So what do you think of VR? (And have you tried Resi 7 in it?)
  • 4d cinema is good if it's used incredibly lightly. I've only seen that once in 3-4 attempts, none of these in the UK.
  • The subtle elements were the best but I wouldn't take them over just sitting and watching the film. All in all it's far too much effort for the people who have to code the rigs to appropriately match the film in a way that is in any way cost effective or interesting enough to be much more than a novelty. Plus it's been around since the 90s, so maybe in 2020 we'll get a better version, like we have with VR at last.
  • What's the fourth dimension? Time?
  • The 4th D is for "defiling your wallet"
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Not sure if it's 4D that I actually have in mind.
    What I'm thinking of really, is this:

&

Which appears to be known as 7D.
    Not sure if it's in anyway real, however.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • So what demo's should I download? And do they have a seoerate PSVR demo list?
  • Dirt rally has a paid for vr rally update now on ps4!
  • Verecocha wrote:
    So what demo's should I download? And do they have a seoerate PSVR demo list?

I'd start with "Playstation VR Demo" as that has demos for the vast majority of stuff (Driveclub,RIGS,VR Worlds, Tumble VR, Rush of Blood, Here They Lie, Battlezone, EVE: Valkyrie, Headmaster, Wayward Sky, Harmonix Music VR, Job Simulator, Rez Infinite, Thumper and Allumette).

That should keep you busy for a bit. (Personally I enjoyed Rush of Blood, Battlezone, Rez and Thumper the most, but your mileage may vary, and it's worth trying them all.)

Download The Playroom too, as it has some nice little bits for showing off what the kit does, and is still I think the only thing that offers local multiplayer.  (Also, it's free.)

Of the remaining demos, Tethered is worth a look - basically a VR God game, it's not perfect but it's a nice alternative use of the tech.

Playstation Store does have a separate VR section, and you can then select for demos only - though weirdly this misses a bunch of them off...

Edit - And obviously Resident Evil 7: First Hour demo if you haven't got the game.  (And the Kitchen if you fancy something brief but unpleasant.)
  • Well...that was...AWESOME...Started downloading all you said, first thing to clear was the Kitchen demo.

Completed R7 3 times and got every achievement but that 5 minutes, even though I've seen the vid a number of times, was something else entirely...Everything else is downloading. The resolution leaves a lot to be desired on that first impression only of course, and I'm running it through the PS4Pro, but that was still very, very impressive.

It didn't come with the demo disc so I'll have to look for that somewhere or does the VR demo download have them all or just the demo's not on the EU disc?

Need to stay cool as it can fog rather quickly...
  • Download the US demo disc, it has more demos.

Regarding the Kitchen demo , it's not optimised for the pro - where as the beginning hour demo is and looks amazing .

Got Werewolves Within yet ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Not yet dude but it's on it's way! PSVR, also known as one of the best things ever.

Can the PSMove wands take charge from any mini USB cable? Don't have any so gonna look for cheap on the bay of E.
  • Dunno , not sure what type it is buts a chunky size. Same as the ps3 controller one

Impressed then :-)
  • Seriously impressed. Really enjoying most experiences. Until Dawn was terrific, as was Thumper, Eve: Valkyrie, Here they Lie, DriveClub really surprised me, only one I've not enjoyed was Rez....
  • Burn the WITCH
  • First time I've ever played it and I was sooooooo dissapointed.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If I buy PSVR can I just use it as a screen for normal games, would save me buying a telly
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Hmm. You can use it as a screen for normal games; I'm not sure whether it will let you set up PSVR without another screen though.
  • JMW wrote:
    Hmm. You can use it as a screen for normal games; I'm not sure whether it will let you set up PSVR without another screen though.

You can connect your Xbox , Sky into it . The 3d blu rays are supposed to be great when the new update drops
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    JMW wrote:
    Hmm. You can use it as a screen for normal games; I'm not sure whether it will let you set up PSVR without another screen though.

You can connect your Xbox , Sky into it . The 3d blu rays are supposed to be great when the new update drops

What did you just say about Xbox....that's aces, nice cinematic second screen just in case!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Is that sarcasm? Or will it simply work as a screen and speakers with any device that outputs hdmi
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It will
  • Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Is that sarcasm? Or will it simply work as a screen and speakers with any device that outputs hdmi

No not at all! It's a nice extra just in case!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wow, given the tinyness of the new place this becomes pretty much a must buy
  • No room for a TV , Is it a shoe box ?
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Wow, given the tinyness of the new place this becomes pretty much a must buy

Give it a good go before hand as it's good but it's not amazing. I'm not sure if my eyes are a little more used to 4K but it's not perfect.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    No room for a TV , Is it a shoe box ?

Almost, but it's Jess than half the price of the last place, so I can do the impossible, live in London and grow some savings

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Is Jess than half the price like the new Chalice?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wowsers, it's cheap, but it's not a chalice

So, can I plug my ps3 into it as well, being as I have a 60GB jobbie so can still play my old games, this really does sound like a must buy, it's already in shops so surely I can test one out in game or somewhere
  • I'd guess you could plug almost anything in as it's a HDMI but I'd wait for someone to be able to try for you just to make sure.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!