Zelda - spoils in the wild - THE SPOILER THREAD
  • That would be all kinds of weird.
    Where would I put my Sheikha Slate!?!
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Big Spoiler, broken down so if you're tempted to look you'll have time to back out:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Update:

Spoiler:
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Stumbled across my first guardian last night. It didn't end well. :(
  • I found my first
    Spoiler:
    last night and spent the rest of the evening hunting the others.
    3 hours and I didn't come across a single other one!
    I did however
    Spoiler:
    and then through my travels came across the rather stunning
    Spoiler:

I've given up with following quest markers, I'm just enjoying exploring and creating my own adventure.
    This game is everything I ever wanted from a Zelda game.

Actually it's everything I ever wanted from an adventure game full stop
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Is this the first Zelda game where (game mechanic spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • I gather it is. But have a think about how we're supposed to know how safe it is to click on that spoiler. If, indeed, it needs to be spoiler tagged.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yep, I have no clue what might be contained within any of the spoiler tags in Wookie and Hodge's posts and I have no idea how I'm supposed to know whether or not it's safe for me to click on them.
  • True. Will fix sorry.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    From the other thread:

My reply to Chalice's points. Not much of a spoiler, but just in case:
    Spoiler:
  • You've not even scratched the surface yet. All those things 'piled on top' take this from being merely excellent to a masterpiece.

It is a Zelda game though, what do you want? A Halo game?

I'm struggling to think of anything I could improve upon after playing the game extensively.

It's almost saddening to think there may not be another game this great for another ten years. The work that has gone onto it is staggering. Every little thing has been thought about, and polished to incredible levels.

You're a diamond Yoss, but sometimes it seems you're being contrary for the sake of it. :)
  • At least there will be DLC Chalice.
  • You're a diamond Yoss, but sometimes it seems you're being contrary for the sake of it. :)

Maybe ease up a bit, Chalice. If it's not for him, it's not for him. I get the feeling that he's a bit disappointed he doesn't like it, given how well it's going down with others. Pouring salt on it won't help anyone.

I'd be interested to hear the negatives you've held back on, Yoss. Shove them in a spoiler tag so folk can more easily skip it if they don't want to read it.
  • I can understand the feeling of not really progressing. I had a mammoth session on this on Saturday night but for the first few hours I felt like I was hitting brick walls.
    However my progress in one area ended up aiding me in another and the pieces fell into place.

I think it is important in this to realise when you are banging your head against a wall, open the quest menu and choose something else to do. The journey there will inevitably throw up even more things to do.

I have completed one of the 4 major tasks and it really felt like each segment had a different difficulty level and was designed so you chip away at it rather than going off, doing that bit, then the next bit etc. Makes it much less of a box ticking exercise.
  • For sure.

Don't wanna offend Yoss it's just I get that impression at times. Sorry Yossling.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    In the recent past zelda games have forced kill rooms everywhere but I played a bit yesterday which completely threw me.
    Spoiler:

A refreshing change up.
    Spoiler:

Yeah I think so.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    You're a diamond Yoss, but sometimes it seems you're being contrary for the sake of it. :)

Maybe ease up a bit, Chalice. If it's not for him, it's not for him. I get the feeling that he's a bit disappointed he doesn't like it, given how well it's going down with others. Pouring salt on it won't help anyone.

I'd be interested to hear the negatives you've held back on, Yoss. Shove them in a spoiler tag so folk can more easily skip it if they don't want to read it.
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Oh, also, I still can't quite believe that we continue to have third person games with lock on mechanics in 2017.
  • What's the matter with that? Once you get the hang of it, I think it's essential. It's weird at first, because you have full control of the camera still, but the lock on is properly handy for keeping track of enemies that dart behind cover or fall off a ledge. You'll see.

I fail to see how not having lock on would make things better in combat?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It feels to me like a hangover from the early days of 3D action games, originally designed for a controller with just one analogue stick, sand that more fluid and natural-feeling control schemes are now available.
  • Can't see how a game like dark souls would be better without target lock on.

Example of a better third person control scheme/camera these days?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ninja Gaiden would be a start.

Incidentally, I didn't get on with DS either.
  • Ninja Gaiden???

Are you joking? A game that on release was critisised for having a god awful camera?

This is not convincing Yoss.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Ninja Gaiden would be a start. Incidentally, I didn't get on with DS either.

He hates you too so nerr
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ninja Gaiden???

Are you joking? A game that on release was critisised for having a god awful camera?

This is not convincing Yoss.

Ninja Gaiden, a game that was praised on release for the quality of it's 3D, punchy, scrolly, hacky, slashy action (despite occasional camera issues).

But yes, that's an aside anyway. I will put up with this stuff if the rest is good enough.
    Yossarian wrote:
    Ninja Gaiden would be a start. Incidentally, I didn't get on with DS either.

He hates you too so nerr
    Wub.

<3
  • Yoss, your issue with target lock on is baffling to me. Please explain to me how not having the ability to lock on to a foe is in any way better than actually having the option?

It's down to choice. It's there if you want it. You can go through whole game without if you like, though seems a bit mad to me. I can't think of a single instance where I would not want to track my enemy, unless I was on a very thin walkway and there was a death drop either side. Then I would simply not use the function. It makes it easier to do ranged combat too, infrared of looking like a numpty firing off arrows into nothing, I at least have chance of hitting my target. It also makes the action look cinematic, and you can roll and dodge with ease.

Ninja Gaiden was brilliant. I loved it. But its camera system is as old and dated as the game itself.

I think maybe you're a little set in your ways with this stuff. I'll go out there and say it: I've never seen a better way to frame third person action and combat than with the target lock on feature in modern videogames.

There's a perfect example of it in the latest Zelda, I'm yet to find any issue with it. It works perfectly.

Use it or don't, but please explain your issue I'm fascinated.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It's a clunky system that can and has been improved by competently designed auto-lock systems. If the only issue with Gaiden was the camera, work on improving the camera. The aiming system worked.

But, as I say this bit doesn't even bother me much, so I don't know why you're demanding an explanation of this, beyond the fact that you've been jumping down my goddamn throat all day.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    All of this because I think a game is merely very good instead of the second coming of gaming Jesus.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    gaming Jesus.

Love that guy.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He's alright.

*ducks*
  • Explain what your problem with gaming Jesus is Yoss.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!