The Last of the Mario Kart Wine
  • I fucking love this game. And I'm done.

Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    T8cHn.png

IT'S ABOUT TIME.

BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP ME, MORTALS.

(Cheers, RedEye.)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Just played 50cc mode. Great so far. I've only played (and absolutely loved) the SNES original and Super Circuit before this. I imagine if I had played the others, I probably would have been burned out and not enjoyed this.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just finished up the 50cc mode m'self. I think I'm gonna be spending a lot of time on this.
  • Mk64 and beyond we're an aquired taste to those who has played smk and mksc. You chose wisely.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    OMG! I was supposed to start a new time trial on Monday and I totally forgot! Er... Er...
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Well the next track is Koopa City, I'll sort the rest out later.
  • good. Its a track i really need to improve but isn't so much about one bit to hit. This is pretty much just racing peeps. I'll post vids and strats tomorrow.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • There is that shortcut which I find tricky to hit.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Star Cup Time Trial contest
    Be immortalised in the Hall of Fame by entering the new Star Cup Time Trial contest! Simply get the best Time Trial result you can for Koopa City and post photographic evidence by 21:00 on 02/07/12, UK time (static images preferred but videos will be accepted). Remember, you must post photographic evidence for your time to count, even to get 2nd or 3rd place.
  • There is that shortcut which I find tricky to hit.

eh?

• Apparently from the boost just before the start line you can float up onto the track overhead...
  • you can and some people used it for a bit but iirc the wr doesn't use that strat anymore. Its quicker to just get mt's.
  • mt's???
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    mt's???
    Mini turbos, i think.

I like this track, although I have fallen off it many times while pushing a corner too hard...
  • Ok, my current PR is c. 2'13".  I am not very good at this.
  • I've only started playing. FInished 50cc so far, nothing more. My, some of those GC and Wii tracks are major rubbish, aren't they?! The SNES tracks really show up the rest. OG was just perfect.
  • Should be able to post a time next week. Haven't unlocked all the bits and bobs though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Can't quote anymore from my iPhone for some reason, but @Hylian Elf: I really like a few of the tracks from the wii one. The one with the Wrigglers in it and Mushroom Gorge really stand out to me. Fucking despise Coconut Mall though.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    My first couple of attempts got me about 2'11. Finally unlocked a new car part too! Growler something or other...
  • I don't really understand how to decide optimum setup for particular tracks.  What would one recommend for this TT challenge?  Choice of character makes a difference too?
  • My initial try got me 2'16". :(
  • Not too good at this track...managed a 2.17 after a couple of goes.

Where's the best place to use mushrooms?
  • Either to cut the grey/blue area on turn 3 (left facing mt) or on the bit just before the chicane. As a general rule it's when you feel like you aren't boosting... Shroom.

Your kart combo will massively matter in this. I'll post more when I've had a proper look into it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Current record 1:59.784. I'm using Bowser, B Dasher and Normal wheels.

I'll post a picture closer to the deadline to avoid picture spam like last time. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    weadre wrote:
    Where's the best place to use mushrooms?

I've been using mine on the blue area inside the first corner when you enter the tunnel. Only on laps two and three mind; I go for the coins on the first lap, and use the mushroom on the final straight towards the start/finish line.
  • I would love to compete in this, alas, I suffer from major 3DS cramps in my hands after more than 10 mins.  I must be getting old.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    B-b-but it's only one track so it takes less than three minutes.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    I would love to compete in this, alas, I suffer from major 3DS cramps in my hands after more than 10 mins.  I must be getting old.

That's enough for three tries and a one minute break! ;)
  • Ok, here is the WR vid. To be frank my run isn't much different other than I dont think i'm flying over the line yet because that wasn't evented 5 months ago when I was playing properly. I'll be using that to try to improve. The best combo (or what this guy is using is)

Metal Mario + Koopa Clown + Red Monster + Gold Glider

If you have those then use them. The reasons is that RM tires are good in wet (compared to slicks). Metal Mario is heavy for the chicane bit which you will struggle on with lighter characters. Koopa clown must be good for cornering but i'll look into that more for specifics. Glider doesn't really matter to much.

I'm currently on a 1'58"633 which might not sound much quicker than Adam but on a course like this a second is a long time! (compared with the last course anyway).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!