Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I can provide injuries.
  • I haven't been in here for a while so have just caught up on your news, Mostly.  I wish your world was very different.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I haven't been in here for a while so have just caught up on your news, Mostly.  I wish your world was very different.

Thank you so much for that.
  • So, doctor says all my weirdness is due to an infection, as thought. So, thankfully, my brain isn't any more broken than it was already known to be. Sorry, @cosmicjellybean, I guess that doesn't really help you.
  • Is it a zombie infection?
  • Dunno, I have been getting these odd cravings for brains.
  • Still, it's piece of mind innit...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Been getting a lump in the back of my throat every day since the weekend, am a little worried about it although know that usually it's not cancer.

It's not there when I wake up, but surely enough after a few hours it's there, and I can feel it every time I swallow (no pain or anything, and no difficulty swallowing).

I was smoking tabs pretty heavily over the bank holiday, which is when this developed, so it's a little worrying.

Anyone had experience similar? I'm registering at the GP to go get it checked out, but still worried in the meantime. I read that phantom lumps in throat can be caused by stress, which I've had a fuck tonne of this last month or so. Am hoping it's nothing.
  • Sounds like some kind of blister thang to me.
  • The feeling of a lump in your throat can come on for all sorts of reasons.  Whilst cancer is a possible cause it's fairly unlikely, especially if you're swallowing normally.  It's usually something as benign as a viral illness (most likely) or, as you say, stress/anxiety.  The latter is usually referred to as a globus.  

To give you an anecdotal example, I had a cancer scare a while back (they thought they saw something nasty on a chest x-ray).  From the moment of getting the invitation to attend the lung cancer clinic, to the day of the all clear, I had a constant feeling of something stuck in my throat, to the degree that I even struggled to swallow.  Once I was told my chest was fine, the throat resolved too.

So, I'd book in with your GP to get it double checked, particularly given you smoke - but I wouldn't lose any sleep in the meantime.  Drink lots of fluid, take some paracetamol and if at all possible try and reduce the stress in your life.  (I'd also regard this as a warning shot to stop smoking...)
  • Thanks Tin, that's precisely the reassurance I was looking for. I'd read about globus so am hoping it's that, been a lot of stress both at work and in personal life, so hoping it's that. Will see what the GP says.

I gave up the cigs for over 3 years but fell off the wagon last July, will try to get myself back on.

Thanks again.
  • Well after 6 weeks of injuring my achilles tendon, hospital confirmed i have a minor tear. So no running at all or high impact exercise. 3 months of physiotherapy. I can still do some exercise so not all bad.

I dunno why doctors think im training for a triathlon as i was asked again if i was. I got asked when i hurt my wrist last year. Must be a popular think in my neck of the woods.
  • Gas. Way more than should be expected for a couple of months now. Thankfully, it generally goes up, rather than down, but I've got no idea what's causing it or how to get rid of it and it's really pissing me off.

What makes it even worse is that no single bout is big enough to practice saying the alphabet with or anything.
  • I've always found prune juice (proper stuff from Holland and Barrett) sorts all that stuff out.
  • Really? I thought the prune juice was generally thought to cause gas?
  • it flushes out your system, not sure if it causes. more gas. i guess it must do then.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Loosens you up and clears you out. I don't think it's particularly gassy though.
  • Oh, that's right, it's the shits that prune juice is renowned for, not gas.

Chances are I've changed something in my general routine and not realised, but I might give some a go, see if it has any effect. Thanks, Dino.
  • My back is fucked, seized up on monday morning and had to leave work, telling everyone i met that my back was fucked cos i was walking like i had shat masel.
    Tues morning, no fucking chance, couldn't get out of bed, fuckin nightmare.
    Took many pills saw a chiropractor and got more drugs from the doctor.
    Feelin gooooood
    Today, still fucked but getting there, we bellyache from the pills.
    Back pain sucks balls
  • Aye, back pain is fucking awful.
  • That is is, you have my sympathy, Boolitt, as well as anyone else who's suffering from it. Fucked mine up a couple of years ago, which has given me massive respect for what osteopaths can do.
  • Worst part was half in half out of bed when the dog belts it in looking for her usual morning chaos and jumps all over me. I would have laughed if i wasn't screaming.

• Oooof!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Woooof!

• Woke up this morning (dun duuuun dun dun) with a familiar pain in my right eye Iid. Checked the mirror and it's swelling. Feels identical to a stye I had about 2 years ago. Bastards. Am expecting to have a swollen shut right eye for next week or so. Not painful pain, but annoying and discomfort. At least I'll get to wear an eye patch, may combo it with my bolo tie and at least enjoy being a character for a bit.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blimey, sounds like a bad one. I get them occasionally, but mini ones where a bit of warm water bathing sorts them out. Best of luck, and rock that patch.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Baby shampoo helped me out of a stye or two.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yeah, baby shampoo is what they (doctors an' stuff) usually say to use of that kinda thing.
  • Really? I have a small stye on my eyelid at the mo. It's tiny and painless, but it's been there a while. What are you people suggesting I do with Baby Shampoo to make it fuck off?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!