Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • That was fun. Other than the initial spike of getting used to parrying, there was two bosses for me that held me up. The first was on a rooftop, the second in the woods. They were true punching the air moments when beaten.

• Here's my video.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Can I hear you mashing block in the background? Outrageous!
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Can I hear you mashing block in the background? Outrageous!

I forget that when you don't silence the controlled the mic is switch on for recording.  But yeah, that's me monster mashing..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • You’ll find that you’re better off either holding block and building up posture damage, or timing it right for the parry, to raise their posture damage. Click clacking like that leaves it to luck, where you could hit a parry, but are more likely to take a blow. This was my experience anyway. Others may disagree. You’re clearly making progress in any event.
  • What a game. I went from this to Sifu to do my "good" play through. Now I just want to go back to this to do some alternate endings.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    What a game. I went from this to Sifu to do my "good" play through. Now I just want to go back to this to do some alternate endings.

Really really enjoying this.

• Genichiro down after the 4th attempt. Would post the video but it has me shouting out 'fucking take that you fucking cunt'
    But I must be getting better because I enjoyed the fight rather than finding it a chore.
  • Brilliant fight!  Well, most of them are.  But that was probably my favourite, and a couple of the late late game ones were also so awesome.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Sekiro does need a musical.
  • Rev wrote:
    Genichiro down after the 4th attempt. Would post the video but it has me shouting out 'fucking take that you fucking cunt' But I must be getting better because I enjoyed the fight rather than finding it a chore.

Glad it's clicking for you. I loved the challenge right the way through although I did cheese one of the bosses, but that one was superfluous to the main quest and was an absolute bastard. Gonna go back and do it properly.
  • the ape is going to be the wall for me. Hopefully with my new play style I should be able to mess them up. Last time I found it impossible, but i admit i swtiched to souls mode to try to beat them which just isn't the way. 
    this time, I seem to have found a lot more equipment for my arm. And I'm finding out that fire crackers and stars are your best friends
  • Rev wrote:
    the ape is going to be the wall for me. Hopefully with my new play style I should be able to mess them up. Last time I found it impossible, but i admit i swtiched to souls mode to try to beat them which just isn't the way.  this time, I seem to have found a lot more equipment for my arm. And I'm finding out that fire crackers and stars are your best friends

A couple of tips for the ape...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • oooooooh
    thanks
  • Totally handed the ape their ass.. delighted..
  • Nice one. Great boss fight. Definitely some coming up which are twice the challenge though. You can do it.

• Here's my very messy close battle
  • Up to Emma and Ishin. Pain to have to take her out again and again as it breaks your rhythm, beating the old boy second phase iot just very very tricky. Can't get into the patterns yet. So any helkp would be welcome.
  • Sorry, been so long since I played it, can’t help really. I do need to get back to that fight to get my platinum. As well as grind out all skills.
  • Just pummeled him. Delighted. What a fight.
  • Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Parrying like a GOD now.
  • But what do I do now? Am I finished and it's time for Ng+ it seems I scratched the surface
  • Huh?  Why would you be finished?
  • Oh wait...
    Spoiler:
  • Rev wrote:
    But what do I do now? Am I finished and it's time for Ng+ it seems I scratched the surface

You are in a similar boat to me. Need to do some alternate paths but couldn't quite face another play through just yet (although I did start one and got a little way in).
  • Ah. So I'm Ng+ it then? Seems fair and shouldn't be too bad. Though might start a new run.
  • I couldn’t beat
    Spoiler:
    and gave up :-(.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!