Superhero Films: Will They Ever Take Off?
  • Hahaha good point!

Yeah maybe it’s time to temper expectations, like maybe it’s all just super quick cameo stuff as he falls through dimensions or something. Like in Deadpool 2 when he keeps asking where all the other X men are...
  • Sooo I was totally underwhelmed by the finale. It was fine.
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Superfly, you did watch the entire thing right? Also the two cutscenes at the end?

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thank god. Someone else in this thread talking sense. Agree with all your points Ninja.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Superfly, you did watch the entire thing right? Also the two cutscenes at the end?

They really don’t make up or change any of what Ninja (and myself) said. This was an average show start to finish that only had Bettany doing a nice mix of comedy and emotion.

Perhaps KKK Vision (great name!) has gone to find Wanda a soul?

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Boris and Ninja confirmed as being Skrulls.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Spoiler:

Agreed
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Spoiler:

Yep. And further to Ninja’s points:
    Spoiler:
  • Yup I caught both mid credit scenes. EDIT : I agree with Yoss about the kids and the focus being on Vision.
    Spoiler:
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Probably want to spoiler that as it does give away how this is resolved.

Although, re that:

Spoiler:
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Is there anyone looking at this thread who hasn't watched it (and actually cares)?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No idea. Maybe?
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    TURNS OUT THEY'RE ALL GHOSTS!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Spoiler:

Edit: Moved this to the spoiler thread
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    He's a New Yorker. They don't care what happens to New Jersey.
    Spoiler:

Buddy, this is an intervention...you need to let it go.

• Show me where the bad director touched you.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    To be fair; it's not just him, there are others on the forum who feel the same way. (not me)
  • Are you sure not you? Think we need to unrepress some of those traumatic Johnson memories franko

• Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    He just took my penis and threw it away over his shoulder like it was nothing. :'(
  • Will never understand the hatred to that film, personally. I thought it was really good... better than the first (new trilogy) one. I also liked rogue one a bunch, that was probably my fave despite some terrible acting putting me off at the start.

I liked the films a lot as a youngster but never revered them I guess, so just enjoy them for what they are and don’t think too hard about it. Must be like when people tell me endgame was a much better film than infinity war... I know it’s just a stupid comic book film about super heroes vs aliens but COME ON you pricks what’s wrong with you.
  • woo. 2021's big cinematic universe crossover event - The Last Jedi argument in the super hero movie thread. I'm up for this.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
    Spoiler:
    Buddy, this is an intervention...you need to let it go.
    hehe :) Nah ole RJ is a running joke for me now. Big cuddles for Rian.
  • Will never understand the hatred to that film, personally. I thought it was really good... better than the first (new trilogy) one. I also liked rogue one a bunch, that was probably my fave despite some terrible acting putting me off at the start. I liked the films a lot as a youngster but never revered them I guess, so just enjoy them for what they are and don’t think too hard about it. Must be like when people tell me endgame was a much better film than infinity war... I know it’s just a stupid comic book film about super heroes vs aliens but COME ON you pricks what’s wrong with you.

I'd take Infinity War over End Game. Sure, End Game has some great moments but I think for what the MCU represents, Infinity War is probably the high point. Not saying it's the "best" film they've done but in terms of bringing everything together, action sequences that have a purpose and character moments it is hard to to IW.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I'm deffo team Endgame. I like the slower pace giving it time to build the mood and focus on the main story. Infinity War felt like a string of unrelated action scenes and plot points, which was entertaining enough but didn't make much of an impact.
  • I'm deffo team Endgame. I like the slower pace giving it time to build the mood and focus on the main story. Infinity War felt like a string of unrelated action scenes and plot points, which was entertaining enough but didn't make much of an impact.

Completely different feel for it. Really felt like it paid off all the build up in a proper way. Near everyone got a moment and there was a great doomsday feel to everything. 

Having said all that, I might give Endgame another re-watch.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!