It'll be mine eventually, I've gone full machiavellian.
  • Mother and son love buying pros. Sweet.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If you weren't so posh and ergo me being in fear of my life being ruined, I'd spark you out mate.
  • I am not litigious.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It has arrived, I'll be trying it Monday. Get hype.
  • Ironwolf VR could be very special indeed. It's early access now but already designed to wow in VR. It's purposefully been designed for the minimum requirement for Vive room scale and each room in the submarine is precisely 2*1.5 m. There's only two rooms at the moment but they're adding a torpedo room for better use of three players. It sounds trivial but the ocean effects are superb. The juxtaposition of coming from the claustrophobic interior to stand on deck in the daylight of am unending sea is quite startling. It needed to be convincing and it really is. The periscope, that needs to be lowered, pivoted and peered through is wonderful. There's something amusing about realising the periscope view is of course, 2d. It's all rather brilliant and strange to play by yourself, all alone, but apparently better with more people working together.
  • And I really like it doesn't need any teleportation. When you open the door to one room to go in you exit as if you're closing the door on the other side, so you are always using the same room space.
  • For the folks with PSVR , There's some a sale on PSN and there's a few good deals . I'm gonna get Dirt Rally for £19.99.

I'll post in the VR thread as well
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • As I'm contemplating a PSVR purchase I had a look at a release schedule, just to see what's on the way. Made me chuckle that Japan will be getting Dead or Alive Extreme 3 VR....

......heads off to Play Asia.
  • They've already got something like that already
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    As I'm contemplating a PSVR purchase I had a look at a release schedule, just to see what's on the way. Made me chuckle that Japan will be getting Dead or Alive Extreme 3 VR.... ......heads off to Play Asia.

Is that the volleyboobs game?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    For the folks with PSVR , There's some a sale on PSN and there's a few good deals . I'm gonna get Dirt Rally for £19.99. I'll post in the VR thread as well

Thanks,  I've been waiting for Battlezone to be available at a not completely insane price.  At 50% off, I'm in.
  • It's great
  • It never occured to me that the social aspect of VR would be one of the best things about it. Just seeing a pair of hands and a head is very convincing. You can get a feel for it in the first few minutes of this video, especially when the stranger appears. It's absolutely brilliant with a fellow Badger. 

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Heh, brilliant. Waving through the periscope, what a champ.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!