Anthem - Time of Death: 24/02/2021
  • I personally don’t care for skins, so the £32 I’ve paid will be good for me. All I care about is that I enjoy the game not how I look
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yeah. You'd expect launch prices to be similar or the same. I could see them perhaps dropping a smidge if this blows up a lot more perhaps? 

It looks like there's a timer on these as well in the top left of the shot so perhaps these will change weekly? Daily? They've said that you can get all these items from the grind so would they have engineered the economies so that it's feasible to get the 40,000 needed from a daily drop in with a few strikes, a weekly couple of 'raids'? 
    Without knowing how the economies are balanced it's difficult to see how much buggery bollocks is going on.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • isanbard wrote:
    They've said that you can get all these items from the grind so would they have engineered the economies so that it's feasible to get the 40,000 needed from a daily drop in with a few strikes, a weekly couple of 'raids'?  Without knowing how the economies are balanced it's difficult to see how much buggery bollocks is going on.

Given their track record, it will be a fucking ridiculous grind to get through. Battlefront was 40 hours for one character.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Very different beast is a Destiny looty shooty GaaS though. That was a much more rigid CoDstyle thing. 

My Playstation life video thing told me that 40 hours of Destiny style grind is something that is slightly depressingly possible still...If they're looking at doing a weekly cycle of cosmetic  mittens and snazzy booties then it's all up in the air again. 
    We need far more info on this whole thing if you ask me.
  • Its why i havent cancelled yet but dont hold your breath for any solid info.
    (Well that and 32 quid is very cheap)
  • isanbard wrote:
    They've said that you can get all these items from the grind so would they have engineered the economies so that it's feasible to get the 40,000 needed from a daily drop in with a few strikes, a weekly couple of 'raids'?  Without knowing how the economies are balanced it's difficult to see how much buggery bollocks is going on.

Given their track record, it will be a fucking ridiculous grind to get through. Battlefront was 40 hours for one character.

But the characters changed how the games played not just how it looks

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Its why i havent cancelled yet but dont hold your breath for any solid info. (Well that and 32 quid is very cheap)

The whole 30 quid thing is what has kept me in as well after the initial 'VIP' experience.

I'm also in the 'had fun with Division and think the sequel will be better than this' group too but at 30 shekels I reckon this can tickle me over for the month or two before Division 2 has hit the ground, collapsed on the ground, killed all its' servers twice and got somewhere up to speed...
  • I'm at the very least going to give it another go this weekend.
    I want to have a go at the other game type thing (the little castle icon, cant remember what it was called), then spend a bit more time in freeplay with my new Jav'.

I think I will likely cancel in the long run though. Crackdown 3 is out fairly soon, a few other games have my eye.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It is a bit disappointing but most of the decent content creators still seem extremely pleased with the game itself: 
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    isanbard wrote:
    But the characters changed how the games played not just how it looks

That's not really the point though. Anyone buying a Star Wars game wants to play as the characters from the films.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    No that's exactly the point though isn't it? If you can pay for something that fundamentally changes the way the game plays that's bollocks.
  • No, I'm talking about the amount of time you need to play to unlock the thing you want in a game.

EA's track record is that it's deliberately grindy as fuck to push you into paying for it
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Ah yeah, totally. I'm going to be EXTREMELY pissed off if EA fuck this one for us.
  • Microtransactions that effect gameplay are clearly worse than aesthetic ones.
    However aesthetics are important to many people and contribute to the enjoyment of the game, remembering these are entertainment products.

Now some will say they are happy for whales to pay for their free DLC content.
    Trouble is this doesn't always equate to as a good an experience.

An honest DLC pack where the consumer can see what they are getting requires the publisher to give budget for it and the developer to get it up to standard.
    When its funded by microtransactions the need is just to satisfy those whales while they stay on board, it doesn't have to be good, it just have to be content.
    This funding model also depends heavily on how much revenue is being made through those microtransactions and how new DLC increases those transactions. If the whales stop buying then the DLC budget will drop.

Battlefront is a good example here. Once the lootcrates were removed it became clear the budgets were dropped. The first lot of stuff was decent, likely commissioned before launch. There was then a gap of 9 months to a year where not a lot happened. Over xmas they have been adding more but we are talking 1 Hero character a month for 4 months, a handful of maps over the course of a year and skins (skins can be a grind of tens of hours or bought using microtransactions).

I would rather pay full price for a full game, then full price for DLC packs like we used to. 
    Like Halo 3 map packs or Fallout 3 DLC packs.
  • Honestly, relying on whales is a bit morally suspect too.
  • Yeah there is that as well.
  • Honestly, relying on whales is a bit morally suspect too.

