Let's sort Davie out with a PSVR. Can we 'stretch' to a digital copy of Destiny 2?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Stress free? You mad Vela?! I MUST GET A PERFECT RUN.
    Its Minecraft (free mode only) for poor Davie going forward.
  • I may just watch other people on twitch etc.

I dont get stressed if i die on things like destiny or Battlefield, just respawn and go again.

I was at a bit on persona with a desert and tomb last i played but i died twice, wanna keep on with that but im not sure if i should.

Maybe just break from gaming for a couple of weeks and watch speedruns i missed at gdq etc.
  • What about something like tetris ds? That even gets recommended for people with ptsd.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Oh and for food flavour, cinnamon is best spice.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Play Threes! on your phone. Totally stress free and great.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And Ballz. Not your balls obviously as that’s what got you into this mess!
  • Threes and balls.....?
    Fill me in folks.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’re on Android, right?

Free version of Threes! here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vo.threes.free

There’s also a paid version that removes the ads.

We’ve got a thread for it somewhere, it’s probably the game that I’ve sunk more hours into than anything else, I still play it daily (and still haven’t seen the highest tile).
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Here’s Ballz for Android Davie: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ketchapp.ballz&hl=en_GB

It’s a freebie

There’s are thread on here somewhere with people getting stupidly high scores.

Threes! I like too.
  • Well done for not smoking Davie. Get those patches on. 3 days now, a great start. I've got a vaping kit if you want it let me know I'll get it to you.
    Peter3C
  • Cheers guys on the download now.

Pipa id appreciate all help with this, and im om the patch today after stupidly going without yesterday.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    pc71 wrote:
    Well done for not smoking Davie. Get those patches on. 3 days now, a great start. I've got a vaping kit if you want it let me know I'll get it to you.

I’ll be posting one out to him tomorrow, he’ll be well sorted on that front.
  • I’m not here to argue about Destiny, davie, it was only a joke, I’m glad you enjoy it.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I’m not here to argue about Destiny, davie, it was only a joke, I’m glad you enjoy it.
    Id been up since 3am cravings kicked in etc,
    Just wanted a chat and stuff...not a debate or anything.
    Apologies pal.
  • About these vapes.... Should i start with nicotine or a flavour?
    How strong should i be looking at getting?
  • Jesus wept, don't play Ballz.
  • Its installed now so i have to try it pal!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’d go with a nice flavour rather than the tobacco ones, I use vanilla as it goes well with most of the things I drink.

I use 10mg liquid, but people use a wide range of these, this works for me as I tend to vape little and often throughout the day. You’ll need to do a bit of experimentation to find the setup that’s right for you - the amount of nicotine, what mix of PG and VG works for you, the combination of coil resistance (I’ll be including some 1.2ohm coils as I’ve switched to 0.5 and aren’t using these ones, there will be a 0.5 in the box for you to try) and wattage. They all have some effect on the experience.

The biggest adjustment for me was realising that a lot of the sense of satisfaction from finishing a cigarette was entirely psychological - as a cigarette burns down you know you’re getting to the end, you have your last drag and put it out and feel satisfied, but that satisfaction comes from knowing that you’ve finished rather than the amount of nicotine you’ve had. I spent my first week or two vaping far too much and feeling slightly queasy as I thought that I’d get that sense of satisfaction from having more nicotine. I didn’t, I just made myself nauseous. Once I got past that, I was golden.
  • That all sounds rather complicated about coils and pg and vg....im really going to need a lot of help with this i think.

My girlfriend has agreed to try vaping too and come off the ciggies wich is why i was gonna accept pippas offer too.

I had a bit of a go at her yesterday when she vid called me and had a cigarette in her mouth.
    Id refused the patch too stupidly thinking i could will myself thru it combination of little sleep too becouse i couldn't get comfy all night (still hooked up to a heart monitor) ....it just made me stupid and angry.

Im a real nob sometimes but i dont mean to be.
    This is already so hard for me.

Apologies to anyone i offend now or in the next few days... Its just a struggle and im craving just thinking about it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No worries dude.

And I’m very happy to answer vaping-related questions, it is confusing at first, certainly, but it’s just about finding what works for you.
  • Sounds like we'll informed advice. Give that a try Davie.
    Peter3C
  • Il be reading and following yoss's every word.
    Really i need to or im gonna suffer the same fate and i got lucky this time or i might have been an ex forum member.
  • Good for the missus Davie, it'd be very hard if she was smoking around the house. You can do this, and think of the money. Think of everything and everyone in fact. I gave up in June. All the best with it!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    think of the money.

I estimate that switching to ecigs from rollies saved me about a grand per year.
  • It's going to be tough Davie there's no getting away from it. If your missus gives up as well that's great but honestly your situation is yours and yours alone. When I first gave up I went mad with anxiety and after 3 weeks nearly cried in front of my doctor!!! Not trying to scare you just saying it's tough so whatever you feel is totally feckin normal. I went cold turkey which might have been a bad idea... The patches will help so use them!! And remember the mad mad cravings pass!! Breathe and wait.....
    Peter3C
  • My only worry, Davie, is the lifestyle you’ve been leading given your father’s medical history. I really, really hope that you stick to this lifestyle change. It’ll be tough, but it’ll be worth it.

Videogame-wise, if they’re telling you to take it as easy as they are just now, I’d steer clear of anything where you’re directly controlling anything in real time; no FPSes (even Destiny), no racing games. Things like Balls and Threes! are great because they’re gentle and there are no time limits. Tetris is a bad idea just now, because it gets increasingly stressful and exciting. It can sneak up on you, you don’t realise how het-up you’re getting.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    think of the money.

I estimate that switching to ecigs from rollies saved me about a grand per year.

Yeh i should pm pc71 (pippa)
    Think im being weighted in a min.
  • Your right andy.....shit!
    Im a bit worried and scared.
  • It was mentioned a a joke, but Minecraft really is a good idea.
  • Stardew Valley could be good good, flower, journey... There's a YouTube channel there just waiting to happen Davie plays flower!!
    Peter3C

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!