Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Mix a bit of performance and flair in with some athletic displays as a form of entertainment, all good with me.

Yeah, they had all that.

Flair.gif

Lols aside, that's all it is. My boxing mates don't mind him fighting at all, just that they earned a few hundred to a few grand per fight and could all smash him.

But obviously he won't fight area-level dudes because it's a bad look when he loses, at the same time as the big names can't touch him because they'd be massive bullies for it. He might win a white-collar roidman prizefighter, but that's his standard. And if that's how he went about this, fair enough.
  • Jiri Prochazka you are a bad, bad dude. Goodness me.

Finish in gif
    Spoiler:

Hope Reyes is ok but also, daaaaaaaayyyum son!
  • i see Jake Paul and Mayweather had an 'altercation' at their press conference. cos Jake Paul took his hat. and shouted 'gotcha hat'. and has now had 'gotcha hat' tattooed on his leg. which i find extra hilarious and proof he's an idiot since to me that means 'got you, hat' not 'got your hat'.

plus i'm sure the whole thing is just part of the show and he and mayweather gave each other congrats on the scrap once off camera.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Sooooo, Rumble gonna Rumble.

GKwJOMD.gif

Still gutted it wasn't Romero he was facing. Never have I wanted a fight to happen so, so bad. Sigh.

And MVP gonna MVP
    xsvHiMQ.jpg

Turned yer man into a pug. He's so frustrating though. When he fights you watch and think wow, he's another Jones/Izzy/Fergo, he's so stylish, but then you realise his record is probably the most padded in MMA history, fighting bouncers and mechanics. The one time he went up against world class opposition, he got crumpled.

Ah well, Bellator gonna Bellator. We have fun don't we?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Saunders grew in confidence in 5, 6 and 7 as Canelo visibly tired, but it was never out of Canelo's control. He lulled Saunders into upping his output once he was sure his power wasn't enough to stop him, and the fight was really over when Saunders — trapped in a corner — ducked illegally low to avoid a shot.

It's very hard to catch him when he's fresh, but he's often shown a greater dislike of being hit than most fighters, so Canelo cast his line in the middle rounds to inspire activity for a better look, until his reassertion of pressure wrought a conspicuously negative reaction that became the finishing setup.

Those kissing-the-canvas ducks become increasingly tempting when your legs can't pedal hard enough any more, and Saunders has never not faded in the championship rounds. Late-career Mayweather's Philly guard was so effective at offsetting age-related fade because his feints were top-drawer. Likewise, Hopkins was a master at nullifying cardio advantages well into his 40s.

But Saunders was always losing this fight once he slowed down, lacking their craft to avert punishment, nor having Golovkin's fire-with-fire heart. I expected him to retire, just not with a genuine fight-ending injury. Very sensible; no complaints.

There's talk of a third Golovkin fight, but I don't wanna see it because I think G gets stopped at this point. After so many of us felt he won their first fight and drew the second, that's not the sendoff he deserves.
  • Nah, don't want to see GGG do it either. Yer man with the other belt looks like a lamb too, bless.

What's striking to me, or was in the immediate aftermath, was Reyes up there got busted the hell up in that first round v Prochazka, and came out. Got that elbow and got sent packing, with just show money. 50k? Boxing is fucked in many ways but at least BJ got paid paid.

They're saying that's a career ender too. Quad fracture. And I don't think BJ will come back. Personality wise, I'm kinda glad. He wasn't the nicest dude.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    He challenged one of my mates to bare-knuckle; man's a lemon.

Money's a curse in boxing. Saunders needed a couple more hard fights (I'd have tried for Truax as a winnable grind for him), but he wouldn't risk losing his $6m payday. And I think the reason for that is also the reason I'm a boxing fan: because when a fighter's up against it you really see their character, and so if they're deemed to have fallen short of exceptional standards they're left high and dry under keyboard-warrior microscopes. The trenches in UFC might be as deep, but thanks to boxing's tighter rules they're often less appreciable IMO.

So the main thing boxing needs from UFC is fan acceptance of losses (as it used to be), since modern boxers are inclined (encouraged for sure) to big themselves up to chase that coin. A ground loss for a striker isn't a big setback in UFC, say, but everyone's on equal terms in boxing, in a world where losses have become regarded as mental failures as much as sporting ones.

