Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Rev wrote:
    Lunchtime platinum done.

Oof. Huge effort. Nice one.
  • Rev wrote:
    Lunchtime platinum done.

Congrats.
    Gonna miss the updates though, what's next?
  • digi wrote:
    Rev wrote:
    Lunchtime platinum done.
    Congrats. Gonna miss the updates though, what's next?

there is the gaunlets but I'm tempted to rent out Lies of P and see what that is like.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • If you want similar, but different, have you tried Sifu?
  • I have not, but it keeps coming up on my feeds in youtube to watch so I'm tmepted
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Sifu is excellent rev, highly recommended!
  • Rev wrote:
    I have not, but it keeps coming up on my feeds in youtube to watch so I'm tmepted

A great follow on from Sifu. It has similar parry/meter mechanics and is a game you need to master to beat. Do it!
  • Think I'm gonna finally buy this. Hate souls games generally but love a tight sword fighting game.

There's a lot I like the look of in this but I hear it's rock hard.

I'm hoping the fact that I love OG Ninja gaiden, Ghost of Tsushima and Sifu are gonna translate more than my dislike of games like monter hunter and souls stuff mainly because the nature of the combat looks more akin to the former than the latter.

For reference, the only game I've ever platinumed is Sifu because despite being hard, the combat had what I look for. I've lasted no longer than a couple of hours with other From Soft stuff though as I just dont get it.

Am i being naive here and realy off base in thinking this is for me?
  • It's still very much a Souls game with similar world structure, a similar general feel and the same game engine. It's even more punishing than other Souls games as (like Sifu) it asks you to get good or go home, with no option to level your character up to a point where you can boost stats to beat a tough enemy. It's one for the sadists at times.

It's not like Sifu, but it does share some very similar mechanics when it comes to combat i.e. parry timing is essential and the "structure" bar is equally as important as health. The combat is extremely samey with a more limited move set than Sifu, but super refined. Whether that's enough over 30-40 hours? Tough one.

I would say at a sub £20 price point it's worth a gamble. It's currently £29 on PSN on sale and never seems to go cheaper than that. For me it was absolutely worth RRP even though I picked it up in a sale.
  • Might be worth looking at renting it out through Boomerang or something similar? I don't think I can drop £30 on another game right now. But I'll check it out as soon as I can.
    Cupatay wrote:
    Think I'm gonna finally buy this. Hate souls games generally but love a tight sword fighting game. There's a lot I like the look of in this but I hear it's rock hard. I'm hoping the fact that I love OG Ninja gaiden, Ghost of Tsushima and Sifu are gonna translate more than my dislike of games like monter hunter and souls stuff mainly because the nature of the combat looks more akin to the former than the latter. For reference, the only game I've ever platinumed is Sifu because despite being hard, the combat had what I look for. I've lasted no longer than a couple of hours with other From Soft stuff though as I just dont get it. Am i being naive here and realy off base in thinking this is for me?

In fairness, its the least soulsy game that you can play as it relies on you getting in the face of the enemy and parrying them, and it does have a learning movesets mindset, it's less like circling round the legs and hitting and more like punishing your enemies for their openings. It feels fairer than DS3 and while you level up, there's not the huge leaps that you get in other souls games and often just taking the bosses on with your sword is the best way.
  • Yeah I think what you guy's are saying ties up with how it looks to play. I think I'm gonna get it and give it a crack.
  • I'm guessing the gauntlets don't offer much more than harder versions of certain enemies? The difficulty seems to have ramped up in terms of the damage I do in both health and posture. when i did my last run the bosses were far more easier to take down than the gauntlet versions, and that was on NG+2
  • Finally started this and it's pretty lovely looking for a 4 year old game. It's also, so far, the first game featuring parrying that I've actually gotten on with which bodes well.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Finally started this and it's pretty lovely looking for a 4 year old game. It's also, so far, the first game featuring parrying that I've actually gotten on with which bodes well.
    It is gorgeous. 
    If you clash swords with enemies you'll block as well on occasion. It's worth keeping the block button on sometimes as it reduces your posture damage, especially for boss fights. I always found the mini bosses to be harder than the main bosses. there's definitely two mini bosses who are absolute walls to get past. If you need any help then lmk
  • I already know that I'm never going to finish this game. Haven't even gotten through the first fog gate I've seen - Shinobi Hunter with the spear keeps kicking my arse!
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!