Superhero Films: Will They Ever Take Off?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dino - give me your reckons on who you think
    Spoiler:
    is.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Fuck Gav.  It gives me half an hour to myself in the playroom with a sandwich and some crisps on a Saturday and I'll take that.
    Fuck you and your sandwich but at least you're posting in the relevant thread and not having us have two convos about the shite in two different threads eh
  • God bless The Auralnauts.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Fuck Gav.  It gives me half an hour to myself in the playroom with a sandwich and some crisps on a Saturday and I'll take that.
    Fuck you and your sandwich but at least you're posting in the relevant thread and not having us have two convos about the shite in two different threads eh

Can't hear you, too busy posting in the other thread.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Spoiler:
    is.
    Spoiler:
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Vanity Fair writer oddly seems to have amongst the best punts at the big reveal. 

Click the linky if you want to see what she's researched and had a think about it all. Seems fair enough and perfectly plausible to me. 

Not a big fan of this Wanda silliness really but it's lockdown so whatcha gonna do?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • It's String Man, isn't it?
  • Can't go wrong with a bit of String Theory.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Seems to be sticking pretty close to House of M comic so far so I'd imagine it'll stay there for the next two hours. 

It needs to linky link into a bit of Spiderman 73 fillum due out soon so multiverse is set and Dr Strange needs a baddy to take out in his big release as well. Getting an actual 'big' person to fill that role seems sensible..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Spoiler:
    is.
    Spoiler:

Ohhhhhh not
    Spoiler:
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Spoiler:
    is.
    Spoiler:
    Ohhhhhh not
    Spoiler:
    Still find it hard to believe Disney would allow
    Spoiler:
    into their big cash cow.
  • isanbard wrote:
    Vanity Fair writer oddly seems to have amongst the best punts at the big reveal. 

Click the linky if you want to see what she's researched and had a think about it all. Seems fair enough and perfectly plausible to me. 

Not a big fan of this Wanda silliness really but it's lockdown so whatcha gonna do?

Thats a interesting speculative read. If it really is
    Spoiler:

Also a answer to the aspect ratio question (not a spoiler in of itself).

First of all, Marvel chief Kevin Feige told Vanity Fair’s Still Watching podcast at the beginning of the season that viewers might want to keep an eye on the shifting aspect ratios on the show. For the uninitiated, that’s a reference to the black bars on the top, bottom, and sides of the screen. Series director Matt Shakman used different aspect ratios to convey the different eras of television but, most pertinently, he reserved an extra-widescreen look for whenever we, the viewer, are in what we should consider reality. Now, usually that widescreen was reserved for action outside the Hex bubble, e.g., at SWORD base camp. But occasionally we’ve seen glimpses of this ratio inside the Hex. At the end of this episode, for example,
    Spoiler:
    you can see the black bars of the frame slide in as she stumbles onto the truth of her situation.
  • I hadn't even noticed that at all.
  • I hadn't even noticed that at all.

I did and i asked my missus but she hadnt noticed it either.
  • I noticed it when
    Spoiler:
    I think
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    You don’t get that in Eastenders!
    Things can only get better.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I noticed it when
    Spoiler:
    I think

I definitely noticed it then.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I thought it was weird they used 16:9 widescreen for the 80s episode. Did they have widescreen teles back then?
  • I thought it was weird they used 16:9 widescreen for the 80s episode. Did they have widescreen teles back then?

Yes, but only the 12 richest King's of Europe had them.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm hooked on Ventures Bros again.
    The entire run is on All4 now.

If you are into superhero stuff and don't mind the riffing/parody its well worth a watch.
    The take on Fantastic Four is brilliantly tragic.

Season 1 is more "What happens when Johnny Quest gets old?" But season 2 really picks up the super stuff and also adds a psychotic middle aged Johnny Quest for good measure.

By season 4 the buerocratic nature of heros and villians is in full flight with The Guild of Calamitous Intent representing the villians but acting more like the U.N or the E.U.

The puns also run strong like all good comic book characters. A favourite being an early menace who looks like a floating body and head but with invisible super powered appendages who goes by the name of Phantom Limb.
    Limb spends much of his time in a love triangle between himself, Dr Girlfriend and The Monarch, The Monarch being the Guild's appointed arch villian for the Ventures, an angry buffoon themed around butterflies.
  • That does sound appealing.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    WandaVision
    No real spoiler here but,
    Spoiler:
  • I keep meaning to watch Venture Bros - plus some of the other Adult Swim stuff that seems to have been hidden away.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • V.Bros is good fun. It does take a little bit of time to settle into it as its not reallyt like other stuff. 
    Also the pilot (EP.1) isnt great, it is from the time when shows had actual pilot episodes made on lower budgets.
  • So, Ep8 of WandaVision...
    Spoiler:
  • I just caught up on Wandavision and … well … I’m not up on how Marvel/Disney are handling their licensing and crossovers these days, but is there a link with Helstrom?
    Spoiler:
  • Nah, don't think so. Helstrom had a "troubled" production, was practically disowned by Marvel, and then canned by them at the end of last year.
  • I shouldn’t expect a second season then, gotcha.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    So, Ep8 of WandaVision...
    Spoiler:

I mean, it was good but the ending...
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    So, Ep8 of WandaVision...
    Spoiler:

I mean, it was good but the ending...
    Spoiler:

Thought this was gonna be about the in credits ending tbh!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!