Let's sort Davie out with a PSVR. Can we 'stretch' to a digital copy of Destiny 2?
  • For the love of God stay away from multiplayer Overcooked.
  • Can't play overcooked cos my missus hit me. We don't talk about it.
    Peter3C
  • Think DS and I would advocate Peggle. That’s a laid back game. Monument Valley, Abzu and West of Loathing all strike me as games you can pretty much chill too.

My mate has hypnotised folks to stop smoking in the past and has a 100% success rate. If you find your way down to London at any point, I’ll sort it out that he hypnotises you.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Last summer during a long flight I found this aquarium game to be both relaxing and a time sink overflowing with digital crack. Played it every day after right up until Christmas. You can also have a gander in VR via phone, oh and headphones recommended.

It's even more lush on a big tablet.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Can support what Stoph says, hypnotism worked for me and D - with zero withdrawal symptoms.  Been over ten years since I wanted a ciggy.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • pc71 wrote:
    Can't play overcooked cos my missus hit me. We don't talk about it.

I just shouted at mine....i need 'meat cooking or the tomatoes and lettuce are useless'.

I were trying to teach the other half minecraft before but im not very good at it and dont 'get it' all so we were learning together kinda.
    Then a big explodie thing exploded and our work was gone.

Maybe just try it without enemies?
    Abzu im yet to play so good shout and can go in my 52 games il never finish list.
    Journey and flower i know inside out but may be a good idea anyway.

The last guardian is in sale and i really want it...and sotc is only a few weeks away! :(

Peggle i have and the last 3 levels i have to 100% will just piss me off.

Due some cash on tuesday so i may just try and blag a watch of some of you guys in shareplay or something till then and pick up abzu.

Then look at other options.
    I have scrabble at home my gf got me for Christmas so i can use that assuming i can get her or any visitors to play along.
  • Iv no chance of getting to london,
    Hypnosis sounds perfect but im in the urchin categories of rich to poor. ;)
  • It was mentioned a a joke, but Minecraft really is a good idea.
    pc71 wrote:
    Stardew Valley could be good good, flower, journey... There's a YouTube channel there just waiting to happen Davie plays flower!!

I have all these so maybe i will, not streamed anything since dirt rally release.
    (not like anyone would watch though)

• I've tried hypnosis and it didn't work.
    Spoiler:
  • Davie, believe it or not there’s a slight jump-scare at one point in Abzû. It’s mostly extremely chilled, and will be a great game for you to play in a few weeks time, but not right now.
  • Just get yourself a copy of Resi7 and chill with the VR goggles on.
  • If you want a low stress, highly engaging game, get Yakuza 0. 

A top tier story, and if that is of no interest or if you end up struggling with boss fights, then you can play the best videogame versions of darts, pool, bowling and also some classic Sega arcade games like outrun, super hang on and fantasy zone.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Or alternatively, Animal Crossing. Zero stress game.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    ...if that is of no interest or if you end up struggling with boss fights...

Surely the fact that there are boss fights you can struggle with rules it out for quite some time.
  • Andy wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    ...if that is of no interest or if you end up struggling with boss fights...
    Surely the fact that there are boss fights you can struggle with rules it out for quite some time.

It has an easy mode and you can play minigames from the main menu I believe.
  • Yeh ic allways wanted to play yakuza 0 and iv played all the rest with no struggle so maybe i can get that a bit cheaper.

Resi is scary enough in vr without my weakend heart.....i think that would defo finish me off.
  • Another vote for Stardew Valley.
  • I mean, it’s a poor mans Friends of Mineral Town but there’s no shame in that - still better than every other Harvest Moon. Plus, genuinely sedate and chill as fuck. Shame half the villagers are assholes.
  • I didnt mind the villagers being twats.
    Made me feel ok about ignoring them and flooding the market with mayonnaise.
  • Well its looking like i wont be playing anything tonight, one guy in who is capable of doing my echo scan and he would have to have done it and discharged me so i could get meds from pharmacy before 5 so it looks like im in at least another night. :(

Just spent ages getting gf to ring round for me to inform folks i wont need picking up.
    No visitors today either as everyone expected me home.

Other 3 guys in ward had loads of visitors so i must look a right numpty.

If they hadn't told me yesterday i would be discharged by 12 i woulda been fine with that but why tell someone then change it without informing me?

