CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I fucking LOVE this early part of From games where you are trying to figure out enemies, patterns, weaknesses, attacks, reach, i-frames, items (and their usefulness), environmental exploits (oh yes, i'm that guy). Do you press more and see where that cave leads, or homeward bone it, and bank/spend your XP? 

No wiki to guide you, no Youtube to mislead you (based on what they think is right), just you versus the game.

In short: its just sublime, like all of Miyazaki's creations. default_wub.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    oh good lord the parry and the combat oh good lord
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I actually think this new punishment upon death is way more strict than the Souls bloodstain we're used to (it has layers, not only the immediate XP and item loss). Especially if you don't learn your lesson and walk into the same shit repeatedly. Play smart!
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Gah, the first few hours were fairly negative for me but I'm still in Nioh mode.  Hopefully it'll click soon.

I liked the fish at least.
  • Fuck me it got fucking rock hard, I’m more of a button basher.

Got to
    Spoiler:
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    Gah, the first few hours were fairly negative for me but I'm still in Nioh mode.  Hopefully it'll click soon. I liked the fish at least.

Trust me, i've been playing jolly coop Nioh most weekends, the transition has been a nightmare! X to evade? Nope! Also pressing square to use items like Souls. lol! I can't win. 

This evening after a few beers has been much better. Just relaxed, taking my time, hit & run type Ninja playstyle.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    No performance mode for console? PC again then.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thought it ran at 60fps?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    On PC yes, console lol nope
  • Can it run at higher than 60? Or does the engine still tie together the frame rate and the physics/game logic?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    60fps cap
  • Literally unplayable.
  • Is there any multiplayer on this? Hoping not so I can pick up a second hand copy on the cheap once uni's over...
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nah no MP mate, pure SP experience
  • Sounds like it's no good on ps4 base console. Pass for me.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dan's playing it on base and seems fine with it.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Fuck performance, fps and resolution! Let Miyazaki fuck you in the ass, and make you question why you play games at all.
  • Time to git gud all over again scrubs!
    In the best way.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm gonna say it: Nioh is a better game for me. The RPG elements and build diversity appeal to me way more than a '1 play and done campaign' like this.
  • But if Sekiro was like that it would just be Nioh, considering the setting etc. 

I know what you mean about the once through and done though. Though personally I was never a huge one for builds, it was all about the first time through, nothing can replicate that, for me. And subsequent playthroughs I always left a large gap between them and was basically trying to replicate that initial feeling each time I played through.  So hopefully this game will appeal to my playstyle. 

Unfortunate won’t get chance to play it til tonight ah well!
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Nioh was one and done for me, so a lot of the loot and RPG stuff was effectively redundant. On the other hand, I've always liked doing different builds with Souls, but I'm glad that's not a thing in Sekiro. It's just good to have something different.

Anyway, I'm through the opening section. Seems very promising. The speed and brutality of the combat already stands out.
  • And because it's pure SP you can actually pause the game!
  • JonB wrote:
    And because it's pure SP you can actually pause the game!

But if you’re shit like me, you can’t get help :-(
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Curtis@ dubs@ fight mechanics in sekiro better than Nioh?
  • @kernowgaz Yeah I’m worried about that as I have a tendency to summon help on hard bosses rather than actually improve my skills!
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Game have changed opening times to 9:30. Grrr. Getting a coffee while I wait.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The stealth aspect really changes how you approach the main parts of levels. Movement with the grapple is so quick, so even if you get seen stealth killing one enemy it's quite easy to get away and find safe ground. Clearing out an area of normal enemies is great fun and very different to Souls/Nioh.

I'm struggling with proper fighting so far though. It's mostly a case of timing those parries, which was always a problem I had with Souls and Bloodborne. But I guess it'll come with practice. I've not done a proper boss yet, which will presumably be where the proper challenge comes in.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    It's feels just about different enough to be interesting, Dino, but can feel very limiting.  I feel like I'm being forced to grind out bigger enemies until I can parry everything and the resurrection mechanic is supposed to ease the grind against the one-hit-kills.  Also, the HUD sucks, why is the enemy posture bar so tiny?

At the moment, I prefer Nioh's fluidity and breadth, but it's still day one and that's the memory of Nioh's endgame where I'd been using the same setup for 20 hours.  It is satisfying when you get into a nice flow and the one proper boss I've fought was fun.

Just realised that you can pause when the enemy starts attacking to cheat.  Thrust?  Sweep?  Grab?  Press OPTIONS for ninja reflexes.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    Just realised that you can pause when the enemy starts attacking to cheat.  Thrust?  Sweep?  Grab?  Press OPTIONS for ninja reflexes.

Elf will play it like that, since they took his bell away.
  • This again looks like a game I'll get more joy out of watching pros rinse it than I would attempting and failing miserably to handle it myself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!