Anthem - Time of Death: 24/02/2021
  • Gonna try this again after a chippy tea.
  • Fuck knows if this works but here’s a link for 3 people to get the vip demo

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthem/anthem-demos/redeem?token=ckhKT1RPbz0jTSMxMDAwMDIxNjQ4NDI3
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • And everyone who’s got vip access can use this address to issue 3 codes - I think.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthem/anthem-demos/refer-a-friend
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Finished the story missions.
    Got to level 12. At 12 you can choose another Javelin type.
    I chose Interceptor. It's a really fun class, shows off the movement even better than the Ranger. Took them out for a spin in freeplay. Enjoyed it, tagged along with the tank class for a bit and looted some loot.

When it works it's proper fun.
  • I was really disappointed with the tank (colossus) at first. It seemed pretty much as squishy as the other classes and the special attacks were kinda boring - really regretted not picking Storm. Then, after some practice, I kinda twigged how it worked.

The colossus doesn’t have a permanent shield, instead it can lower and raise the shield with the circle button. When dropped, it recharges super quick, so it functions kinda like Reindhart from Overwatch without the shield being big enough to cover team members. You can run and fly with the shield up and crash directly into people, plus there is a shield bash. So, it’s all about disrupting attacks, drawing fire then taking cover, dropping shield, and then popping out again with shield up.

I still wasn’t a fan until I got a flamethrower attachment, which has made it much more fun. Now I can get in close and take hits, before dropping shield and setting enemies on fire.

Unfortunately the biggest issue I have with the game is this:

If you can actually login
    If you can get the game to not make your body and voice disappear.
    If you get past the infinite mission loading screen.
    If you don’t get horrendous lag and rubber banding.
    If the music and sound doesn’t completely cut out.
    If the game doesn’t crash.
    If you can navigate the awful, awful menus.
    If all of these things go your way and you actually get a stable, low lag, fully functional mission...what are you left with?

A 6 out of 10 looter shooter with 8 out of 10 mobility options and a worrying potential for micro transactions out the wazoo. It’s not a terrible game, but it’s not particularly great either, and the moment to moment combat is just so unspectacular. It could be different on launch sure, but as a demo this is a monumental failure and, if anything, the massive technical issues have hidden the game’s biggest failing - it’s actually quite dull.
  • I also went with the colossus. Ill have to try that out, as I also thought it was fucking shit. For a tank, seemingly dying quicker than as the Ranger was shit.

100% agree with the rest.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hmm... Had another quick go and watched a nephew play it with a controller. I still think it looks pretty and plays nicely when you get in on my PC. Didn't notice any particular frame rate issues though? The ol' HAL9000 took it in its' stride seemingly. 
    I also got in cleanly for the first time this morning. Excessively long load but then all 4 of us started a mission from the very start and everything.. perhaps they are fixing it up to some extent?

I did also manage to fall through the world in Tarsis as the main launch platform thingy where your Javelin is hadn't loaded in and left a big the empty crater instead.. fell through the world and saw a quite nice skybox. 
    Some dev guy has tweeted that the reason you can't run in Tarsis in this build is because the streaming is buggered and I can believe it.. It's since been fixed in later builds and so you should be able to leg it about at least. Apparently. 

There certainly seems to be enough there for me to keep the pre order for now. I'll try the open demo next week and see if the load crashes or the stability is better. 

I hope in the final game the actual load times are shortened as well. I might free up some SSD space for it then to see if that'll give it a kick up the jacksie.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • You can actually run in Tarsis but the speed increase is minimal, I would liken it to that pointless jog everyone does when crossing the road.

I would believe it's a stream issue as the first time I got in it was painfully sluggish but not too bad now.
  • I also went with the colossus. Ill have to try that out, as I also thought it was fucking shit. For a tank, seemingly dying quicker than as the Ranger was shit.

Red trash mobs are your friend. Flamethrower and walk into them, you’ll pick up health drops as they die and keep your health up. I keep a sniper rifle for big targets, and flamethrower for mobs. You can also get mods (or components, or whatever) which give some massive health boosts, which might help if you’re dying too quick. So yeah, the tank can be tanky, but you gotta learn the quirks.
  • I'll keep my preorder, if only for the slim prospect of fun coop. ME3 MP was amazing b cause of the combos and detonations, etc. Me4 was a car crash but this seems to borrow heavily from that sandbox. Servers will eventually stabilise and if a few badgers want to fool around together it'll be just about worth the admission fee
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • That's about where I am with it. Keeping peepers peeled for any discounts. Fuck £40 on it though.
  • Yeah I'm fine with the £36 I have locked in.

I'm intrigued by the story, it's not amazing ME levels but that demo had more plot than vanilla Destiny.
  • I might bite too, aye, despite being underwhelmed. It will certainly have content and pound per hour value should be good. Ultimately, I’ll probably make my choice after Division 2 reviews drop, given that Div 2 is my preference thus far.
  • To me I'm seeing it as how I felt when Ghost Recon Wildlands released. I was a maybe right up until it came out, and knowing that if I wasn't on that release week train where more people are playing it and there's more opportunity to buddy up with badgers as a result and get the story done before everyone moves on, I'd miss out. I bought it day one, got a few weeks of awesome badger sessions out of it and nobody has returned. I'm alright with that. Just needs to be the right price. I see this game becoming the same unless post-release plans are solid and plentiful.
  • Yes. 
    I'd say that is a decent summary of the situation. 

I've done a few missions and I'm about to do some freeplay.
    It's ok. 
    Combat isn't great, enemies are weaksauce design wise and very odd sizes. 
    Flying is good but then the cooldown ruins the fun.  
    The Voice acting is extremely good and if it had a little more oomph about it i'd get it, but as it is, it's a nah.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I wonder how much the mods will allow you to extend flight.
  • The flying cooldown could do with being extended.
    Apparently flying over water helps cool down in flight.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The flying cooldown could do with being extended. Apparently flying over water helps cool down in flight.

Going under a waterfall resets it completely.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Popping your Ult resets it too.

I think some classes are more suited to the air, the Storm class barely uses any energy while hovering, and it also boosts your shield. Floating death.

I'm sure there will be stuff for the Interceptor that means a melee kill will automatically cool down your flight bar too, that class is designed around quick hit and run stuff, it'll be a bit daft if you can only get yourself into bother without being able to get straight back out.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    In fact I've just got a heat sink component which increases the flight bar by 10%. I think you'll be able to tailor your Javelin to suit your needs, but it'll be a trade off for health/shields/power cool downs etc.
  • Just noticed that cool down thing in freeplay, skim water and go near waterfalls and it either doesn't increase or resets the cooldown. 
    Had a go of freeplay, it's a defo nah.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll probably get wrong off someone for quitting that video after three seconds, but tough shit I suppose.
  • Yes, forgot about tailoring, seems like there could be some depth in variations there.
  • Actually, having seen the vibes in this game, and failed to load in, I just decided fuck it and cancelled my preorder. Life's too short for this kind of bullshit.
  • Bioware is totally finished isn't it. Utterly done.
  • I quite like this, but yeah, Bioware games are history.
    Another EA victim.
  • Actually, having seen the vibes in this game, and failed to load in, I just decided fuck it and cancelled my preorder. Life's too short for this kind of bullshit.

Division 2, Gonz.

Division 2, Gonz.

Already promised Curtis I'd buy that buddy
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    The Division 2 is looking nice. I liked the first a lot. Great gunplay.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!