Punching ozno in the fuck - boxing and MMA for girlie men
  • Don't know whether to order it as they pop up pretty quick on YouTube.
  • If it's on BT Sport it'll be on you tube within hours. If it's PPV I think it's a few days before it surfaces legally.

I don't think Masvidal has what it takes at the very elite level, he's a dangerous vet but I think he gets out skilled and out worked against Usman. Hope I'm wrong like, I never thought Dillashaw would beat Barao or Rose beat Joanna or bisping beat rockhold or...... the list is endless tbf.

I just wanna see the best Masvidal we've ever seen then he has a chance, anything less and I think it goes the same as their first fight did.
  • It's a standard BT job, 1am prelims 3am main card, no PPV in the UK.

Hard to disagree with that too. If Jorge does it then damn, he's really, really earned it. Usman is approaching "of all time" legacy.
  • It's a standard BT job, 1am prelims 3am main card, no PPV in the UK.

Hard to disagree with that too. If Jorge does it then damn, he's really, really earned it. Usman is approaching "of all time" legacy.

I think he has the potential to be in that conversation but at the moment I'd put him 4th in welterweight all timers behind the p4p goat GSP at 1, Hughes at 2 and Tyrone at 3.

GSP is light years ahead of those 3 in terms of what he accomplished though imo.

I'm hoping Masvidal wins because it opens the division up. Mas vs Covington is a dream match for me.
  • Saw what happened to Hughes, crying shame.
  • Yeah, was really hard not to shed a few tears when he got that ovation upon returning.
  • uT3R7Zo.jpg

Goodness me I am tired but it has never been more worth it. What a card, up there with the best there's ever been. Wanted to throw up at Weidmans horrific leg, MMA gods you never cease to amaze. The Silva connection to Hall, to the leg.... Fuck me. And I shed happy tears for Rose. She's incredible. Knew she'd throw Zhang some sneaky, crispy stuff but DAAAAAAAMN. And a few happy tears again at seeing that photo in motion. It all felt surreal, but normal, and I guess I was happy to just feel it all. And also really tired lol.

Fuck, not a sport like it when it delivers like that. Bravo.
  • I've only watched the Rose and Usman fights, I'll catch the rest later. Rose does seem to have this strange aura, I genuinely filled up when she won, I've no idea why, it's quite breath taking. She has that effect on so many people.

Usman has the most devastating straight line punching I've seen in the UFC in a long time. He's a scary motherfucker.

Hopefully Covington has gotten better and we get another barn burner in the rematch.
  • All caught up, Holy shit!
  • Indeed, folks. What's mental is I'm coming away more impressed by Valentina than anything. Andrade will close the distance, they said. Andrade will clinch then it's a different ballgame for Valentina, they said. Nope. Sheva laughs at you all. And when you see her during fight week with the press, she's a multi-lingual, super funny, super charming, lovely, lovely woman to be round. Then you see the cage walk and she's flipped the switch. Truly terrifying and wonderfully captivating at the same time. She's amazing.
  • Top tier. I don't know about you but I was a little snooty re: penisless UFC. Have been educated and proven wrong these last two years.
  • She's a class act is Valentina. I'd like to see her and Nunes go again. Think I had her winning that last fight iirc. She always impresses every time she fights.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Top tier. I don't know about you but I was a little snooty re: penisless UFC. Have been educated and proven wrong these last two years.

This current bunch of women's champions are a different breed. They fight like geezers. Historically I'd say the women's toughness has never been in doubt but I think they lacked in skill, technique, execution and even that calm in a storm mindset the men have had for years. Not any more these lot are the real deal.

• Yeah I'd say I was the same before, probably a subconscious residual from women's football which I am ashamed to admit. I couldn't get invested, somehow. I think it changed for me around the Joanna/Kowalkewicz rivalry which was amazing to witness, then the rise of Amanda and Sheva, the incredible THUG ROSE! moments, and the rest.

Fuck it, book Valentina v Figureido. She will fuck him up too.
  • Holy fucking shit. What a card.

That leg though...
  • Like stepping on a pink welly.
  • Here's vids for the three title fights in case anyone else wants to see.

Has to go down as one of the best. I see Conor jawing with Usman on twitter now. Sit down son you don't want that, trust me.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I think female UFC's a lot more exciting than female boxing. Sav Marshall and Amanda Serrano are great, but the gloves are too big and rounds too short in their version. I'd be in favour of 6x3, with 8x3 for championship bouts.

