Zelda - spoils in the wild - THE SPOILER THREAD
  • regmcfly wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Sorry Reg, could you make the title of this thread even more obvious because I've already clicked on it twice accidentally? Yes, I'm stupid, but anyway.
    Done
    Ta.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Still in starting area. Can't find the fucking
    Spoiler:
  • Kow wrote:
    Still in starting area. Can't find the fucking
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ok, cheers.
  • Just done two reallllly hard shrines that I think I found a little early but wouldn't give up on.
  • My entry into the Ha Dahamar Shrine.
    Spoiler:
  • Andy wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    People are too tempted to look. I dont know what people do but my idea of etiquette is to give a description of the spoiler so people can decide if they want to click it.
    Good luck getting folk here to do that. I've been mentioning it every now and then for years.

Yeah I wasn't sure what the habits were here but I can only control my posts. I'll keep out of this thread for the time being.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Anyone else got caught in a thunder storm yet?
  • cindemon wrote:
    My entry into the Ha Dahamar Shrine.
    Spoiler:

I did that one by
    Spoiler:
  • Anyone else got caught in a thunder storm yet?

I had some buildup but it disippated too quick.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • This is a non story spoiler but it's a little side quest and wandering story that I came across which is brilliant. Few hours in and no idea how to come across it but what a great tale.
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My favourite moment so far has come just when you're off on your way to the first main objective after leaving the great plateau (context for spoils)
    Spoiler:
  • Oooh, hadn't found that one yet. Found a few of them though.
    Spoiler:
  • I've found a recipe for something warming but the silly old codger who wrote it has forgotten one of the ingredients. Am I just meant to keep bashing away making different dishes until I stumble on the missing ingredient or is there more nuance to finding things like that out?
    It's pretty early on btw.
    If I have to throw enough shit till it sticks I may be buying myself a guide - my life doesn't have enough room for bobbins like that.
  • I know where you are but can't remember the recipe itself.
    There are items that say they offer warmth in their description. If the other ingredients don't specify warmth or heat or whatever then I would suggest hunting out an ingredient that does.

If it helps, there are multiple ways of doing things, assuming you want to go somewhere cold.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I won't give the whole thing away, but he gives two of the three ingredients in the book. The last shouldn't be too hard to work out.
  • Has the dungeon design at least evolved past lock and key bullshit into something more dastardly? Not like DROD-dastardly but something requiring brains and physical skill.
  • Will let you know when I get to one.
    Played 6 or so hours last night, towards the end I made a deliberate attempt to go to where a dungeon will likely be and if that is where it is then I will be dungeoning next time I play.

The shrines work like separated versions of puzzle rooms from other Zelda dungeons.
  • I've found a recipe for something warming but the silly old codger who wrote it has forgotten one of the ingredients. Am I just meant to keep bashing away making different dishes until I stumble on the missing ingredient or is there more nuance to finding things like that out?
    If I have to throw enough shit till it sticks I may be buying myself a guide - my life doesn't have enough room for bobbins like that.

If you just wanna know and not work it out dude you need
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Has the dungeon design at least evolved past lock and key bullshit into something more dastardly? Not like DROD-dastardly but something requiring brains and physical skill.

Without saying more, yes. You should look at the shrines online
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I've found a recipe for something warming but the silly old codger who wrote it has forgotten one of the ingredients. Am I just meant to keep bashing away making different dishes until I stumble on the missing ingredient or is there more nuance to finding things like that out?

If you just wanna know and not work it out dude you need
    Spoiler:

Thanks! You're my hero (of time).

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The title of the recipe makes it fairly clear what you need.
  • Kow wrote:
    The title of the recipe makes it fairly clear what you need.

Yup, with hindsight I now feel like an idiot.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Any tips on cooking? I've found some basic dishes, but when I attempt anything more complicated, it tends to turn out bad.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Any tips on cooking? I've found some basic dishes, but when I attempt anything more complicated, it tends to turn out bad.

I've been told a few recipes and that's all
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Okay, I've got a couple of questions regarding the great plateau. I'm well off it, but feel I've missed hunners. So three questions below.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Your 2nd, I don't know, but I reckon a lot now I know what they do. Found 6 so far.

Ref your 3rd, check the old mans hut.

Not sure if you need to fin the main quest in that area 1st, but I went back later & it had goodness in it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can't answer the first 2, but number 3 is a yes, for the very example you gave.
  • Regarding that recipe, I hadn't done it when I triggered the bigger event with that character. When I went back to the cottage, the item in question was freely available in a chest.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I just went back to the Plateau to deal with the secret:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!