Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dilute it in warm water, get a cloth and clean your peeper with it. The hotter the better, as it breaks up whatever shite is blocking the pore, but don't scald yourself ffs we need you in the crows nest.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Too late, he's just poured the kettle directly into his eye.
  • AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I saw a stye!
    Why?
    A stye in my eye
    Why in my eye?
    A stye

A little stye with shit on
    Making me blind
    Going blink blinketty-blink in my eye
    Oh my
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Is it possible to have hayfever and a cold at the same time? Because that's what I've got. I tell yeh, it's coming out of all orifices
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Has hayfever only just kicked in for you? It can lead to cold like symptoms when it starts.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Colds can also lead to hay fever like symptoms.
  • I’ve had the same or similar for a month now, maybe two. Hayfever eyes coupled with a sinus cold. At least, that’s what it feels like. It’s probably all the sodding pollen’s fault.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think I have plantar fasciitis as my heel constantly feels like it's bruised and walking is painful. I'm almost certain this is due to being overweight at the moment. I have a tendency to eat a lot of junk when I'm stressed and the last year has been stressful. So, while I try and get some kilos off, is there anything I can do to reduce the pain? Would a foot spa be any good?
  • I had that during some marathon training.
  • Likewise. Rested for 6 weeks, was fine after that.
  • I have massively flat feet suffer from it every now and again usually when I buy a new pair of shoes that offer little support. It tends to really hurt first thing in the morning so much so I can't walk on them. Rolling a cold bottle of water in the arch of your foot helps. I bought some orthaheel insoles which have touch wood sorted it out.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • i've got 'ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow', often referred to as golfer's elbow (which is ironic since i don't really play golf anymore).
    basically it's the nerve you hit when you bang your 'funny bone', so it's permanent pins and needles in the bottom part of my hand, and every time i bend my arm past about 90 degrees it must catch the nerve and I get that electric shock feeling like when you bang your funny bone.
    according to the doc i just need to rest it and it should get better within a YEAR!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    On the plus side, you’ll be amazing at left-handed wanks in 12 months’ time.
  • Bloody hell. Was the doc able to tell you what probably caused that, Ram?
    Spoiler:
  • nope. i wasn't aware of doing anything in particular to injure it, and i'd been off work for a few days (just on leave, hanging around the house with new puppy) so it wasn't like i was particularly stressed or whatever when it started. i think it's mainly just a repetitive strain type thing over time, plus i usually sleep with my arms bent tight so poss sleeping extra awkward like that was the proverbial back-breaking straw.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Mother fucking gout is paying me a visit again!

I'm pretty sure it's triggered by the hot weather and dehydration, rather than all the venison and port I'm scoffing. 

Currently self medicating with various anti-inflams and codeine. Vit C, zinc, lemon and ginger.

Tin I want somebody to kill me now, will my doctor actually be able to help or will I just have to ride this out?
    Can-of-sprite
  • One of my old work colleagues had a nasty case of gout. All the obvious jokes aside (the list of ‘foods to avoid’ from his doctor was amazing, as if the boy was Henry VIII himself) he got medication from his doctor and it did sort him right out, over time.
  • @Skade - Your doctor will be able to help you out, and in the meantime anti-inflammatories (like ibuprofen) are the right thing to do - just don't take it on an empty stomach, or if you have a history of asthma/ stomach problems.  If this isn't the first time you've had gout, then you should probably have a serious conversation about preventative treatments.  It used to be that we only offered this if you had a lot of attacks, but the evidence now is for giving preventative treatment quite early as it reduces the risk of chronic arthritis in later life (and possibly reduces the risk of heart disease).

With respect to diet, the current recommendation is the DASH diet.  I'll let you google it, but the main headlines are lots of fruit, veg, nuts, wholegrain etc and very little sugary drinks, red or processed meat, and salt.

@Ram - yeah, resting is the most important part of treating golfer's elbow.  I wouldn't go waiting a year though.  if it's not settling after a couple of weeks of rest and pain relief, speak to the doctor about physio (there are some simple stretches you can do) or  if worst comes to worst, a steroid injection (doesn't cure the underlying problem, but resolves pain - just make sure they know what they're doing).

@Kow Plantar fasciitis is horrible, and the main treatment is, again, rest.  Make sure you wear decent supportive shoes - don't go barefoot, and avoid sandals and flip-flops like the plague.  Go the the chemist and pick up some heel pads for your shoes - make sure they're a decent thickness - then cut a small hole in them that corresponds with the most tender part of your foot to try and stop it making contact with the shoe at all.  Again, if it drags on, physio can sometimes help, and anti-inflammatories can be effective.  If it's really unbearable you could talk to your GP about steroid injection - but I'll warn you now, having an injection into your heel is bloody painful.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The doctor is in lads.

Top notch forum this.

I had that painful heels thing when I was young - late teens. I couldn't walk for more than half a mile and the pain would kick in. It went away after a year or so - I put it down to just some sort of growing thing as I grew quite a bit 16-18 (not fat) Still have the stretch marks. I also tore cartiledge in my knees - they would click and give me incredible pain until they "clicked back". The doc at the hospital didn't want to intervene and since I wasn't an athlete or anything he left them saying they would heel which did happen.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Thanks Tin, booked myself in with the doctor will get on the allopurinol.

Might have to ask Rouj to teach me how to be a Soy boy.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Eat soy.

That'll be £500.

Cheers.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I've all but dropped red meat recently and feel much better for it. That is a good first step.

I also restricted all meat to just my main evening meal.

I will break the rules if eating out or invited to someone else's house but those aren't often.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm thinking of dropping all meat other than sea food. I might drop dairy too (although I do like cream, so it might just be a reduction).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pescatarianism FTW.
  • I'm thinking of dropping all meat other than sea food. I might drop dairy too (although I do like cream, so it might just be a reduction).
    I don't eat much cheese, don't use milk in hot drinks or eat cereal.
    The killer is avoiding it as an ingredient. Butter, milk and eggs are in a hell of a lot of things.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I could never give up meat. Slaughter more animals, world.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm thinking of dropping all meat other than sea food. I might drop dairy too (although I do like cream, so it might just be a reduction).
    I don't eat much cheese, don't use milk in hot drinks or eat cereal.
    The killer is avoiding it as an ingredient. Butter, milk and eggs are in a hell of a lot of things.

To the 101 things that get on your tits thread - eggs aren't dairy.
  • They aren't but it is quite common for people who give up one to give up the other.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, but I'm not sure why.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!