Prey - System Shock meets Metroid by Arkane
  • see my end game spoiler up page tempy, would like to know

Did he finish it? I was just under the impression he'd finished deep storage...rather than the whole game. Could be wrong, though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    oh shit, edited post in case lol
  • Crisis averted. Everyone can calm down now.
  • I should stop reading this thread...

Do you get anything for finding all the peeps?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I should stop reading this as well, my games to buy list is already getting close to my pile of shame last. Been giving hints to B about this one, might be something he'd enjoy as well, but he's busy with Hollow Knight or Forest or something. Didn't help that Dishonored didn't run that well on the laptop (while it should do that).
  • I think I've read this has been better optimised for PC than the dishonered games were
  • I adore this game. Have said that already. Only 4 or 5 hours in. Won't be able to play until tomorrow probably. Actually, can squeeze an hour in tonight. Probably.

I'll keep you updated.

equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I've really enjoyed most of this but I think it's telling that when presented with a fight/long section of avoiding a Technopath which I've died to twice, I've just saved and quit because I can't be fuckin' bothered.

Game is largely a lot of fun, but when it chucks a humourless blob with fat health at you it reveals just how lacklustre the weaponry feels to use.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Get that shotty to max and wreck tings
  • I have but he's got like 3 turrets or something and he's floating out of effective range and I just cannot be bothered.

I'll give it this caveat: I made a mistake accidentally following the main story and now I have like 12 secondary objectives that I'd rather be doing but the main story has annexed me off from it and it's just really annoying. 

For all the amazing "play how you want!" stuff, there's a big fucking padlock put on certain things at times. I've enjoyed my time with it but it's not sustaining the wonder that it unlocked for me after that initial bumpy first section. It's all becoming pretty rote and irritating. 

Like Isolation, i'd love to see it over at this point, but I get the idea there's a decent chunk left. I really like its good points - they're really refreshing - but there's some frustrating design decisions going on elsewhere and the ability to climb around with the GLOO gun or turn into a cup to get into a small space isn't enough to stymie the other issues it has.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Do the thing I did:
    Spoiler:
  • No neuromods because I've been locked out of the rest of the fuckin' station.
  • I am reloading it to persevere.

Edit: lasted 30 minutes. Really fuckin' done with the shooting now.
  • Finally got some more time with this after an intense first week at the new job. In crew quarters, first I've come across other 'living' crew members.
  • This game is so freaking good. The station is massive. I believe there are multiple endings as I could have ended a while ago, but I didn't want that ending. Plus too much exploring left to do.
  • Is it the sort of game where you get pummeled by high level enemies in one sector, but it gives you the ability to return once you've 'leveled-up' and tooled-up?  I like stuff like that.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Is it the sort of game where you get pummeled by high level enemies in one sector, but give you the ability to return once you've 'leveled-up' and tooled-up?  I like stuff like that.

Slightly, but that isn't in here much. There's one particular enemy that that tactic can work with.
  • 27hrs played so far. Damn.
  • I 'finished' it earlier by
    Spoiler:
    Got an achievement for doing so too!
  • I was going to do that, but got distracted. I've now killed
    Spoiler:
  • Considering how much I can get fucked up by a regular enemy I am concerned about my ability to handle anything tougher!
    Although I should stop reading this thread. Technopath whaaaaaaaaa.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I was going to do that, but got distracted. I've now killed
    Spoiler:

I think I've got the same, maybe 4. Can't help but end them whenever I find them! Total waste as they've hardly got anything but still!
    Considering how much I can get fucked up by a regular enemy I am concerned about my ability to handle anything tougher!
    Although I should stop reading this thread. Technopath whaaaaaaaaa.

It's a strange one for combat. Sometimes I can end 3 or 4 of the tougher enemies that spawn one after another, other times a sneaky greater mimic and I will have a wrench fight and I'll get destroyed!
  • Turrets, don't leave home without them. Also upgrade your guns. Both help alot.

Shabby@ it gets easier slightly later in the game, I can now 1-2 shot kill a Phantom with my shotgun.
  • I encountered my first technopath today. Was setting up and fixing turrets until I realised my mistake...
  • Moping up all my side quests, some of which are quite long. Before I do the last part of main quest. A question for anyone who's finished this.
    Spoiler:
  • Just made it to the Arboretum. How far am I off completing this?

Or more to the point, ive got a load of side quests to do still and don't want to suddenly find myself accidentally finishing the game/unable to go back. 

Are you warned before such an event?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not warned, but there is a point where it becomes harder to do.
  • Accessing the area:
    Spoiler:
  • three1ne wrote:
    Just made it to the Arboretum. How far am I off completing this?

Or more to the point, ive got a load of side quests to do still and don't want to suddenly find myself accidentally finishing the game/unable to go back. 

Are you warned before such an event?

There are multiple endings, you are offered one fairly early on. Ignore it and carry on.
  • Yeah, learnt something early on after my first visit outside
    Spoiler:
    Which was fucking amazing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!