Zelda - spoils in the wild - THE SPOILER THREAD
  • I guess he thinks he's merely very good and not the second...hang on....
  • Yossarian wrote:
    All of this because I think a game is merely very good instead of the second coming of gaming Jesus.

Not at all mate! This is a forum where we discuss videogames, among other things. If you didn't want a discussion then why post it?

You're not the only one to have misgivings about target lock, hence the reason I asked you to explain why you don't like it and what a better way would be in your opinion. It's fascinated me for a while.

You've given me Ninja Gaiden and diddly squat all else.

I'm not down your throat in particular, I would be the same with anyone that posted similar. It's only natural for me to want to know why, otherwise, what's the flaming point in all this???
  • Also, Ninja Gaiden is a fast based, combo beat em up mainly. The kind of system you're on about just wouldn't work in something like Zelda or Dark Souls. You need to be able to see what enemies are up to. In Gaiden, enemies rush at you and are super aggressive. In Dark Souls you might have a few hanging back or giving you jip with projectiles. You need to be able to pick them out and plan your attack. Form strategies.

Ninja Gaiden on the whole was bouts of all out action that requires quick reflexes. That's why the auto lock on works in that game.

Different beasts mate.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FWIW, it's not just hacking and slashing either. Pretty much any shooting lock on is terrible and should be replaced by something else. Lock on as a whole simply feels clunky, as I say. A game which correctly (even most of the time) interprets my inputs and turns them into action will always be preferable to one in which action has to be forced in a particular direction.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Perhaps they are different beasts, one is a beast that feels clunky and outdated to me.
  • Get a handle of the controls better. They definitely aren't clunky mate.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They've been clunky for two decades now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But not necessarily a game killer for this style of game, as I've said.
  • Clunky lol. For your hands maybe.
  • I wish you'd both drop it, this is tiresome.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message

Now that I think about it, Ninja Gaiden may well have been the last 3rd person action game I really enjoyed. I've never really put two and two together, but I think pretty much everything else I've played since had lock-on. I suspect that these two things aren't unrelated.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    I wish you'd both drop it, this is tiresome.

I don't even care that much about the controls. I thought I was giving and honest answer to an honest question earlier. Apparently not.

Ah well.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:
    I wish you'd both drop it, this is tiresome.

I don't even care that much about the controls. I thought I was giving and honest answer to an honest question earlier. Apparently not.

Ah well.

Maybe you were but this whole back and forth has been going on for far too long.

You've made your points and I have no issue with that, Chalice seems to dislike your points and is intent on arguing with you about it. You keep arguing back, and so on.

Tiresome.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Apols. As I say, I'd given up before we reached this page but thought there was a genuine question which I was answering rather than arguing with.
  • It's a discussion. It's tiresome being told not to talk about something on a forum FFS.

It's an interesting debate to me. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Didn't think Yoss was getting that bothered by it but hey fucking ho. Why keep replying if it's an issue?

Once again people on here being silly over nothing.
  • How the fuck am I supposed to know I don't want to read the meandering repetitive tripe you pass of as discussion before I've read it?

Prior to this frankly pointless exchange between you two I was quite enjoying your comments about this game.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FWIW, this:
    Yossarian wrote:

Now that I think about it, Ninja Gaiden may well have been the last 3rd person action game I really enjoyed. I've never really put two and two together, but I think pretty much everything else I've played since had lock-on. I suspect that these two things aren't unrelated.

Was a bit of a revelation and will probably save me from spending money on games that I'm unlikely to enjoy, so it hasn't been entirely pointless for me.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    How the fuck am I supposed to know I don't want to read the meandering repetitive tripe you pass of as discussion before I've read it?

Prior to this frankly pointless exchange between you two I was quite enjoying your comments about this game.

Absolutely no need to be a prick about it. It might be a 'frankly pointless exchange' to you but I found it interesting.

Meandering, repetitive tripe?

Go fuck yourself on a motorway.
  • There's spoilers on the motorway ? For fucks sake
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • It's a discussion. It's tiresome being told not to talk about something on a forum FFS. It's an interesting debate to me. If you don't like it, don't read it.

This is reasonable. However...

Clunky lol. For your hands maybe.

...this isn't. This is where you stray from having a reasonable discussion that people are interested in reading, to breaking the forum rule. Now, there may not be an intention to break the rule, but from where I'm sitting, that's hard to see. Read that, and look for the bit of it where Yoss will feel compelled to engage in intelligent discussion.

Yossarian wrote:
    I'd be interested to hear the negatives you've held back on, Yoss. Shove them in a spoiler tag so folk can more easily skip it if they don't want to read it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

As for the combat, I can see the argument for auto-lock over user-controlled lock-on. thinking of, for example, Shadow of Mordor, Mad Max, or the Arkham games, which do a grand job of interpreting thumb-stick direction. That said, I think the enemies in those games are a different proposition to the enemies in, say, the Souls games or this. These enemies are smarter, and generally require more than just brute force with a little timing. I'm not sure how I'd feel about tackling the emergent situations arising from the enemy AI in BotW with the auto-lock of Mordor. I feel better able to break away, or target the tactically more imminent threat over the physically more immediate one. That's not to belittle the alternative; Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor are amongst my favourite games of all time, and I'm not saying Zelda would be shit if it took that approach, it would just be different.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm just delighted Yoss is playing a Nintendo game; you should have heard the shit he was saying in London. I'll never look at Funky Kong the same way again
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'll have you know that I owned a Game and Watch in the 80s.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm just delighted Yoss is playing a Nintendo game; you should have heard the shit he was saying in London. I'll never look at Funky Kong the same way again

Is that why you got so pissed ?

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No that's because I'm a lightweight you should have seen the shit he was saying. I was defending Candy Kong no matter what
  • She is a tart
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Having had to start to start the game again, I found a ton of Koroks in the Plateau. Didn't even realise they existed first time around.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message

Makes me smile when I find one of the Koroks, there was a particularly sneaky one on the plateau. You need to have a high level of curiosity to find them.
    Things can only get better.
  • A few times I have found something odd looking, nearly walked away then remembered that it is probably a Korok hidey hole.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Makes me smile when I find one of the Koroks, there was a particularly sneaky one on the plateau. You need to have a high level of curiosity to find them.

I found him looking for the 3rd/4th Shrines. Sneaky bugger.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Do their voices remind anyone else of the Patapon?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!