Too many current boxing fans are dicks, basically. For them, the real appeal of Joshua-Fury isn't the fight itself, which is probably gonna be dull, but the guarantee that someone's going home crying. You wouldn't get that tension if they had a few losses between them, which I think they would with old-school matchmaking. Ruiz-Arreola was a ton of fun last week, but no human interest angle.

I'd trade fanbases with UFC in a shot right now. Joshua and Fury are way more scared of fan perceptions than they are of each other.
  • And so, it's another Connor fight week, going after the best of three win v Poirier.

And uhhhhh, I do not see it happening. If he comes out in that plodding boxing stance, he's fucked. If he doesn't and Poirier survives bombs from his left and gets outside the first round, he's fucked also. I love me some DP, once he's in the pocket and gets a whiff of victory he fuckin GOES and I love that, he's a true great inside and outside the sport, and I'd really really like it if he slaps Connor again then gets the belt off Olivera.

If you want a study in extreme insecurity, watch Connor's interview here:

Yer man knows fuck all about the sport, really, but at least he doesn't softball him.

Willing to be proven wrong and wowed, but I doubt even that would be enough for me to jump on the Connor train. It left long, long ago.

Let's go, El Diamanté.
  • I watched the press conference. Connor back to old habits, but also looked a little too much like bravado. Hope he nails Dustin, as I think he can be a bit boring.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think Conor is pretty much done at any high level. Pretty well known that he likes the sniff and nights out too much and he's disliked by a fair few in Dublin for being an arrogant egotistical cunt.

Still a draw and will be for a while but I never truly rated him.
  • What, as a fighter? C'maaaaan. Hooker, Holloway, Alvarez, Gaethje. All absolutely sensational fights.

As a person, fair enough I suppose.

Edit: for griffo re: boring
  • You're right. I mean that he is technically proficient, ferocious at times, tenacious but slightly by the numbers.
  • I think Connor is going to batter the shit out of him.
  • One has black hair, t'other is fair /gingery. Always back a black haired dude to do a ginger, in my experience, they're weaklings
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Hot when female tho,sheesh
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

• You are absolutely correct.

• Tyson Fury has Covid, so the scrap with Wilder is off.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A sparring partner tested positive is what I heard. Fury's gonna wriggle out if he can.

Re: McGregor, if Ferguson learnt to fight from '80s straight-to-videos, he just kept watching Snatch.
  • A sparring partner is the one who brought it in, 10 people in the camp including Fury have tested positive apparantly.
  • Conners given us some amazing scenes, nearly every one of his fights from Marcus Brimmage to Eddie Alvarez produced something great one way or another. He's fallen off a cliff since becoming the champ champ though and I don't see him turning it round. He makes for a great hammer but there ain't no nails around at the very top.

Dustins a beast and if he ain't flattened by a clean shot then Conner is in for a very tough time. If Conner ain't done him in 8 minutes then Dustin to win before the end of the third. Also black hair vs ginger obviously.
  • Fucking buzzing for Niko Price v Pereira, madness that's on the prelims. Someone's getting ko'ed in spectacular fashion, count on it.

Also, would kinda love the newbie to put Sean O'Malley in his place a little.

Will have the Copa America final on at the same time as the prelims. What a night.
  • And that's surely mcgregor done as a top draw.

First reaction was he got downed too easy but it seems he broke his ankle trading blows. Nasty looking.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah, he's done.
  • Some of Danas comments would lead me to think UFC want to get one more payday from this feud. Not a proper loss/ finish etc. 

I get thats it a shit way to go down, it looks like he just rolls his ankle when he brings back his foot. But still, thats how it goes.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Fight was only going one way, tbh. DP started teeing off, Conor panicked and clinched, shot for a gilly (thought only kos count bro? lmao) and was getting smeshed. Already raging at how he/his fans will spin it. Just go away.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The only fight left for McGregor is Ferguson, and vice versa.

• This has been on my radar for quite a while now, not sure if any of its been seen round these parts but here it is ESBC.

This is by far the best video I've seen of it over the last year or so and it's looking realy promising.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!