Whereas in UFC the tiny gloves, kicking and wrestling mean that even 115-pounders can win by stoppage. 8oz boxing gloves sound light, but it's a noticeable difference.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I thought this was so good

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • RE Weidman had to look away as soon as he fell and noticed his leg was wobbling.  Hearing the crowd reaction to the replays was bad enough.  

Of course you can't avoid seeing things like this on the internet though.  Was on youtube last night and a video auto played.  The thumbnail was Weidman trying to stand on his broken leg except his foot was upside down.  Horrific stuff.

Unforgettable show (amazing that Krute scoring 2 takedowns with 1 leg was the least memorable fight) but will be glad to never seeing the Weidman finish again

Also saw Cormier talking down a boxing match with Jake Paul; I dunno though he's a pro wrestling fan, could imagine him hamming it up and getting into this celebrity boxing thing.  I reckon he does it.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Oh, DC is absolutely being worked into a shoot, and knows exactly what he's doing. I think he takes it too, if offered. A sideshow though, so, moving on.

Gutted to hear TJ Dillashaw is out of his fight with Sandhagen. That had banger written all over it. Although Reyes v Prochazka headliner is not to be sniffed at either. Looking forward to it.
  • cockbeard wrote:

This video is great. First of all it's exactly the same as videos watching american hip hop reaction channels find out about UK MCs, secondly I need to know what my man is talking about when he is talking about whatever sport his is familiar with locally which is like boxing except hands and feet, no gloves. 

Also while I'm here can we crowd fund any competent boxer or MMA striker to just constantly turn up at Jake Paul's house and every public function and call him a massive fucking fanny until he gets in the ring and put to fucking sleep please? Fucking tired of this mfer walking around after 6 months of boxing lessons walking around like he's a legitimate fighter.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Indian Slap Fighting maybe?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Could be kabbadi, you can kick in that as well
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Roujin wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    This video is great. First of all it's exactly the same as videos watching american hip hop reaction channels find out about UK MCs, secondly I need to know what my man is talking about when he is talking about whatever sport his is familiar with locally which is like boxing except hands and feet, no gloves.  Also while I'm here can we crowd fund any competent boxer or MMA striker to just constantly turn up at Jake Paul's house and every public function and call him a massive fucking fanny until he gets in the ring and put to fucking sleep please? Fucking tired of this mfer walking around after 6 months of boxing lessons walking around like he's a legitimate fighter.

Na, just get him to talk shit about New Jack, problem solved.
  • That YouTube video is a very good wrestler, long live my son!
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Jake Paul's not leaving his celebrity circuit. I can see him fighting the ghost of Roy Jones at some point. Maybe De La Hiya.
  • Any comp vids of folk ripping on Oscar? I do dislike that man very much. Can see the snake pishing right out him.

MMA gods are smiting us again after such a good event last week. That's Yoel Romero out of his Bellator debut against Anthony Rumble Johnson. There's no combo of two people I wanted to see locked in a cage to fight more than Yoel fucking Romero and Rumble fucking Johnson, good lord. This is why we can't have nice things. Gutted.
  • I love Jake Paul. He's just a reductio ad absurdem of the whole MMA thang.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Well I mean on one level, yes, lol jake paul is doing a thing ahaha cant believe u mad bro, etc. 

On the other, this guy is a accused rapist, who has massive narcissistic tendencies and a need for people to pay attention to him, trying to insert himself into whatever thing he feels like, using his money to promote himself as some equal or more deserving of people's time than the people who were already there. 

It's honestly massively disrespectful to everyone in whatever industry he just hops into, banging his wooden spoon on his cooking pot helmet like toddler Bart Simpson. 

He also unfortunately has a large number of young kids who are actively harmed by following his antics which are promoted on his social media channels as being somehow aspirational. 

So I can't wait for the day he isn't able to cherry pick fights if he carries on pursuing his little boxing career and his ego finally overrides his common sense, or someone big he has already challenged doesnt care that if they got in the ring with him it tarnishes their own reputation and just runs the fucking train on him so bad that the resultant brain damage he receives leaves him incapable of sustaining his toxic social media career.

Edit: Gonzo is right about the WWE theatrics that the UFC has encouraged though.

Double Edit: That's not a swipe at wrestling either. Mix a bit of performance and flair in with some athletic displays as a form of entertainment, all good with me.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!