Prey - System Shock meets Metroid by Arkane
  • three1ne wrote:
    Yeah, learnt something early on after my first visit outside
    Spoiler:
    Which was fucking amazing.

Yeh the zero-g stuff is really well done.
  • three1ne wrote:
    Yeah, learnt something early on after my first visit outside
    Spoiler:
    Which was fucking amazing.

I'm not sure that's true.
  • Just an opinion.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Yeah I love the zero g too. Very well done.
  • Crew Quarters
    Spoiler:
  • It appears at random based on some stuff like neuromods you've applied and so on I met it way before that, think crew quarters was the third one I met (i just ran off)
  • Ah okay. Kind of a shame it was introduced​ this way then as it could have been a cool moment.

You must have smashed the mods then :P
  • Don't think so? I got it really early when exploring, there might be different triggers
  • three1ne wrote:
    Just an opinion.

Was related to your pods comment, not the quality of the game.
  • Ah okay. Kind of a shame it was introduced​ this way then as it could have been a cool moment.

You must have smashed the mods then :P

I've fought and killed 6 of them now

• Can we be a little more careful with the spoilers here please....
  • I dunno if that should referring to what I was saying but it was in regards to a spoilered thing and it's entirely speculation, but apologies anyway
  • Edge have said this is essentially system shock 3, but without the name. Some praise.
  • Soz thrine. At least whatever it is we're talking about seems to be random so you might not even encounter it where I did
  • Help... How do you knock someone unconscious without the disruptor gun?
  • You haven't found the roofie dealer?
  • Talking about enemies..
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Is fucking annoying.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I've had a couple get stuck or not react to me. Only negative to this game so far.
  • Have they taken the demo down now on PSN? I can't  seem  to find  it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Tempy wrote:
    I've really enjoyed most of this but I think it's telling that when presented with a fight/long section of avoiding a Technopath which I've died to twice, I've just saved and quit because I can't be fuckin' bothered

That's pretty close to my feelings on the game!  Loved it until a certain point in the game
    Spoiler:

ending spoiler, assorted other spoilers
    Spoiler:

So yeah, liked it!  Tempted to start again, though I doubt I'd ever see it through to the end.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • One of the best games I've played recently. Sadly the last 3rd got a little tiresome. The ending was interesting and quite well done, story wise, but it's a shame the budget had long gone by that point.
  • Started this one today. Such a great vibe to it.

Any tips going in? Got my first neuromod but not spending it yet as no idea what to spend it on.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • First tip: don't worry about stuff like that
  • SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!

but yeah, no tips. Just play how you want to play, that's how the majority of it is designed.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Started this one today. Such a great vibe to it. Any tips going in? Got my first neuromod but not spending it yet as no idea what to spend it on.

Just spend it, you get fucking loads
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Started this one today. Such a great vibe to it.

Any tips going in? Got my first neuromod but not spending it yet as no idea what to spend it on.

Take you long time, don't rush through it. Just enjoy it. It's fantastic.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Once I've uninstalled Dishons 2 It's between starting this or Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.
  • Old Blood first as I couldn't imagine playing it after.
  • This game is damn good.

So far I haven't left the lobby section, just going in as many areas as I can at the moment, trying to find everything and anything. Still not pumped any neuromods into any skills yet, and I'm sitting on a bank of 10 of them, just because I'm not sure what path to go down. So far I've found the turrets really useful so contemplating the repair skill to keep them active. But I also need to boost my inventory I think as that's quickly filling up...

The enemies can really fuck you up, fast:
    Spoiler:

It's a hard game to put down. Seeing as how BioShock was probably my favourite single player experience of the 360 generation, this is hitting all the right notes for me.
  • Spend the damn mods
  • Tempy wrote:
    Spend the damn mods

but on whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat tempy, on whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!