True.

Thing is people have moaned about paid for DLC that splits the community and free DLC that’s covered by microtransactions, hopefully this time they find a happy middle ground with the price. But at least ( as far as we know) it’s not game effecting micro transactions
  • Weird thing is, with this, I don't see splitting the community as an issue in this.
    Best played with friends anyway but the squad sizes are 4 max aren't they? Shouldn't be an issue with matchmaking with such small teams, maybe later content will be more of an issue.

Also, need to see how much EA decide to ram this stuff in your face while playing.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Weird thing is, with this, I don't see splitting the community as an issue in this.
    Best played with friends anyway but the squad sizes are 4 max aren't they? Shouldn't be an issue with matchmaking with such small teams, maybe later content will be more of an issue.

Also, need to see how much EA decide to ram this stuff in your face while playing.
    Oh yeah , but they’ve done that with BFV and Battlefront 2
  • I know bullshot trailers are par for the course for the industry, but looking back this one really was outrageous

https://media.giphy.com/media/47IvSsg53JA6XuUYUz/giphy.gif

I doubt Anthem 2 on next gen hardware will look this good.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Funny you should say that, just finished watching DF's new video which they talked about this. Also, 24fps on Xbox One X? Jesus wept. Can we just get performance modes please? This shit is the reason I've been driven to PC gaming. I don't care about 4k and all the fancy god ray tracing bullshit. Just let the games run at 60fps and cut back on visual fidelity. Like The Witcher 3.

• Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Also, the PS4 Pro version runs better than the Xbox One X. 

Hallo?
  • The UI for pc is a disaster.
    It's funny how the game was obviously made for console yet runs like dogshit on them.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I played enough last week (solo, private) to know i'd enjoy the full product. Tonight i tried all the other Javelins, and already i can see some wonderful synergy cracking off if you have a decent team and the right mix-up. Problem is, everyone on my friends list aka fence has been reading the stories about this shit-show of a demo, and its only putting them off even more. 

I see it like this; i'll play it non-stop for 3 weeks, by then the end-game grind will have revealed itself. If it feels worthwhile, i'll continue, but The Division 2 will be upon us, and i cannot believe after all the turmoil the OG Division went through, they'll release this sequel and do a Destiny 2 (i.e. do a full reset and forget every lesson learnt).

So yeah, this will be an entertaining stop-gap, which i imagine they'll expand over time, and if the core gameplay is still satisfying in the long term, i can see it being a regular insertion to my dusty, noisy, jet-engine PS4 Pro.
  • This should be right up my street, a looter-shooter with class abilities and RPG elements?  Hell yeah!  Games like Borderlands, Destiny, and Warframe have already absorbed thousands of hours of my time and a Bioware developed spin on the whole thing sounded amazing.  But having played it, I really dunno.  

The framerate on standard PS4 isn't good, the UI is fucking horrible, flying is cool but there's a clunkiness to everything you do, some of the abilities are fun but the combat in general has a weird disconnected feeling (the guns in particular feel terrible to use), the Stronghold and World Events I've done were really quite dull, and while it can be pretty it can also be a bit of a mess. 

I know this was an earlier build, but they wouldn't have released this as the demo if it wasn't mostly representative of the finished product.  I'm not giving up on the game just yet, but I'm not getting the itch to play any more of the demo either.  I just doesn't feel good to play.  I'll wait 'til the full launch and have another look.
  • It supposedly does feel better on the newer build, but I feel much the same.

The guns all feel a bit rubbish to me as well, like you're constantly pouring bullets into people like we're playing Resident Evil on hard and its 9 headshots for a kill.
  • The first gun is utter shit.
    I unlocked a rare smg and a rare shotty. They felt a fair bit better, not Destiny good but more than ok.

Trouble is, in the full game it's not clear how many hours I may have to play before a rare drops.
  • I've had lots of greens and a few blues.

They all suffer from the same problem. I suspect the issue is I'm coming at it from a shooter point of view, but it's designed more as an RPG. And I just don't find that fun, because mechanically, it plays like a shooter.
  • I've really tried to like this, I've tried to see the positives to the point of arguably being apologist.
    I do think there are some strengths there but after another brief play of the demo I don't think I'm gonna keep my preorder, even if it is very cheap.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I've really tried to like this, I've tried to see the positives to the point of arguably being apologist.
    I do think there are some strengths there but after another brief play of the demo I don't think I'm gonna keep my preorder, even if it is very cheap.

Is it still available at that cheap pre-order price?
    If not I’ll buy your pre-order off you dude? Just change the delivery address? I’ll enjoy it until Division 2 at least.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!