Bit upset now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Right, I'm putting together this package, here's a wall of text for you with some useful info, I suggest you bookmark this post:

I've pre-installed a 1.2 ohm coil for you, in the main box there is also a 0.5 ohm and a 0.12 ohm (I think) coil for you to try. It does say on the side of these coils what the resistance is in ohms in barely-legible type. I've also included a pack of 5 spare 1.2 ohm coils, these will need replacing once every week or two based on the flavour turning nasty or if they stop producing enough vapour. Replacements are available through Amazon.

This package does also come with an RBA (rebuildable atomiser) section which you can use or ignore as you wish. This allows you to make your own coils which is something that I've never been bothered to do myself, but which some people get deeply into. The mini screwdriver, cotton, wire and screws are all used as part of this RBA, so feel free to ignore them too.

Also, while this kit is second hand, the drip tip (mouthpiece) is brand new and has never been used.

I've ordered a couple of batteries and a charger from Amazon for you, they should be with you tomorrow (a spare, charged battery is well worth having for when you're out and about). The batteries will take an age to charge the first time that you do so, so get them done when they arrive and you'll be ready for when the rest turns up.

Here's a video review of (a silver version of) the device I'm sending out to you (yours will be black) which goes into some silly levels of depth, but it should cover the basic operation of what I'm sending out to you, it's pretty long but you've got time to kill.

;)

You can skip to about 9 minutes into the video.

This video looks a bit more closely at the Subtank mini which is the predecessor of the Top Tank (yours is the Top Tank Mini if you're wondering). The major difference is that the Top Tank unscrews from the top and allows you to fill it from there.

Holler at me if you have any questions.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Oh also, some stuff on ohms and wattages and PG and VG:

The 1.2, 0.5 and 0.12 in the post above refer to the resistances of the wire in the heads. Essentially, the lower the resistance, the more wattage you can pump through and the more vapour you produce (for reference, I believe that I ran the 1.2 ohm heads somewhere between 7 and 15 watts, the 0.5 I run at 30).

PG vs. VG: as I think I've mentioned, most e liquid is mainly a combination of these two things, VG produces the vapour, PG provides a throat-hit. Since I've been using lower resistances and more wattage, I've switched to pure VG as I get enough of a throat-hit simply from the volume of vapour (plus I found that the PG was drying my mouth out).

As I say, you'll need to experiment a bit, but you'll find a setup that works for you.
  • digi wrote:
    If they hadn't told me yesterday i would be discharged by 12 i woulda been fine with that but why tell someone then change it without informing me?

A bit late for Davie, but for the benefit of everyone else, my experience of hospital discharge (after countless times of doing constant supervision of custodies in hospital) is that nobody is ever, ever discharged at the time they were told they would be. I’m not criticising the NHS staff; it’s a product of them being overworked, understaffed, and generally meaning well.

If you’re ever in hospital, and you’re told you’ll be discharged after the doctor does their morning rounds, make sure the nurse gets your lunch order. If you’re given a time later in the day than that, prepare for it not being that day.

Also, vaping sounds like so much effort.
  • Bookmarked pal.
    You are a funking gentleman and i owe you a few beers and man hugs.

In other news vita just goes up, experimenting with it makes it seem like a problem with the left analogue nub.
    So its out of action till im home at least.

Girlfriends just re signed up to netflix on her details so i can use it on my phone.
    (was telling some patients in here about black mirror) im a rewatch all of its always sunny in philly later.
    My headphone jack dont work though and as these guys are loud.....they can suffer.

Tried to pm @pc71 but i dont think i done everything right....might be in activitys if thatss still a thing.
    If it hasn't can you pm me so i can reply with details.... If i have a vape and can get my gf on it too thats gonna be a huge help.

Once again thanks yoss your return to hear couldn't have come at a better time where im concerned.
    You truly are a gentleman and i appreciate all of this x.

Il get on those vids as soon as iv charged my phone a bit.
    Funking love you guys. X
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Many hugs Digi.

<3
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I took the liberty of PMing PC with your address.
  • Get well soon Davi, bit of a shocker reading through this (although I’m betting it wasn’t as much of a shock as it was to you and your missus!)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Got your address Davie, making sure they are working fine and I'll get them off to you by Tuesday. Get your Netflix on tonight and take it as easy as you.
    Peter3C
  • I didnt mind the villagers being twats. Made me feel ok about ignoring them and flooding the market with mayonnaise.
    I hope you mean this literally rather than in an economic sense.
  • I'll leave that to your imagination.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!