Superhero Films: Will They Ever Take Off?
  • Generally though, I’m with you guys. In the same way that Marvel managed to introduce actual gods (Thor) and aliens (Guardians of the Galaxy, then Captain Marvel) into what had been a grounded fictional world, this was very much about introducing magic as a ‘thing’, where Doc Strange had felt very much like a one-off, eventually explained away neatly by the power stones.
  • I don’t think the story made total sense, mind you. And that’s not like Marvel. Mainly Agnes, really …
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Spoiler:
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Spoiler:

See, that makes it internally consistent. Okay. But it doesn’t give any motivation. I don’t get the ‘why’, if you see what I mean.
    Spoiler:
  • I don’t know if it’s really explained how she got in there or how she knew about it. The Vision and the two witches were really good in the last couple of episodes. That central story was really well done.

The problems with it come from being overlong. The early episodes were a bit tedious. The extra characters they added didn’t add all that much. And considering how much time they spent on them, they gave them naff all to do at the end. Seemed like a real rush job at the end, which is strange given the obvious care and effort they’ve put into the show in other areas.

Rambo was a dumb addition really. Just starts being a total don with her powers straightaway. Doesn’t even seem phased by having them. And no explanation why she can just walk through the hex when trucks can’t drive.

Good idea, nailed the main bits of what it was doing, slightly fucked by the Disney corporate machine padding it out and inserting five million spin-off ideas.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It'll be interesting to see what Falcon and the Winter Soldier is like. We all talked about 'Marvel bloat' with the Netflix series and there was a bit of that with WandaVision but you could also explain that away with the mix of decade-of-the-week and ongoing plotline episodes just naturally making it a bit long-winded. If the next miniseries are the same, it will be a bit concerning.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You're all in here giving it big MCU vibes when the best thing of the whole series was drunk chewing gum Vision.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So at the end what happened to Agatha? It made no sense.
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Hopefully he went for a paint job.
  • White Vision is my Parler handle.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Like I genuinely don't know what else he had on his plate at that time which was more important to him
  • Had to find a spin-off to show up in.
  • Like I genuinely don't know what else he had on his plate at that time which was more important to him

Maybe he wanted to find out what happened to his creator, Tony stark. Maybe there will be a link up with hulk banner as well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • That was ok, echoing earlier sentiments about the too slow pace of the first few episodes. Well thats the first steps into phase 4.

I think this will be a tricky one for Marvel. No more Iron Man, no more Captain America. A fish out of water phase 3 movie in "Black Widow".

The release schedule (below) isnt really getting my pulse racing. Is the Eternals the overarching story arc for this phase like the infinity gaunlet was for phase 3?

The name of the character whos supposedly the main villian for phase 4 has leaked. Whether thats true or not remains to be seen.

January 15, 2021 – WandaVision TV

March 19, 2021 - The Falcon and the Winter Soldier TV

May 2021 – Loki TV

May 7, 2021 – Black Widow

July 9, 2021 – Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Mid-2021 – What If... TV

November 5, 2021 – Eternals

December 17, 2021 – Spider-Man 3 (not the official title)

Late 2021 – Hawkeye TV

Late 2021 – Ms Marvel TV

March 25, 2022 – Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

May 6, 2022 – Thor: Love and Thunder

July 8, 2022 – Black Panther 2

November 11, 2022 – Captain Marvel 2

2022 TBC – Moon Knight TV

2022 TBC – She-Hulk TV

2023 TBC – Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

2023 TBC – Guardians of the Galaxy 3
  • Seems optimistic with those film dates if they're still coming out in cinemas.
  • Also the superior analogy for who the real Vision is is Trigger’s Broom and they’re cowards for pretending otherwise.
  • monkey wrote:
    Seems optimistic with those film dates if they're still coming out in cinemas.

Yeah im sure the cinema releases will probably slide until they are allowed to get enough bums on seats back in the cinema to recoup their costs and make a good profit.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    You're all in here giving it big MCU vibes when the best thing of the whole series was drunk chewing gum Vision.
    The talent show and the ship of Theseus were the only bits I went back and rewatched.

Saw someone saying WandaVision took 2 characters barely on their radar and made them their favourites in the MCU.  This is what they need to do for X-Men/Mutants. Give each character at least one whole episode of their own to explore their personality and backstory.  Worst thing about the Fox movies was they reduced a lot of good characters to set dressing.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    The release schedule (below) isnt really getting my pulse racing.

That just looks exhausting, all laid out together.

The only thing I’ve seen on the hype train that catches my interest is the announcement of Tatiana Maslany playing She-Hulk. I’d been wondering what her next big role would be after tour de force she put in for Orphan Black.
  • I’m just annoyed it looks like the new blade film will be much later than I thought. I likes me some blade, and with Mahershala Ali involved I’m super excited to see what they do. Also am hoping there’s a nod/post credit etc to it in the next Spider-man.

I get they have always been ‘their own thing’ but it’s annoying how Feige/Disney pick and choose what’s cannon and what’s not for MCU. Ali in the Luke Cage show was incredible, but obviously they don’t consider it part of the MCU as they have the same actors playing new roles. Like Daredevil and all other Netflix stuff, or agents of shield (the darkhold looks very different in this now) of the runaways... I guess I’m glad as I didn’t get too invested in them all?
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    The release schedule (below) isnt really getting my pulse racing.
    That just looks exhausting, all laid out together. The only thing I’ve seen on the hype train that catches my interest is the announcement of Tatiana Maslany playing She-Hulk. I’d been wondering what her next big role would be after tour de force she put in for Orphan Black.
    I'm only looing forward to the ones from directors I like: Sam Raimi, Taika Waititi, James Gunn.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m just annoyed it looks like the new blade film will be much later than I thought. I likes me some blade, and with Mahershala Ali involved I’m super excited to see what they do. Also am hoping there’s a nod/post credit etc to it in the next Spider-man.

I get they have always been ‘their own thing’ but it’s annoying how Feige/Disney pick and choose what’s cannon and what’s not for MCU. Ali in the Luke Cage show was incredible, but obviously they don’t consider it part of the MCU as they have the same actors playing new roles. Like Daredevil and all other Netflix stuff, or agents of shield (the darkhold looks very different in this now) of the runaways... I guess I’m glad as I didn’t get too invested in them all?

I can see why the Netflix stuff may become non-canon owing to rights issues, but surely the rest of it remains canon?
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Expecting viewers (and writers) to catch up with 200+ episodes of middling-to weak TV to understand the movies might put people off.  Then again they could always just say the TV stuff is "a similar but different parallel universe," and cherry pick.

I think Netflix Daredevil is the most likely to make the leap to big budget (after analogue Jarvis).
  • Isn't Charlie Cox in the new Spider-Man?
  • Yup. Would watch more of that show.

Also want Iron Fist back despite it being irredeemable shite.
  • Iron Fist looked like it was just getting going when they nixed it.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Heard all kinds of rumours about characters appearing in Spider-Man 3, but I'm inclined not to take them seriously after the Ralph Boner incident.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!