Anthem - Time of Death: 24/02/2021
  • Actually, having seen the vibes in this game, and failed to load in, I just decided fuck it and cancelled my preorder. Life's too short for this kind of bullshit.

Division 2, Gonz.

Already promised Curtis I'd buy that buddy
    Speedhaak wrote:
    The Division 2 is looking nice. I liked the first a lot. Great gunplay.

Nice. Well if people are in I’ll prob pre-order - got into Division 1 late and was really surprised how good it is. Gonna own those Dark Zones boi.
  • No extension to this demo then? Boo.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Extension? There is a public demo this weekend. Available to all.
  • Nah I was just hoping the Vip would still be on today since I'm free, haha. Extensions to these things usually happen, just wishful thinking.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They unlocked all Javelin classes last night. Didn't have time to try out the Interceptor but Franny had a good time with the Colossus.

All classes should be available for the next demo.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nah I was just hoping the Vip would still be on today since I'm free, haha. Extensions to these things usually happen, just wishful thinking.

Ah right, of course. Brain didn't make the connection. :D
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I didn't realise early access was only available on PC. That, er sucks a bit.
  • EA Access on Bone gets a 10 hour trial as well, starts 15th Feb.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    10 hours and that's it. PC gets the entire game from the 15th.
  • Yeah 10 hours won't be much for many.
    The early access stuff is a bit shit, but if it means some bugs can be ironed out in that week then it's not all bad.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I quite like this, but yeah, Bioware games are history. Another EA victim.

Makes me want to play Mass Effect from the beginning.
  • Always worth a run through ME if you have the time.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But then I'll spend weeks in ME2 just planet scanning.
  • I don't see the problem.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I love me some planet scanning.
  • I literally can't get over the boring hump in ME4.

I get the first planet done and then it just fizzles out.

Three times now.

Is it actually worth the effort?
  • No, it really isn't. Trust me, I've tried it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I'm out.
    Suspected this would be the case.
    Will hold my preorder for now but unless EA publish detailed pricing that disproves this Im out.

Its Angry Joe, so if you dont wanna watch the TLDW... 
    20 dollars for an armour set. 
    8 dollars for fabric. 
    12 dollar emotes. 
    8 dollars for metal material.
    4 dollars for a vinyl.
  • I'll buy it next year when they behave themselves.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can you unlock all that stuff by playing? Or will it take you several eternities?
  • You can unlock through playing but all signs point to it being like Battlefront 2. 
    So yeah play forever.

Again, if EA can come out and say exactly how like it takes to unlock stuff I may change my mind but I find it highly unlikely it will be anything but horrific grind.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I can't get through those Joe videos but all the pre announce stuff has been that this is all cosmetic bollocks isn't it? 

EA taking the plunge on no DLC and actual content for free so if they think they can get some whales to buy some horse armour crap for a million dorra then good luck to them was my initial take on it when it all came out months ago.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • It is indeed all cosmetics but do you really want to be the vanilla Javelin?

The dress up stuff is part of the fun for me. The variants in the demo was one of the highlights there, I can now see why there were so many options.

Charging a few quid for an armour set, when there are already plenty on disc, is fine with me.
    £20 can get fucked and I strongly suspect the options available at the start or easily obtainable through play will be very limited.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Couldn't give a toss Liv. I was still surprised when I noticed the nephews changed my vanilla character on the Fortnite account that I had to set up and watch them play. Spent thousands of hours in Destiny just wearing whatever numbers were biggest. Zero interest for me.  

I can change the colour of my little Tony Starks I think and every 6 months put some free new trousers on or whatever. That's fine.
  • That's cool if you don't mind. Have at it, everyone is different.
  • On a genetic level, not really.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Oh ay. The reverence that the little people put nowadays on throwing cash at Epic to get a new outfit in Fortnight seems very alien to me as a crusty old bastard. The same Fashion Frame element of Warframe just leaves me confused. It's all old man shouts at cloud  I know but hey ho.. In this case if it means the universal population wide free dlc stuff then so be it. 

Is this wildly more egregious for a GaaS thing? They are looking for some Fortnite monies I presume. They can't do the whole Season pass stuff here so easily but that's £7 every 3 months isn't it? Plus all the extra cash people seem to throw at VBux for everything else. There's billions in them thar hills it seems.. and now the EA branded Golden Loot Box stuffed Goose is at the knackers yard..
  • Fortnite is free though, at least for the bit most want to play.
    That means you have a good year, maybe 18 months of those £7 payments before you have caught up with what Anthem is costing (ignoring RRP because no-one sensible pays £60).

I think it's the gouging pricing that is insulting.
    At a few quid I may bite on some stuff, many would.
    Now I'm cancelling my preorder, that isn't good and if others follow a game like this will fail as it relies on communities.
    Given that a lot of people seem to be out or sitting on the fence after the demo it's problematic.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The team are out there saying that the demo fork happened in early December so the code that the journos sat with was apparently a good deal more stable already. You'd hope that the release itself will be a nicer shinier smoother beast altogether.. though the fact that the demo has been quite so clunky so far is not a great look. 

The pricing stuff also seems to have come from an event where folks were asked to not take photos as the economies are supposedly not final and will be buggered about with a bit. 
    Now we know that EA are going to push the cuntomoeter as per but without the final prices and the essential earn rates or mission  reward economies  to show the flipside of the coin then this still seems a bit of a odd thing to get all excited about at this stage.

Cautious and wary perhaps; vitriol, vilification and a pox on all your houses a touch early surely?
  • It's EA.
    They have form.

I know you didn't watch the vid ( totally get it with Joe) but he made a good point.

If these prices aren't at least close to final why set them so high?

In the world of leaks why not have placeholder text like "9999" or "XXXX", that's what we do in my game if we aren't provided exact pricing.

These things will have been well discussed in advance, you don't set pricing structures for things this late as you wouldnt be able to present profit forecasts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!