Zelda - spoils in the wild - THE SPOILER THREAD
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Any tips on cooking? I've found some basic dishes, but when I attempt anything more complicated, it tends to turn out bad.
    Don't use anything that isn't normal food, unless your making an elixir. All food-only recipes produce great results.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Your 2nd, I don't know, but I reckon a lot now I know what they do. Found 6 so far.

Ref your 3rd, check the old mans hut.

Not sure if you need to fin the main quest in that area 1st, but I went back later & it had goodness in it.

Can you direct me to old man hut
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This looks about right from memory:

Spoiler:
  • If you've spoken to him, I'm sure it was marked on the map...
  • Yossy got it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    If you've spoken to him, I'm sure it was marked on the map...
    Why does everyone else's map seem to be so much more useful than mine?
  • Not showing up on mine as a mark either. Took me ages to find one of the ingredients though after I  already used it to "come up with a new recipaaaay"
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Oh, I never have that much showing up on mine, but I thought his was one of the few. Maybe not. Maybe he told me where it was. Or did I just find it en route to one of the shrines? There's so much going on...

On that note, I've read books a few times that seemed to be indicating side missions, but nothing appeared in my mission menu. Should I be taking notes?
  • Has anyone been to
    Spoiler:
    ?

That's awesome.
    The
    Spoiler:
    quest is just brilliant
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • So many little things in this, I love it.
    Just little touches like...
    Spoiler:
  • Just managed the Ne'ez Yohma Shrine (dubbed 'Pushing Power'), which involves balls rolling down a watery slope. Having thought I'd worked out what to do, I executed it after a few failed attempts. As I finished... nothing happened. I'd put the wrong thing in the wrong place. Only then did I see what I was supposed to use, and my work couldn't be reversed. Had to die to reset the shrine and start again. Cue more failed attempts until I got it.

I'm really enjoying the absence of hand holding. No cut-scenes explicitly pointing out the key parts of a shrine to be tackled, just an "on you go, then," and leaving you to think about the tools at your disposal, and try different combinations.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's kind of Nintendo Witcher.
  • I gave up on that one earlier Andy so well done for doing it.
    I will go back to it later.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Anyone else felt like murdering Magda and her damn flowers? It's pouring with rain, I can barely see the damn things.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Also, how the hell do you get a horse? I've been trudging around on foot all day and it's getting tedious.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Haven't you found
    Spoiler:
  • I keep finding pinwheels (paper windmills) next to tree stumps. I've got a feeling they're signifying something, but I can't find a way to interact with them. Disappointingly, wafting the big leaf at them did sweet eff-ay. It didn't even make them spin faster, which is a rare oversight by the devs.

Yossarian wrote:
    Also, how the hell do you get a horse? I've been trudging around on foot all day and it's getting tedious.
    Where to find them:
    Spoiler:

What to do then:
    Spoiler:

And then:
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I found one, but could only look. I think I've just discovered a second.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sorry, that was at Kow.

Cheers Adam, I'll have a go.
  • I'd choose travel on foot anyway.Don't really enjoy horse riding in this.
  • Andy wrote:
    I keep finding pinwheels (paper windmills) next to tree stumps. I've got a feeling they're signifying something, but I can't find a way to interact with them.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • I feel like I am pressing on a lot faster than most, certainly a lot faster than those on the plateau.

Completed my first dungeon proper. It was brilliant.
  • I have about half the map plotted through towers now, nowhere near explored that land though.

I need to do some village quests and secure an easy way of sourcing health items.

I have been wowed so many times, it is a ridiculous game.

If anyone is feeling it is getting samey then branch out, make a b line for a major quest point. You will see so much on the way.

Not that I want to tell people How To play the game but I worry people may burn out by trying to 100% the opening area.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I just went back to the Plateau to deal with the secret:
    Spoiler:

I havent left the plateau yet but stumbled across this by accident.

Was quite surprised and moved on quickly.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'm still on the plateau. Anyone got any idea how to make the meal for the old man so he'll give you a jacket for the cold? Found a journal that alluded to such in a cabin.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just look at title of recipe and get those 3 things.
  • Kow wrote:

Yep. That puzzle made me feel like an idiot.
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS I FOUND
    (This is a big thing)
    Spoiler:

But
    Spoiler:

because
    Spoiler:
  • Vela wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Yep. That puzzle made me feel like an idiot.
    Spoiler:

I think I may have fucked it. I've made the recipe now but I've just seen the cutscenes with the old man where he gives you the paraglide and now he's disappeared so don't know where to get the coat from!
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!